Rune casting

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by FireflyInTheDark, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I have a set I made for myself out of hard thick leather, stained black and carved... I painted the carved runes red. These were done on a dark moon in a ritualistic manner... Heavy stuff, this set. I won't photograph them.

I have another set I made from Birch with the runes burned in, these are more traditional style. I had made several sets like this in various woods for special order when I had my shop.

Thank You, Firefly, glad you like them...

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Hardcore. :rockon:

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you're on amazon try searching Futhark: Hdbk Of Rune Magic by Thorsson/flowers (BFUTHAN0NO)
    PLM

It was pretty good when I read it a long time ago. Goes into indepth runic analogy, how to use them, branch runes etc. In my opinion you're better off reading a book by a true Nord.

4. lightningstrike

lightningstrike Guest

Thorrson, aka Stephen Flowers, really pushed his view of the "Runes" hard in the social circles with little or no real evidences proving most of his claims. That being said, so long as your not looking at this as "True Ancient Knowledge" and recognize that it really didn't come about till the early 1980's that Rune became synonymous with Oracles, and the old Norse Alphabet and less about the hidden mysteries that Odin speaks of in the Havamal.

All that said, they can be a powerful tool like any other form of divination. As a psychic amplifier they are unique in their ability to be tossed from the bag and landing in patterns which may interrelate within each other and strike certain ideas in the psyche of the reader.

That said, I wish you well on your journey, just remember that your "ancient knowledge" isn't that ancient and you'll evade the trap I fell into not so long ago when I tried to find an author, any author, before the 80's writing about runes.

Asmodean likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

n'aww, i still advise the same book lol.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Don't buy into this bullshit Drivel!

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i think you need to stuff your opinions in a sack mister!