Rumors of magick among scientologists?

Discussion in 'Scientology' started by paperairplane, Dec 5, 2010.

1. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

Rumors of magick among scientologists?

2. Skizm

Skizm Member

Pretty much just like the rest of scientology. BS

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Hmm very interesting mystics and alchemists (like jesus) were gods themselves and isnt magick much of the same? Aren't we all creators of our destiny , masters of our own realities
    I believe it's possible to will and change matter , philosophers stone or the Midas touch

I like this quote on wiki on magick: "Another invocatory technique that the magician can employ is called the assumption of godforms—where with "concentrated imagination of oneself in the symbolic shape of any God, one should be able to identify oneself with the idea which [the god] represents."[14] A general method involves positioning the body in a position that is typical for a given god, imagining that the image of the god is coinciding with or enveloping the body, accompanied by the practice of "vibration" of the appropriate god-name(s) (see below).
    [edit]"

Are there better places for information?

4. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

There is some basis for a lot of what scientology is based on . I dont agree with some of there methods . Many years ago after reading L Ron Hubbard's book dyanetics I wanted to watch them do an auditing on some one else first , but they would not let me do that , they wanted to do me first . If any one is interested in magic , away form scientology , you can check out the golden dawn . desert rat

5. zenmagma022

zenmagma022 Member

6. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

To Jaridfelix the L.B.R.P. is a bit different than you discribe , but you say the different names of God in Hebrew . http://www.squidoo.com/lbrp2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qRGf9oKalk"]6a. Golden Dawn Pentagram Ritual (LBRP - Lesser Banishing). The Emerald Tablet and the Golden Dawn - YouTube This is from the golden dawn , I dont think the scientologists prctice it . desert rat

7. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I plan on joining the golden dawn whenever in my life it isi happen to be living nearby one of their temples, I can't wait for that time in my life.

8. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Magic would be the opposite of Scientology's teachings, from their perspective.
    It's all just loads of crazy to me.

1 person likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

magic can exist among anyone. not because of what they have in common. not all the same things are called magic. nor for the same reasons.

10. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Being 'clear' grants you some powers because you've mastered your personal thetan and gotten rid of your bodily thetans. To some, that may seem like magic but a Scientologist would never call it magic. It's the powers of being a Clear.

11. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

One thing about Scientology is that it allows each member to retain his own religious beliefs, or lack thereof. People of any religious faith can be a Scientologist.

12. osiris

osiris Senior Member

L. Ron Hubbard was associated with Jack Parsons, who was an inventor of rocket fuel and a Thelemite. By associated with I mean he ripped him off and stole his girlfriend. L. Ron Hubbard was kind of an unscrupulous bastard, like Crowley, but a decent enough writer. Scientology is based on Hubbard's experiences with Thelema and the O.T.O., sort of a watered-down, science-fictionized version of those things, though I don't think he ever actually admitted it.

I think South Park did the best take on Scientology, and, juvenile though they may be, Matt Stone and Trey Parker told anyone all they need to know about it in that episode. :)

The assumption of god-forms is an interesting experience, as are all magickal practices. It is not necessary to join a group like the Golden Dawn to practice Magick. There's enough literature on it for the solitary practitioner to glean the spirit from the letter without having to make oaths to organizations who only want your power for their egregor; but it is a lot of hard work, it can be dangerous (mostly to one's sanity), and one who goes in half-hearted and half-assed should be aware that the consequences could be dire.

Likewise, if one is serious about Magick, though this is not a hard and fast rule, one should be leary of mixing up their "Karma" (I put this in quotes because I use the term loosely and generally disapprove of it, but know no other term for it) with others -- i.e., love, marriage, kids, general participation in society outside of magickal circles. Like I said, it's not a hard and fast rule; but a divided Will is a weakened will.

I explored both but chose to put aside the magickal path to pursue a "real" life. Hasn't worked out all that well for me, but I don't regret it. Best of luck with whatever path anyone chooses though. There are ways and ways, but no Way.