Ruby Tuesday's Veggie Burger

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by emehrkay, Jun 3, 2004.

1. emehrkay

emehrkay Member

Has anyone ever had one? What are they made of? They are the best burgers that I have ever had. They are big and thick, a lot like a meat burger. Sadly they stopped using the old burgers and moved on to regular garden burgers. anyone know anything aabout the old ones, how to make them etc?
    thanks

2. peacegal

peacegal Member

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like it may be a restaurant-grade Boca burger, which are bigger and thicker than those sold in stores.
    Restaurants still serving Boca burgers include Dennys and Garfields.

3. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

And Johnny Rockets, they have Boca burgers too...

4. terrapinchasin

terrapinchasin Member

they have like spionach and carrots in them and are so tasty. next time i go in i will ask for a brand name.

boca patties suck.

5. emehrkay

emehrkay Member

the new ones may be boca burgers, but the old ones were black and thick and tasted great! the taste was unique i never had a burger that tasted like that, very delicious. now because of the atkins craze, they got rid of those burgers. what a shame

6. puffy

puffy Member

The old burgers served by Ruby Tuesday were made by Veggieland. You can find their website through Google. They only sell them by the case and there is an order form on the website. The 5 oz. original burgers are the ones that RT used to serve. You can also get them in other sizes. I ordered a case of the 5 oz size, $45.00 for 36 burgers and about $20.00 for shipping, so about $2.00 per burger; a real bargain to me since they are without a doubt the best veggie burgers I have ever tasted and twice the size of the grocery store veggie burgers!

I got the name of the company from a Ruby Tuesday manager and the person at Veggieland confirmed that they were the same burgers. I also contacted the RT corporate offices to see what the story was. According to them, they test marketed the new burgers in several areas and they were well received, however, they have had numerous complaints about them and will be switching back to something "similar" to the old ones. It will happen when they reprint their menus in late summer. Why they are not going back to the very same original burger makes no sense to me, but I feel like they have done me a favor since I can now have the original burger anytime for a lot less.

Also, the original burgers are vegan.

7. Glower Child

Glower Child Member

Those were nasty- as stated, they did taste like carrots.