Roseanne

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 4, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Remember when she dressed as Hitler taking a "group of cookies" out of an oven? The national anthem as sung by her? She's just ridiculous.

I don't believe for a second that she said that---its a rusky or Brietbart or some other trump sucker.

Kerri likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hubby said Fox picked up the show.

3. scratcho

I don't doubt that-- but like our stable genius said--"we'll see."

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ambien lol

Lynnbrown likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

How can the network that has kept Family Guy on for 20 years champion someone like Rosanne?

I don't see Fox shooting themselves in the foot like this. Her comment was blatantly racist. No matter what side of the political spectrum you fall, any decent person can see that. They're not going to want to be affiliated with her.

Joboo6 likes this.
  6. scratcho

I don't know---they obviously have no shame, so it stands to reason. What "they"could do is fire Roseanne and continue the show. ( I wouldn't watch it either way--can't stand that laugh track)

7. Aerianne

I don't know.

He may have repeated something without verifying it.

I see a satire spot about it...

8. Aerianne

My neighbor does crazy stuff on Ambien.

She drives to the grocery store, sits in the parking lot, rescued by hubby, doesn't even know she did it.

I've read her facebook ambien posts, lol

9. scratcho

Her excuse may depend on blaming some drug--but that thought came from her mind---so no---you're a racist pig like your hero Trump---Just own it.

Lynnbrown and ZenKarma like this.
  10. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Valerie Jarrett responded to it all with a super classy response.

Good for you, Valerie!

I honestly don’t care what Roseanne thinks, but ...it goes to show that racism is alive and well, and shows itself in all kinds of random ways, even in the celeb world.

Lynnbrown, scratcho and Noserider like this.
  11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

What I don't get about these celeb tweets is, do they really think they're going to get away with this? She's not the first to lose her show and ruin her career over stupid social media stunts.

When will these people realize they are not untouchable?

scratcho likes this.
  12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I think some are honestly arrogant enough to think they can get away with anything - look at Harvey Weinstein.

Maybe society puts these people on pedestals too much, Idk.

redshoes likes this.
  13. Aerianne

When we she realize nobody likes her? lol

She's trying to be someone people relate to?

I related to her when my kids were small and she said, "If the kids are alive when my husband gets home from work, I've done my job."

That was 30 years ago, Roseanne.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

The left can call people monkeys and its just fine..

15. I think that it's racist to think that it's racist. People call people apes all the time. I've been called an ape before. The person who got called an ape was probably just like, "Oh, what a mean thing to say to me," but then everybody went on about how it's about appearances and now she probably really thinks she looks like an ape.

16. scratcho

You black? If not----------

17. scratcho

Society is going through changes on a variety of levels-----as the Dude would say "new shit has come to light,man."

Noserider likes this.
  18. Aerianne

Sometimes I don't understand the thinking that black people corner the market on the "ape" statement.

If people think black people are like apes then what are white people compared with? What about Asians and Latinos?

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Plenty of white people can be apes and gorilla's too. In my country a big tall person can be called a gorilla as a tease. You know, because he's not really a gorilla at all.

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The show being cancelled so fast makes me think she did not have good ratings. Why else would they abandon a "conservative" show in a age where conservatives are 100% fine with racism and jokes about Muslims? They would not.

But this show quickly established itself as anti-establishment. The best thing to do for its small audience is spin the show being caught up in PC culture. If you admit there is not enough viewers you loose those viewers in the future. So you stroke their ego and say "no no there is lots of you it's just that she can't call her an ape".

Money is more important than any morals to a network. But the money did not come. The gimmocj has no future. You pissed off people but where do you go now?

If they saw profit in the future they would let this blow over especially with re-run summer here. No one remembers by September.