Roseanne

Discussion in 'TV Comedies and Sitcoms' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 4, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Say ****** at your job and see how it works out. You don't have freedom of speech at work. You have to be what they want you to be or you get no paycheck. That is what is happening in the NFL and right wingers love that. You are not allowed to make that statement if you want to work for us. Trump has said they should be fired too if I am not mistaken. So he is suggesting the same social policing I am.

2. storch

storch banned

Oh, I didn't know that she was at work when she what she said.

EDIT: I just learned that she wasn't at her place of employment. She was at home and it was the middle of the night.

3. storch

storch banned

Oh, I wasn't aware that this was just one of a list of grievances that ABC had against her. What was her last infraction?

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I love Roseanne. Always have,hilarious. I grew up watching the show but didn't have a chance to catch the new one.

I also did side by side pic comparison of planet of the apes and Vj..have to agree with Barr on this.
    PS Johnny Galecki is a hearthrob..

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

She's a public figure. ABC has every right to choose not to be associated with her

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My point was Barr has always been controversial and ABC decided they didn't want anything to do with her.

But ABC has had a tough time with her in the past.
    ABC producer Marcy Carsey said that during her first show she "didn't understand how you behave, and what your job is as a professional on a set. So she was difficult to work with."
    ABC producer Jeff Harris took out a full page ad after leaving the show because of Barr.
    [​IMG]
    Writer's complained about getting numbered shirts from her so she didn't have to learn their names, making them feel disposable.
    In 1993 on the Tonight Show she threatened to leave ABC and go to a rival network.
    ABC president Ted Harbert had to go to her house multiple times to identify what her problem was and attempt to fix it while she sat in bed.

Some of her controversial stuff:
    The National Anthem, 1990.
    She claimed to be an incest survivor then said it wasn't true, she was just on drugs when she made the statement.
    The infamous Hitler photo.
    Her George Zimmerman tweet and threat.
    Her support of the stupid Pizzagate, Spygate, and Seth Rich conspiracy and bullshit.
    She claimed George Soros, a Holocaust survivor, was a Nazi.
    She claimed Susan Rice (who is black) was “a man with big swinging ape balls”.
    She said Chelsea Clinton was married to a nephew of George Soros.
    She claimed George Soros wanted to overthrow the “constitutional republic".
    She claimed Trump “freed so many children held in bondage to pimps all over this word. Hundreds each month.” Of course the pimps were satanic child sex ring Democrats.
    She called Huma Abedin a Jew hater and a filthy Nazi whore.
    She claimed Obama and Clinton have killed more people than anyone in U.S. history.
    She accused David Hogg, a Parkland, Florida school shooting survivor of giving a Nazi salute.
    She called all Islam a Rape Pedro Culture...whatever that is.
    She called for the nuking of University of California, Davis.

7. storch

storch banned

That's true. ABC has a right to cancel any show at any time, so they’re exercising their right to cancel the show. But it's probably going to cost them since the other members of the cast on the series weren't involved in her tweet, and they'll be due the money they were promised for the second season.

8. storch

storch banned

Wow! Most of those are way worse than her tweet-thing. You'd think that the executives at ABC would have thought twice about employing her, huh? It's like they knew what they were getting, but went ahead and got it anyway. What do you suppose motivated those executives to hire someone like that?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  9. MeAgain

Is that a rhetorical question?

10. storch

storch banned

Only if you don't answer it.

11. MeAgain

I imagine ABC thought they could control Barr and make some money in the meantime. Maybe they thought she had mellowed.
    But they soon found out they were wrong, so they figured the money wasn't worth the stain on their reputation and they got rid of her.

So what's your point?
    ABC should have been able to see into the future and never make a hiring or casting mistake?
    ABC should be omnipotent?

12. storch

storch banned

Well, it took you--someone not invested in the liability that Roseanne posed--no time at all to come up with a list of reasons not to hire her. Did you think that they weren't aware of all the things you've listed? Now that was a rhetorical question.

In fact, I've lost all respect for the executives at ABC who would hire someone they knew was reprehensible. What the hell were they thinking about? That was a rhetorical question, too.

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Implicit Racial Bias

Haven't you attended the anti-bias psycho-conditioning class ? Then activists will be justified
    to harass you until you profess your sin and submit . There is no scientific proof of innocence .
    No class available ? Oh , no !

14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

LOL. I like tikoo. :).

15. storch

storch banned

Yeah, I like him, too.

Joke alert: Now that I think about it, ABC is guilty of discrimination against a racist. And the way I see it, two wrongs don't make a right.

16. storch

storch banned

Yes I have. And until I did, I had no idea just how evil and unbalanced I was. But I'm better now. Hang the bitch! Or better to make an example of her. Why pass up a learning moment? She should be publicly impaled, skinned, salted, and burned. Okay, maybe the salting is going a bit too far. After all, after the skinning, the salting would be so painful that it would take away from the pain of the burning.

Also, we might want to reconsider the impaling because a person doesn't live very long after an impaling (at least that's been my experience), and there might not be enough time left for a decent skinning, salting, and burning before they expire.

I've got it! First you skin her, then you salt her, and THEN you impale her, and just when it looks like she's got about fifteen minutes of life left in her (a doctor could serve in that capacity), you burn her.

But then again, there's the "let he who is without sin cast the first stone--or in this case, the first impaling shaft"--thing. So I guess that settles it; somebody go get Jesus so we can kick this thing off right.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hehehe I'm starting to regain my faith...

There needs to be a name for that kind of harassment. It's too late; I can't think of a good one.

18. MeAgain

Really, I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

Rosanne made ABC a lot of money. ABC is a for profit enterprise.
    They wanted to make more money.
    They thought Roseanne would make money for them again.
    They thought they could handle Roseanne's behavior without getting involved in a scandal.
    They were wrong.
    They fired her.

Why would you loose respect for executives who realized they made a mistake and then corrected it?
    You never make mistakes?

19. MeAgain

Yeah, I get it. If you call out racism you're a racist.
    Very profound.

20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Was something racist? What was racist again? I can't remember. When Roseanne, a 65 year old mentally disturbed person, compared someone she didn't know was part black to an ape?

Wouldn't it be funny if we found out that George Bush was 1/8th black and we had to shun and fire everyone that compared him to a monkey. "Sorry turns out he was part black so you're a racist now! Only blacks can make fun of blacks. That's the rules".