ropeless romantic needs advice

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by boynamedsue, Jan 17, 2005.

1. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

this is probably more of a rant, but i need it, im balling right now as i write this.
    i've been travellin around for the past couple years, and ive recently moved back to my hometown to heal cuz me and my boyfriend split.
    its so hard. like the hardest thing ive ever done. i hate it, i believe in love and soulmates, i mean i know its not supposed to be perfect, but i dont even know if its real anymore. i dunno, i guess i just need reassurance, or advice , or a slap in the face, cuz its been almost 3 months, and instead of better, im getting kinda bitter. anyway, if anyone can say anything, id super appreciate it.

2. browneydgrl

browneydgrl Member

breakups are terrible, there's really not much anyone can say to make you feel better until you are ready to feel better. But i believe (and didnt used to until certain events changed my outlook) that every experience is a good one. Things may be bad now, but the way you change and grow and learn from this will help you as a person.

And who knows, maybe you'll meet your soulmate tomorrow...someone you may not have even ever met if you were still with your ex.

3. see in blonde

see in blonde Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah I had a breakup experience myself that was very hard to get over, so I know how you feel. It will slowly become something of the past, and have no effect on your emotions trust me. The fact that you are hurting shows that you are a caring person, so just think about how you will find someone in the future who is equally as caring.

4. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

breaking up is hard...it seems like a never ending pain...but it isn't. I know this might sound a bit cliche, but time heals. My ex bofriend broke up with me in august and now i'm doing fine. I havent seen him all this time, which helped a lot!
    but how can i keep loving someone who deserted me? who told me he needed time and then i realised he would never call again? I dont have any respect for that sort of person. so i've moved on and i'm happy on my own now, doing things i always wanted to do.

anyway, i'm just rambling on now. What i'm trying to say is, just hang in there, cos even though you might have lost someone really special to you, something good will come out of the whole thing. believe me, been there many many times.

good luck! ;)

5. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

its so weird ay, it even hurts to get over someone. maybe i need to take some certain pictures off 'someones' walls. were still talking on the email most everyday, and its dying really slowly, which hurts way more. i've like, closed my life of to anyone new because im thinking about him. i probably should, but it feels wrong to think about someone else. i dunno if theres one person for everyone. maybe you can love more than once, but maybe theres only that one love that can do this to you. too many maybes. god i suck at love.
    anyway, thank you guys so soo much for the advice, it never fails.