Ron Paul on "Real Time" with Bill Maher this Friday (5-25-07), 11 PM EST

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pressed_Rat, May 24, 2007.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

He will be on with Maher, in studio, for the entire hour. The show airs on HBO.

2. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

All of a sudden the price of cable is worth while! Too bad I don't subscribe.

Maybe it will show up on youtube, or on Ron Paul's own site. :)

Ron Paul is gonna win!!! :)

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yeah, I don't have cable either. I am going to watch it at my mom and dad's house.

4. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I will definitely be tuning in. ...Funny I don't have cable either, I'll be watching it at a friend's.

5. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I don't have cable either. anyone care to give a short synopsis on the 26th?

6. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

7. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

He was basically defending his remarks at the south carolina debate. And critisizing rudy gullianis remrks at him he wasnt on there that long

8. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Yeah like rebelfight said, he wasn't on there that long at all. A chunk of the program was wasted on Michael Moore plugging his new movie via satellite, and then Ben Affleck and P.J. O'Rourke trying to one-up each other. Paul was on for maybe 8 minutes? He basically emphasized the point that we need to avoid getting entangled in other countries' affairs because it just keeps biting us in the ass years later (we trained bin Laden, funded Hussein, etc), and instead we need to work on strengthening our civil liberties on our home soil. And he didn't back down about what he said to Giuliani. That's pretty much it, they really barely scratched the surface unfortunately.

However, Paul got a ton of applause and audience members even chanting his name. After he left, Maher asked O'Rourke and Affleck who they thought would win the Republican presidential bid, and while Affleck started to comment that he thought Romney was going to get it, the audience members interrupted him, chanting Ron Paul's name. Bill Maher exclaimed that he had never gotten such a reaction out of his audience, especially for a Republican.