rolling joints

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NOmoreBUSH, May 26, 2004.

1. NOmoreBUSH

NOmoreBUSH Member

How do people on here roll joints? i've seen many methods from the rolling papers to inside out joints. How do you roll yours.

I roll mine the european L style. I glue two papers together in an L and roll it into a fatty cone-shaped joint. I also put like a half inch cardboard filter in the tip so it smokes really nice.

2. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I take a paper from the orange zig zag pack and I pour some herb onto the crease. I then carefully take it so it is resting between my pointer fingers and thumb. I kind of pinch them together and roll upwards. I use my thumb while I do that to kind of move back and forth to make sure it's a tight secure roll. If you gently pull your hands apart while rolling it keeps the paper tight. Then I lick the glue part and seal it up. Once that's done I admire it and decide which end I want to light or smoke. Then I light that bi-otch up and smoke her ass!

3. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

I roll my cigarettes and spliffs the European way; in a cone shape.

4. Velouria

Velouria Member

I use two Zig Zags stuck together, twist the ends to make a pouch, put in the weed, then roll seal and smoke.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

i roll them like you roll cigarettes...but sometimes i'll put a rolled up carboard roach in the end first so i can smoke it all without burning my fingers

6. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Like riding a bike!

7. marquee

marquee Member

i make a filter, put the filter in one corner of the zig-zag and roll it up. then i pack all the weed in there. I know, it's lame and takes like a minute longer but i get a nice joint each time.

8. emublazin

emublazin Member

i use the cardboard filter too , i used the hemp papers that look like cigs

9. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

I cheat. I roll a paper around a pen with the same circumfrence I want my J to have, and tie the end. Then I pack shake into it, and pinch the end shut.

It's sort of like the way they do it on that Overgrow thing.

10. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

i use a water bottle bong, and i never have learned to roll yet...and i've smoked for 4 years

11. ericf

ericf Member

You should learn to roll a joint. I think it is a skill all smokers should have eventually. There is something about breaking up the material, working it with your hands, rolling it up, and making it pefect. When you are done you almost don't need to smoke it... the success alone is good enough. You can just look at that perfect joint and smile. It also makes you invaluable with friends. If no one has a piece (or they have a kind-bud only piece) and you have some papers... then you are the star.

I love rolling joints, usually little tiny ones for one person. I have learned to roll different shapes and sizes but the little small ones are my favorite. I joined a brotherhood in college that required all the pledges to be able to roll a joint and juggle -- two skills that are vital if you ever go on a road trip to keep yourself entertained.

12. Tykn130

Tykn130 Member

YAh if your a skill joint roller you can roll a joint in like 10 second. But i am but i have something better. Buy a joint roller and it can roll a joint in 10 second and it works great. Hey atleast use something to roll a tight good ass joint.

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Well, i never understood the explinations on the web. I do this technique, maybe this is waht theyre saying to do, i dunno, but it works for me.

i get the paper and cardboard roach, set them up. then sprinkle in the weed and tobacco (plain weed in joints is harsh.. especially close to the roach...). theen, i fold it up like so:

| |
    | |
    \#/
    \/
    then slide it so its like this

|
    |
    |
    \#/
    \/

(# = weed, this is a cross section looking down the joint)
    then jsut fold it over.

i dont lick the paper on teh inside, caus that sometiems ends in me spilling or mis-shaping teh joint. i close it up, then lick it on teh outside. the saliva sticks all teh paper together. it works even when theres no glue lol. then let it dry of course.

sometimes i do extra wrapping.
    but yeah.

this technique stuffed up a little when i tried rolling a double-joint (i stuck two papers togther horizontally, to amke a longer paper), and i had to put ltos of extra paper. ive yet to smoke it, it is sure to be.. papery..

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

fark teh diagrams fucked up... but u still get the general idea.

15. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

King-size papers, any size cone. Lately i've gotten into rolling really thin cones, just barely closing, they smoke like mofos... but i think i have the cone-rolling technique down... been rollin cones for almost five years now, my boys in cairo can do it much better though, they smoke a lot more than i do now that i'm in moscow.... ahh well, i drink like a camel.

16. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I can't roll a joint for shit (and I've smoked for a few years), always comes out too loose and lumpy. Packing a bowl's just way easier, and saves pot.

17. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

i use one paper put some in the crease roll it using my forfinger and thumb. sometimes have a paperboard filter.
    mine arent tight and stuff
    but they smoke alright

18. insomniac

insomniac Guest

I usually have two different methods for rolling joints, for personal use I just use mull the way you'd usually roll a cigarette, using a cardboard filter. For a group (or on my own if I want to get really wasted) I get three regular cigarette papers, glue one to the non-glue end of another, and then the last one glued onto the others perpendicularly (sp?)

I rip the bottom half of the bottom paper off so its now so papery, and add a cardboard filter to hold onto. For bigger filters I rip the cardboard from the middle of one long side to the middle of a short side, so when it rolls up one end is tight to stop anything falling through, and the other end is looser. I also usually stick in a bit of plain tobacco between the mull and the filter.

When i can't be bothered rolling joints I usually just use a pipe but personally, I think joints are the best way to smoke grass. ericf, I agree completely about the joys of creating a "perfect joint", it adds a completely different dimension to getting baked than just packing bowls...although, constructing MacGuyver bongs has its own fun ;)

The best joints I ever rolled was at a party I went to at some mates place...the first one I made I was pretty proud of, but as the night went on my joints kept getting closer and closer to perfection.....either that or we were so stoned we couldn't tell how dodgy they really were :p

19. EasyRider

EasyRider Member

It must take for ever to roll the joint and then put the weed in, why not just roll the joint around the weed. Once you can roll your own spliffs then you'll be doing it for aslong as your a stoner.