Roll call... Colorado

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by drumminmama, May 23, 2004.

1. people_lovr

people_lovr Member

Hey DrumminMama,
    Long time no talk.
    I got all excited for a minute. I was gonna try and make that show. But i just remembered I got tickets back home for the holidays. I leave on the 17th. :(
    I'll be back here for New Years though. I think we may have a party. I'll let ya know. Michigan Mike may book a band or something??? in our basement.
    We'll see i guess.
    Hope everything is well. I haven't been on hipforums in so long. Nothin much changed, i guess.
    Miss ya's!
    ~peace
    fellow coloradan

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

well, when ya live in PartyTown Colorado.... ;)
    keep me posted.

3. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

i live/work at keystone. anyone who's comin to ski, lemme know : )

4. margar314

margar314 Member

hey my friend and i are in school in louisiana but we want to hang out in colorado for at least the summer...possibly all of next year. we need advice on everything...where to live, jobs, and so on. if anyone has any advice we would be greatful. send a personal message if you want...thanks

5. drumminmama

depends on what you want to do.
    Music? stick close to the front range (that's the Colo Springs-Ft Collins strip along the mountains. Denver, Ft C and CS are all plains towns really close to foothills.
    scenery? tons O national forests that you can camp in. You have to move every 28 days or so. I'll double check the length.... have an emergency radio for fires/storms
    want to transfer? pick yer college and find roomies. Lots of roomies.

6. margar314

margar314 Member

thanks for the adivce...well probably stay where the music scene is as long as we can find jobs and a place to stay

7. MountainGirlie

MountainGirlie Member

I live in Boulder but have a bunch of mountain bum friends in Breck

I'll definitely be there at some point this year

And definitely are too many Californians/Texans in Colorado, or Boulder at least...nice joke

8. drumminmama

Simple twist fate is looking for us so I thought I'd post and get Colorado where it belongs---on top!
    Is anyone here associated with Colorado Fire Tribe?
    I met a member and was invited to conme learn fire safety.

9. drumminmama

Happy New Years, Centennial Staters and friends!
    We brought it in Righteous in Mile High and People's Republic with some smoking bluegrass on both fronts.
    I will be in teh People's Republic weekend after next Jan 15/16 to get tea at Celestial Seasonings and generally get off the Platte River.
    Anyone want to hang/ meet up?

10. drumminmama

At peoplelovr's request:
    Kannal:
    Jan. 14 Fox /Boulder some all ages
    JAn. 15
    opening for Spearhead at the Fillmore and a late night at Cervantes'.

11. simpletwistfate

simpletwistfate Member

Anyone want to chill with a 20 year old female? I play guitar,sing and write music. I listen to anything from punk rock to jazz. My biggest inspiration as a musician is Bob Dylan. I like to shoot pool, go to concerts, and hike. I live in westminister. you can message me here or on yahoo..my sn is scarletintoblue...

Peace out,
    Anna

12. lenamarina

lenamarina LaLa

Hey Hey Hey!

I'm here! We moved to Denver in March 2004 from my beloved Hawaii. I like it, but the city is super crowded and there is so much bad energy around here, where I live. Not to bring you down, but I have to tell you a little about it. Before we got our vehichle, we were bussin' it, and I've seen so many fights break out on those things! Then we got wheels, and that was good until two days ago, when our hunk-of-junk car got stolen from right in front of our apartment! Don't know how far they got cause the thing needs TLC from it's loving owners. Hopefully they find it in the same condition it was before our karma caught up to us. We really want to move into Golden, Longmont, or Laffayette.......where I believe it will be a little more our speed. Our lease is up end of Feb. and we're looking to rent, so if anyone has any suggestions or knows a good place that's available, let me know.

In general, Colorado is a great place! I love the mountains! I grew up in Reno, NV...so I feel like I'm back home here in the rockies. We are planning on going to the Burn(Paonia) in July, too, so maybe I'll see ya there!

Much Peace!

Lena

13. lenamarina

lenamarina LaLa

Oh yeah, forgot, if you have kiddos, and want to join a playgroup/momsgroup for us colorado mommas, you can go to groups.yahoo.com/group/my-co-moms

It's free and friendly open-minded mommies are welcome!

Lena

14. drumminmama

did you see the article in the...Rocky?... about the mom who runs kidsplaydates.com?
    a paid kiddy dating service!

Denver is one of those places where its fine in one block and the barrio in the next.
    Littleton is like that, too. I'm in barrio land, but it's better than rich Littleton.
    Tribe.net (invite at bottom) has housing networking.

Anna, where do you like to see shows?
    I'll be at Kimock at the Gothic (englewood)

15. alyssaYEM

alyssaYEM Member

I am possibly moving to Denver very soon. I need a place to live and cant afford to get a place of my own right away. Is there anyone on here looking for a roomate?
    I am a 21 year old female, not a clean freak but not real messy, does smoke weed.
    Anyone who could possibly help me out, please email me or IM me...
    Email= achestnutt@verizon.net
    AIM= iheartheadies

Thank you!

16. drumminmama

17. lenamarina

lenamarina LaLa

Drummin' Ma,

I ABSOLUTELY know what you're sayin'! I live on the edge of Cherry Creek and Glendale, in apartment city next to Virginia Village. It's like that here! One block is super nice, and the next is a crackhouse!

It's a hit and miss situation and I guess we got kind of lucky to get into a livable place. Considering, we found this place through the internet from Hawaii, and had no one to check it out for us. Just kind of took a chance.

Thanks for the tip on Tribe. I've been there and will use it when we are ready to go. I'm not into the *paid* services on findin' other mommas and kiddos. Would rather leave it to chance than have to spend my limited amount of funds. My mom's group has taken off, though. It's goin' good and I've found some hip moms like myself.

We went to Highhorse(Highlands) Ranch yesterday to check out the mall. I had a gift card for JC Penny's. Man! What's up with all the rude plastic people over there? I'm not going back to that place. What a meca of bad vibes!

Lena

18. drumminmama

HA! I'm the Highlands Ranch government/general assignment reporter for the Highlands Ranch Herald!
    Yes they can be... uppity. I also covered Lone Tree (which is probably the mall....Park Meadows? They are so uptight that they won't say mall--they say shopping resort..oh please)
    I do go. It's unincorporated and Whole Foods is there. lower taxes on my shampoo. three percent adds up month after month.
    A friend of mine live in the same apartment sonce upon a time. She was a 911 dispatcher and helped me peg an Ok place.

19. drumminmama

hey, I know we are the lucky bastards who get good shows year round, but where are my Rocky Mountain High Peeps?
    Anyone been out enjoying that mini-spring this weekend?

20. rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's been beautiful, gotta love that crazy Denver weather, npw snow for 3 days. LOL