Rogue One. A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by pensfan13, Dec 17, 2016.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

What did this remake? It was just what happened leading up to the original movie.

Best you are gonna get with new stuff is when han solo comes out. In a couple years. If you want completely new. Well that won't happen for a minimum of 5 years. Probly longer than that.

Want a new space opera you best ask google or Netflix for suggestions.

3 people like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What didn't they remake?

They used the same 40 year old idea and concept.
    They used the same gimicky droid presence
    They needed a villain, they used Darth Vader
    They needed a weapon, they used the same Death Star
    They could barley even come up with new characters. Using the same droids if even a snippet, same space machines. Same land machines. A token "blind" Jedi.

Lol.

The only thing that was completely different was a lack of script going towards the top to open the movie. And I bet they did that on purpose because they needed something different.

1 person likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[SIZE=11pt]Well If history is any indication many Bothans will die [/SIZE]

Hotwater

4. John1234567

John1234567 Members

Me thinks sith he is

5. hotwater

Good but not great

The new refreshing characters had to take a backseat to the old tired ones

Hotwater

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I found that vibe too. I just couldn't get into them. Only the dorky reprogrammed robot made me snicker a few times but I thought he was too bulky and ugly looking to mean anything more than what he was to me.

At the end where she had to go and re-configure the satellite dish lol that was so like a Medal of Honor computer game quest. :D "reconfigure the dish to send a message" straight outta MoH dood.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hate to admit it, but uhuh

Not that I expected a great deal, doesnt really count sort of anyway

Was a good movie, looked great, but errrrr yeah, too much of yeah nothing really different

8. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I want to see this in 3D just for the scene where the death star eclipses the moon, or the sun or whatever celestial object it is. What even are the chances of that happening during the making?

Also, the illusion of 3-dimensional proximity to Felicity Jones was the other reason.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That was the second death star.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Well it wouldn't exactly make sense if xissor was chasing the plans for the death star and 2 hours later Vader shows up above tatooine to steal them back.
    Vader had all of less than a minute of screen time. He wasn't really the bad guy in this one.
    Maybe you just don't realize these are the events that lead up to a new hope.
    Jyn erso is the main character (completely new)
    Her parents (completely new)
    The blind guy and sidekick (completely new)
    The captain on the rogue one ship and the pilot (completely new)
    Forrest Whittakers character never seen in a movie before.
    As for the death star. All the other ones with a death star was about blowing it up. None of them were about stealing plans.
    Oh BTW orson krennic the actual bad guy (completely new)

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, but it was all kind of what's the point.

And I'm a massive star wars fan

If they are going to make a stand alone movie, and there are a few more to come. I would have preferred the back story of one of the new characters in the main storyline, Force Awakens.

Like Poe, Oscar Isaacs would have been able to hold his own movie

Or Captain Phasma, have the back story about the stormtrooper that looks like a giant walking silver dildo, forget her name, but the actress that plays her also could hold her own movie.

And I would have actually given a damn

Or why not just a Darth Vader movie for crying out loud?

100 better ideas than this

It was a good movie, but I didn't give a shit about any of the characters, it was weird

1 person likes this.
  12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

If they stick to 1 movie a year after the third trilogy is over there will be plenty of other characters back stories to cover.
    I am just gonna take a wild guess but
    Disney most likely is thinking mix old and new characters to appeal to old and new fans.
    I was just talking about how what I really would like to see is the formation of the sith. I am sure that will come but not for a while.
    As for a back story about a TFA character? Who do you think will sell more tickets? Han solo or rey?
    But after fans see Rey in three main storyline films and young fans grow up seeing her...then a stand alone film will sell tickets.

Yeah we all want certain films but money trumps what we want.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah. So yeah. I know exactly what the movie is leading up to. I don't need a history lesson I've just come in with my own opinion. I documented that I went I without knowing what it was about to the realization that I knew what it was about as I was watching it. I just didn't want to see it. I mean title of the movie expands into "a Star Wars story" but it wasn't even a stars wars story, it WAS Star Wars. A Star Wars story would have been same universe, different story but that's not what we got. We got the same old stuff, again. That's all I'm saying.

14. hotwater

You’re right it’s all so confusing with all these prequels, how about a nice sequentially based series [​IMG]

Hotwater

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

went to theatre tonight

i liked it..not bad but not spectacular

i especially liked the sarcastic droid

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Well except for the one offs they will...or SHOULD all be sequentially based now.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The droid was the best part. He gave a few lols. Telling on the girl for having a gun. Asking if he knew it wasn't him after she shot the other one. And the one where "sounds good to me" about him causing her to get shot.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Only thing i didn't like about the Droid was .... if they can have a Droid do what r2 units do and also do what that droid does...why didn't they make all r2 droids with legs and arms...and big as fuck. But I guess it was an afterthought at Lucasfilms.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

My biggest laugh in the movie.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i just figured r2d2 was designed as turret guy in those space fighters...never really thought about it