Roadtrip!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by charliewoodstock, Apr 8, 2007.

1. charliewoodstock

charliewoodstock Member

Yeah, I'm making a pilgrimage to San Francisco if anyone would like to come along.

Are there any spare rooms at Haight-Ashbury?

2. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

my brother and I are hopefully moving there next year...
    hope you have fun :)
    take pics for us all!

3. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Whooohooo!!!

Everybody come join us!! I know hip people you could stay with, and there's no room at my house, but I'd feed you! I love feeding people.

Check out the Red Victorian for a hotel...not free, but it's right on Haight and they have a Peace Cafe downstairs as well as themed rooms!

4. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I may have gone there four or five times, but I haven't seen it since at least 1994. Fisherman's wharf is a cool area to relax. A bit touristical though.

5. superusername

superusername Member

Im down for an insane road trip to San Fran im in IL pm me

6. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I hope you're not expecting to find there what I think you are expecting......it ain't that anymore!!! I love San Fran, dont get me wrong, but I just dont want you to have these romantic ideas that it's still the same as it was in the 60s. For instance, theres a friggin' GAP on Haight Street...........

....but it is a beautiful city, and I love it there

7. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I highly recommend taking a trip across the bridge to Berkely periodically, which is usually far behind in "progress", and very peacefully familiar..

When I stayed for long periods of time around the bay area, I would be back and forth from one to the other (Frisco -Berkley) and every time we arrived at either one, it seemed like arriving to a fresh place.

8. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

oo i wanna come to san fran with you. Anything to get outta Michigan. I'm dead serious. pm me or something, if you could come pick me up, i'd leave in a second. They'd never find me....

so again, if you think you could pick me up in Michigan, pm me. I'm serious, i'd come.

Peace&Love

9. sohip19

sohip19 Member

wow that sounds badass..i wanna go on a roadtrip soo bad and san fransisco sounds cool as shit..dont forget to wear flowers in your hair ;)

10. dodger988

dodger988 Member

I'm in.
    Miss Beatle, I'm thinking I'm gonna take a roadtrip out west this summer. I'm gonna be leaving from Chicago sometime around May 15th, Gonna hit Baja California and move up the coast with extended stops in Berkeley, San Fran, Portland and maybe Vancouver. PM me if your interested.

11. Miked

Miked Member

I was hoping to go on a road trip this summer. Need a van and stuff. Hopefully get enough mula. I want a bunch of random people to come. But dont have anything conretely planned yet.

12. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I wanna go on a road trip!! But I don't know anyone other here who likes that kinda thing!! Rubbish!!

13. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

I'd like to go with you, but remember that quote "no money, no honey"? well... it's the same... I have no money. Apart from that too, I'm from Spain, and the flights are very expensive...!!! Grrrrrrrrrr...

14. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

That's what I was thinking! Flights to America- may cost a little!!!! Oh well! Better get saving lol!

15. dodger988

dodger988 Member

If you want you can set something up with me. I'm in chicago so not that far away I assume.

16. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

That would be kickass beyond all belief. North Dakota is so boring.

17. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I am thinking of travelling over to America for a road trip this summer! Where would the best places be? And how on earth would I go about finding people??

I need a break from the UK and i need to see something different! So here comes the money saving!!!

Love and Peace

18. Miked

Miked Member

I gotta find a way to get some mulla, any ideas? I dont wanna work :p but if i get money ill take anyone willing

19. superusername

superusername Member

sell drugs or come up with a scam if you realy can't work got to survive some how miked

20. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

oh man, theres best places and good people scattered all over this country. my heart has always been with the west though. southern utah will blow your mind apart, (arches national park, or canyonlands, or zion), northern cali is a must (the redwoods), washington and oregon are beautiful as well.