roadhouse

Discussion in 'Movies' started by madcrappie, Jan 8, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

anyone remember this 80s film starring patrick swayze?? I just saw it again for the first time in a long time...... I cant believe how cheesy and how 80s that film is.... all the fighting is obviously choreographed.... and I cant believe how patrick swayze was such a stud in the 80s?? who knows......

that movie was full of mullets and cheesy lines......

but the soundtrack was at least half way decent, considering the jeff healy band did a bunch of covers of classic rock songs like white room and roadhouse blues to name a few......

the otis redding song was good though...... made me think about all the 80s movies with otis redding songs...... roadhouse, pretty in pink, heaven cant wait, and dirty dancing......

2. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I like Road House especially the scene where you get a peak at Patrick's ass.

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

There are like 15 or 20 Playboy centerfolds in that movie.

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

and a blind white boy singin the blues.......

5. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I like that movie; I remember when I was really small I was never aloud to watch

6. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Haha. In my High School yearbook I had Brad Wesley as my nickname. He was such a bad ass. That movie is the dank velveta - it is the best cheesy movie ever.

7. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

On a cheese scale, 'Roadhouse' wins the coveted Gorgonzola award in reminding us how embarrasing the '80's were. Scenes of particular worthy note include a semi-naked Patrick Swayze, oiled up and practising martial arts/Tai Chi by himself, whilst the bad guys spy on his muscles. And there I was thinking that most gangsters/villains/henchmen that have got it in for someone just go in and shoot them! Oh well, that goes to show! Even simple murderers have a heart and an appreciation for someone doing a kata in the middle of nowhere! You don't get movies like that any more! Halelujah.