Road trip anyone?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Beach Ball Lady Balls, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/this-tiny-pub-was-just-named-best-restaurant-in-the-world/ar-AAtoSiT

Next time I am over there I will make the trip to eat there. Hopefully my expectations are not too high.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'd rather eat frites from any roadside stall in a Parisian banlieue than have to sit at table with Englishmen.

3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Aren't you an Englishman? do you just hate yourself or are you just residing in a country you hate? Confused

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

The only problems I ever had to deal with from people were from Englishmen, both black and white. Most Englishmen are ignorant, uncouth and small-minded. English culture today has become banal and violent. Many of the Women are okay, but then I'm happier in the company of Women anyway. Yes, I would like to leave. I hate the politics, chavs, stinking alcoholics and hooray Henrys in equal measure. The cost of buying a house is astronomical, as is rented accommodation. Brexit will prove to be a big mistake and unmitigated disaster. Who wants to live in a country where young men regularly throw corrosive acid in random stranger's faces? I want to go to Spain or Greece, but with Brexit this may be nigh on possible in the near future.

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Have to agree with part one about englishmen. But to be fair, I don't think it's confined to the UK. Plenty of violent and abrasive morons in other european countries. Can't say about the rest of the world as I have only seen it on tv or interacted with it online, but I can't say I feel encouraged by what I have seen. But I guess we tend to look at the people around us in close proximity - and it's true that the grass often looks greener elsewhere.

Have to differ that english women are really any better overall than their male counterparts.

You may have already surmized that I'd also agree fully on the brexit issue.

6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I understand what you are saying. Greece has its share of problems too and I think for many there they are also feeling the effects of globalization and what it means for them.

I too prefer the company if the opposing gender, males for me thjough. Men are not so petty and catty. They are less drama filled too in my experience. Well look for a nice place you can afford in Spain perhaps? If I had a choice I would pick New Zealand or a nice old light house to live in and remodel, in a smaller city than I currently live in. Pipe dream, I will remain Canadian but a nice getaway place might be in order.

Maybe take a trip for 3 weeks, when you return you might find you are happy to be back home.

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

England is not the worst country in the world ! not even for our Food :chef:

1 person likes this.
  8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Desperation is the English way...

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way."
    We got all the best bands though !
    http://youtu.be/e8s4wkueY58

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

We had a lot of the best bands, but other countries do good music too. For example I like French pop, and let's face it, the States do the best rap, some of which I also like. Not much English rock does it for me these days. I like Wild Beasts. Radiohead are still good, but can't think of much else that moves me. I guess the kids know what's good, but I'm having trouble relating to the younger generation. Of course, when I finally get my album out, it'll be massive haha...Guitarists, hey; there's one on every corner.

1 person likes this.