Road Rage

Discussion in 'People' started by monkjr, Oct 1, 2013.

1. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

You guys see this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-driver_n_4016951.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

According to that youtube video, who was at fault for the accident?

Both the bikers and the car made mistakes once everyone got panicked and heard-mentality came in.

But all the bikers really had to do was get the SUV's license plate and file a lawsuit for any damages...they were wrong to go all vigilante on the guy.

2. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I dunno. The video shows only so much, there's still a lot that we don't see.

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

bikers were in the wrong. they surrounded the SUV and were acting like jackasses and not letting him go by. I didnt even click the link but i know what video it is. The suv driver was with his wife and child.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

bikers wrong

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I read that the guy who wa right infront of the SUV who was not letting him pass got a broken leg AND got arrested lol.

6. Logan 5

I'd have to agree. Even though I'm a biker, those bikers were in the wrong.

7. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

It was like a scene out of the movie ROAD WARRIOR. I heard on CNN this morning that one of the bikers was paralyzed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfElroIKO0"]ROAD RAGE: NY Bikers vs SUV Range Rover Cager assault Biker attack Cager in New York City Motorcycle - YouTube

8. Tom1

Tom1 Member

Id put the balme with the bikers too. From the clip that i have seen today of it the biker who got hit first had it coming to him he slowed right down right infront of that bloody big car... what did he think would happen?

The poor guy in the car was with his family. Having all those bikers around must have been really intimidating. I think if i was in the same situation i would have probably done the same as the driver of the car... panicked and tried to get my family out of there fast.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It was said that they have been doing crap like this on many weekends, scaring people around the city. If'n I was the police chief--I'd go on the boob tube and issue a warning. It would go like this= " If you bikers ride in the city and bother or harass anyone, you'll find yourselves riding over spike strips. If you ride peacefully, all will be well. This is the first and only warning."

10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Fuck those range rover guys
    Years ago one of them ran over a friends bike.

11. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Ever hear of the ACES & EIGHTS? That's the biker gang in pro wrestling that teaches these morons how gang up on little guys and beat the shit out of them. The U.S. is a depraved sick society.

Sick. This fuck probably would have thrown the two-year-old on the pavement and kicked it too.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

didn't someone here post a thread a while back about witnessing almost the exact same thing?

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Similar... I think that was a different type of bikers though.

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

The footage starts after the incident started, how can any of us rightly say who was initially wrong?
    But how could anyone say that the bikers' retaliation was right?

People with Range Rovers, and SUV drivers in general, usually drive like they're half-blind and have a pregnant woman in the back, though..

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

That was rainydayhype and as soon as I heard about this incident on the news today I thought about the thread she had made.

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

new species or something?

wow, you have an n of "1", someone years ago ran over someone you know's bike. Here's a video of several dozen people assaulting and terrorizing a young man, young woman, and a small child.

but no, totally. fuck "those range rover guys".

17. Logan 5

Karma. That's all I'm gonna say at this point.
    Karma.

18. morrow

morrow Visitor

Range rover drivers are the same the world over...chelsea tractors they are called here, usually driven by women...

I dont get those biker guys?...thats not true bikers rules....they are mobs..so they dont have guns, they have bikes!...this world is turning into mob rule...there is no justification for what they did, or why they did it...accidents happen all the time, is the trauma that family went through justified even if one motorcyclist broke a leg?...i think not!

19. Logan 5

I can't cay that I blame the Range Rover driver. Make & model of SUV aside, what would any of us do if in the very same exact situation?

Myself, first I'd pay close attention to three important factors-
    First and foremost is "Is my family safe?"
    Second is "Who is in front of me and how are they driving that may affect me and my family's safety & well-being?"
    And third, "Is there anyone or anything from the sides or rear that pose as a threat to me, my family and the vehicle we are in?"

And treat all potential threats accordingly. You can't sit and spend even 1/100th the time it takes to read this to think it out. You best think this out in 1/1,000th second, time-wise. You don't have time to debate this shit.

See the biker in front, see how he's sitting, see him slowing? You best react NOW. Slow down NOW. At this point who gives a damn about who's behind you and how are they riding, because he is the primary threat. And you MUST at the same time pay close attention to what's going on at the driver's side. Passenger side is not an issue because IF he is paying attention to how he's driving he'll see there is very little to nearly no room for a threat to pose on the passenger side.

And his wife and kids (if they are old enough) should be well aware enough about the threats one faces in the city to know that when you come upon a crisis like this, there is no screwing around. Identify the threats and report them to the co-driver.

Would that have prevented this situation from getting out of hand like it did? No. But I bet it'd put the driver in a far better position. It's called clean hands. Do only what you must to immediately defend yourself. And honestly, no matter how good of a fighter that you may be means anything here. Act scared and act out only on immediate threats.

20. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

as a motorcycle rider myself, and seeing this, i side with the motorcyclists. its terrifying the way people drive around motorcycles. since this has happened i've noticed cars respect us a little more, or at least leave us alone, which is all i really want. cars don't "see" motorcycles, and a lot of drivers act or think motorcycles don't have the same rights. and don't get me started on bicycles.... and when i ride my bicycle, it's motorcycles who are the most courteous.