Risotto

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by prankster1590, Feb 2, 2013.

1. prankster1590

prankster1590 Member

I don't get it. Why don't I get the wet creamy Risotto as in the restaurant.

This is what I do.

1/4 onion and 2 gloves of garlic. Fruit them in a big pan with Oil and butter. Than 150 grams of Risotto rice. Stir untill all rice is shiny of the butter. Than I add about 60 or 70 mL of dry white wine. When it's absorbed or evaporated I add about 400 to 500 mL of chicken broth. One soup spoon at a time. I finish it with cheese, salt, pepper and some italian herbs.

It's usually al dente but not creamy and wet. I've heard that I have to roast the rice for a couple of minutes in the oil. Something with the starch. And that it is possible that my pan is to hot. Also something with the starch and that I might boil off the water in the broth.

2. Fry the rice for a minute or two and then don't stop stirring until the rice is ready. Maybe you don't use enough stock. I always add butter and parmesan at the end. The butter really makes a difference.