ripped off twice, please answer my questions

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by redbarcheta, Dec 28, 2004.

1. redbarcheta

redbarcheta Member

Man I have some shitty luck.
    First of all, I am 15,and cant get a job, so money is always an issue with things. One night, me and a buddy both put down 45 to get a little over an ounce, of what were suppost to be some really potent cubensis, for a party. The night of the party my friend picked them up and couldnt refuse them because we gave the money to a middle man a week before that and he had gotten them for us. So he picked them up and we went to the party. He pulled out a little bag of wet mushrooms that were small and dark brown. These did not wiegh an ounce, nor worth anything in my opinion. Me my buddy decided to share with this other cool kid at the party. Nothing happened with those. So ended up getting relaly high. Still waiting for our money back...

So last night, we went to our usual, kind of sketchy middle man. We had gotten an ounce of dried, golden cap cubensis. We were charged 110 for these, where my friends pay 80 an O for very potent mushrooms. These mushrooms, were very large aboue 6 or seven inches long, and the stems were an inch wide, about 7 or eight of them. Some were open capped, some were closed. We, knowing not alot about the different characteristics and how different in potency they have, were amazed of these huge ass mushrooms. We both ate about half of the O, and didnt feel anything, and started to get pissed, so we ate the rest. After about 4 hours of not tripping we were convinced these mushrooms were bad. So I am thinking that when you let the mushrooms get freakishly big, they lose all of their potency, or at least 90%. When we ate them, they were really dry, drier than normal, and didnt taste as potent, or strong.

Could anyone please tell me what characteristics i should look for to make sure im getting the best? I can only get cubensis so limit your specifications to those please. And what not to buy, like gigantic mushrooms.

And how much do you all pay for an ounce?

Thank you very much, you information will help me to gain more knowldge about mushrooms, and hopefully not get ripped off again.

2. redbarcheta

redbarcheta Member

you could be right, but these tasted like magic mushrooms, and smell too. So i dont think they were shitakis

3. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

Iduno what kind of mushrooms you guys get but mine are magical and are $25-30 an 1/8 here ($200-$240 an ounce).

you might want to try not going back to the guy who ripped you off in the first place. man u coulda bought some spores and jars for 60$ and grown your own..

just dont buy unless its upfront and you get to see them first. can sometimes have blue-dark purple stains on it (bruising when picked). tastes crunchy and awful.

just dont buy those mario shrooms you'll grow twice your size

4. Jonas

Jonas Member

same here meatwagon, i get em for 25-35 eights and 200 is a good O price

5. Zeke

Zeke Member

Same here, go to a borders and buy a book about mushrooms so you will know better next time, stay away from shisty middle men.

6. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

Where do you live? In England, grow ur own kits thatn produce lots and LOTS of mushrooms cost about £30 from herbal high legal shops, stay away from middle men selling cubensis, they just pick up kits from shops. There not so hard to grow. Then theres no way you can get ripped. Just make sure you see the kit before you buy, mould grows and wipes the kits out so stay away from spotty kits.

7. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

Do I recognise you from Lewes college? or is it in my head?

8. MushroomHead637

MushroomHead637 Member

i dont know bout u guys but i usually get 1/8 for $20.00-$25.00 or $80.00-$125.00 An 8/8. to make sure your shrooms are real you should eat about 2.5 grams and if you don't feel the slightest thing i would go to the dealer and get your damn money Back ! :)

9. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Shitty luck about the shrooms man. I hate people who rip people off with psychs.

Anyway, Shitaki's taste like dried shrooms, so that is my guess as to what they were.

I dunno what to tell ya other than find a new dealer and cut out the middle man.

Peace and better luck next time

BTW-its about 20-25 and 1/8 and 120/o where I'm from, but prices are really variable

10. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

Just be sure to check for the blue bruising. For the ammount of money you guys have put out there you could be growing your own.

11. LostChord

LostChord Member

really that like the avg prices for a ounce??

i'm getting some hopefully today, but maybe not till the next day or two...
    usually like 30-35 an 8th around here.. and I was thinking of getting like an ounce.. but was thinking more around $200...

i've only done mushrooms a few times tho, and only once by themselves....but there doesnt seem to be any lsd around so I'll give these a shot..

12. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

all the mushies I've had (which are great) are light brownish with goldish chips on them and blue veins.

look on erowid.com or look up any kind of magic mushrooms on the net and browse through the pics.

Don't go back to that guy. He obviously won't hook you up. It's not worth throwing any more money away. Find another connection.

Poor lil' hottie.

13. Jonas

Jonas Member

hey man are you stupid? you obviously got ripped off when it was a small bag, then you ate them? why would you ever eat wet,brown mushrooms? sounds like the kind that you see in the woods or in your front yard. you gotta wise up about shrooms, dont' fuck around or you could wind up dead. its not like i'm saying, everyone be very very careful when youeat shrooms, cause if you know what cubes look like then you'll never have to think twice, but if you're clueless, you should really ask someone who knows about them and show them to the person before you eat a random mushroom. the asshole who ripped you off could have bought them at the grocery store, and you'd jsut be ripped off, or he could have gone outside and got some off the ground, and you'd be dead. you're lucky.