Rip To One Of Our Own

Discussion in 'People' started by r0llinstoned, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiderOnTheStorm2.0

RiderOnTheStorm2.0 Lizard Kween Lifetime Supporter

Doc, I wish I could have talked to you one last time. You were never too busy to lend a sympathetic ear when I was sad or crack a clever joke when we were just talking. Your life was a difficult one, but you never complained and you bore it all with grace, humility, and an inner strength I can only hope to find within myself one day. I am infinitely better for knowing you and I will miss you dearly. There will always be a place in my heart reserved just for the crazy Doc. I love you, man. Thanks for being a part of my life for the last 16 years. Rest in bliss, Bonzai.
    "Now a noble heart is breaking. Good night, sweet prince. May hosts of angels sing you to sleep."

mysticblu21 and Mallyboppa like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didnt spend much time in chat so didnt know him but to see the reactions here and to see old hipforums members I havent seen around in months or years come out of the woodwork to mourn alongside newer members whose lives he touched in such a short amount of time lets me know he must have been a really special person

My condolences to all who knew and cared for him

3. dman13

dman13 Members

So sorry to hear this. I'm fairly new here but remember Doc in the chat. This is a great tribute you guys are doing. Prayers to him and his family. God Bless

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

thx 4 sharing this w/ his chat family i know a few who plan 2 donate

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

In case I don't make it into chat on Saturday will you share this with everyone please?

7. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

u know i will hun <# take care of u

8. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Doc was one of the few people I had a personal greeting for in chat. I just remember a missed connection in Oakland. I'm sorry it didn't happen.

C/S,
    Rev J

mysticblu21 likes this.
  9. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

His dad was not in the video. The man you refer to is Frank, and he had worked with Brian and his dad for a long time. Brian really depended on Frank over the years to help with the business.

1 person likes this.
  10. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Brian and I grew very close over the past 7+ years. He was one of the few people on HF that I talked to on a regular basis off of Hip. We spent many nights talking about his plans when he finally got a transplant. We talked about who he was interested in, and when his heart was broken. There wasn't much I didn't know about him, or he about me. We were always there for each other, often during the very dark periods in our life that we had to endure. Thanks to Brian, I always knew I had a great friend to help me through the rough patches, and he knew I'd be there for him.

It is so unfair that he had just found out he'd been moved to the top of the transplant list, only to be gone by Monday. I cannot imagine how his mom Connie, or brother Alex are feeling right now. We all knew that Brian was living on borrowed time because most patients on dialysis don't make it past 10 years, and he'd be on it for 15. I would like to think his mom feels some comfort in the outpouring of love she has witnessed from Brians friends. I know, as a mother, that my child being so respected and loved would be a blessing.

11. lion1978

lion1978 The King

SAD

mysticblu21 likes this.
  12. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

I shared some of the posts on this thread with his family, so they could see how loved and respected he was. I didn't include names, just the kind words and outpouring on love.

13. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

thx eden i'm glad someone did

14. barefootboy1030

barefootboy1030 Member

What sad news this is.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thanks to Hip Chris, Doc has achieved Super Moderator status!

3 people like this.
  16. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

They have said thank you.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Noticed When I Checked His Profile He Only Had 4 Gold Stars......So I Upped It To 5...... :)

Cheers Glen.

5 people like this.
  18. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fesv7_fXvs

2 people like this.
  19. katkin

katkin Member

I'm not always regular on this forum, but doc, Brian, was the first person I got to know, and got to know me. I am truly sorry and heartbroken to hear this sad news. He was such a brave, inspiring, hardworking man, I will miss him.

20. raz5

raz5 زینب

i am here just to pay my condolences to drbonzai. .. it's always upsetting to hear about one of our old timers going..
    even though i've been scarce for years
    i love you guys <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.