Rip To One Of Our Own

Discussion in 'People' started by r0llinstoned, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I am at a loss for words.

Rubes---hugs

Lolli- thank you for spending me this link.

Brian was a special person in my life...helped me through a few things. We shared about our lives (on/off HF).

He will be missed.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm heartsick.

He was my first friend at Hip Forums.

I feel enraged at the injustice of him being taken when he'd finally made it to the top of the donor list.

Rest In Peace, Brian. You were one of the very best people that I have ever known.

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I really dont know what to say ! Yeah Yeah We are all nice guys , Doc was a special person !! ,A while ago when someone I enjoyed chatting to disappeared from the forum I asked him if he knew what happened to her ( she was old and quite frail ) He took the trouble to find and speak to her family to make sure she was alright
    Same when he was going through some personal stuff himself He Spoke to me ( and others ) individually to explain Why things happened the way they had , without laying any blame whatsoever on anyone
    Also had some Great Banter with the man
    He was a classy guy and I will miss him so much !

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't believe I knew this particular person, but I read the news story. That's horrible. Right as he was about to get a new kidney? Life can be cruel sometimes.

Based on the replies in this thread, it seems he was a genuine person and was well loved by many of you. My condolences to his "real" family and friends, but also to all of you. Sounds like you all have a lost a good friend.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sad news. Never got the chance to really know him. Then again I haven't spent a lot of time in chat.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

R.I.P. Such a tragic accident. Condolences to his family and friends.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

For Brian

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
    mysticblu21 likes this.
  8. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

2day loss is a vivid reminder of the message contained in this song

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm completely stunned. Doc was one of the first people I got to know on HF. Late one night I was having insomnia and went to the chat room. Doc was there shortly, with the same problem. We had a long talk and got to know one another and always hollered at each other in chat when we were both there. Often he'd come into the chatroom while undergoing dialysis. Life isn't fair.

RIP Doc, gonna miss you.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Wow. I have no words that haven't already been said. But, rest easy, man. :(

mysticblu21 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Not a great photo but a photo nonetheless of Brian and I

[​IMG]

12. morrow

morrow Visitor

That's a great memory G..

mysticblu21 likes this.
  13. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

cherish ur memories G

14. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

GB-awe that is great! I didn't know you guys meet each other!!! very cool!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah we met up a few times. I know his condition was pretty serious as we had in depth conversations about it online but I never got the impression of that letting him affect our interactions when we met in person. As others have mentioned, there's kind of a surreal feeling about all this, that that incident happens just as he was on the brink of potentially getting the proper treatment for the condition.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  16. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I signed onto HF for the first time in ages just because I heard the news today. Crazy crazy. I'm happy he isn't suffering and sick anymore but so sad how it all happened.

mysticblu21 and scratcho like this.
  17. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I knew Doc for many years, I will miss him dearly. He and I had kidney issues in common, his didn't work and mine were a quarry of painful gravel. I could have all the narcotics I wanted, but Doc suggested I stick with veggies. While I'm still an asshole, I'm not hooked on pain killers. He was SO right. And he was a lot of fun during the political debates. This might just be the trigger that brings George back.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  18. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I agree! He was always working...always had time to talk. He helped me through a few things; and I was there when he had some shit going on and needed to vent/talk.

mysticblu21 and Mallyboppa like this.
  19. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

RIP DR
    chat friend, internet buddy for 7 years, you graced everyone who came into your life. and through the darkest time you where still there laughing and joking. your memory and life will offer many inspiration and hope. i hope you have peace were ever you are now

mysticblu21 likes this.
  20. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

RIP, mate. Condolences to all who knew him. I can't pretend to have known him well, but from this thread it's clear that his is a life that touched many others, an example to try to follow.

mysticblu21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.