RIP Bush '41

Discussion in 'People' started by Okiefreak, Nov 30, 2018.

1. storch

storch banned

Too bad he didn't stand up to his own inclinations when it came to his decision to destroy Iraq's infrastructure which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of kids, eh?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. storch

storch banned

Well, I didn't make the claim concerning pedophilia. However, there's nothing ambiguous about what I've posted about him.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The Bush presidents may be complicit in completely screwing up the stability of Middle East

But on a personal level they're really quite a likeable family

Dubya's eulogy was really good

4. storch

storch banned

Specifically, on a personal level, it was war crimes that Bush 41 was complicit in.

GuerrillaLorax and WritersPanic like this.
  5. I'd roll that back to Carter and his mishandling of the Shah of Iran. This led directly to the hostages being taken and used to humiliate the US. Ultimately this portrayal led to the US being seen as a nation of wimps.

Then came Reagan talking tough. But when the Marine barracks in Beirut were blown up, Reagan pulled out of Lebanon with no retaliation, to invade a tiny Caribbean island known only to Med school washouts.

Perception is important. Carter started a snowball of people taking shots at the US. Saddam Hussein fired an Exocet at the USS Stark during Reagan's term. Saddam said it was a mistake, Reagan bought it.

Then we got 1-termer GHW Bush who was beaten up by the press and the democrats daily. Why? Because he deserved every minute of it. Funny to watch so any of them fawning over him now that he's worm chow. Is that the only time a republican can catch a break from the democrats? Death?

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm happy he gets a respectful funeral. He was a different type of Republican. One that only seems to exist in history books now.

Everyone is talking pedophilia and I think the evidence is more towered his ties with the CIA and the Kennedy assassination. But that just does not rile up the Alex Jones conspiracy people the same way I guess. You can prove he worked for the CIA. The pedo stuff is applied to anyone and everyone now. Pizza gate anyone?

7. storch

storch banned

No. No thanks. But I got a heapin' helpin' of some Iraq-gate for ya if ya wanna dig into that.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  8. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Another dead war criminal and mass murderer. That's a good thing.

storch likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

True, American foreign policy is pretty standard no matter the president and it's been pretty horrible since post WWII

Nudegardner and WritersPanic like this.
  10. GuerrillaLorax

Has American policy ever been not horrible?

Nudegardner likes this.
  11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Pretty much how I feel about Obama. We can thank him for the creation of ISIS. And then the resulting efforts and lives to go in again and defeat them.

But he was an honorable family man that loved his wife and kids like any good dad should.

12. American royalty. I'm pretty old fashioned when it comes to my American feelings about royalty. I can't believe people sit back and say, "What a lovely man. What a lovely family." They live in the lap of luxury while people suffer, sometimes at their own hand. Fuck that. They're horrible, selfish, self-centered people.

13. GuerrillaLorax

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I liked your OP for this statement. I couldn’t agree more.

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Hiring George Bush as Vice President was Reagan’s biggest mistake he ever made.

The Bush family is the epitome of everything wrong with the Republican Party.

The left:
    41: Bush is a warmonger
    43: W is a warmonger and literally Hitler!
    45: Why can’t Trump be more like Bush?

Orison likes this.
  16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Wow you really don't understand the world if you think Obama created ISIS.

The roots of fundamental Islam come from the Bush in the 1980's. He and the CIA encouraged (and armed) guerilla warfare against the Soviets. They told them Communism is bad since Islam is outlawed so they must fight. After the USSR fell this never went away.

I'm sure you saw what you wanted to 20 years latter when Obama was in office but like many world events it's not an overnight thing.

Okiefreak likes this.
  17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Electing Reagan President was the U.S.'s biggest mistake. Borrow and spend voodoo economics, spoon fed with a dollop of Hollywood corn.

Nudegardner and pineapple08 like this.
  18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Typical partisan revisionism from NMRN.. The backbone of ISIS came from Saddam's displaced Baathists and ex-Iraqi army vets. Under G.W. Bush, the U.S. disbanded the Iraqi army, making more than half a million armed and trained Iraqi troops unemployed overnight. They honed theit beliefs and skills in Camp Bucca prison. We then backed a Shia leader who oppressed enough Sunnis that ISIS would be welcomed or tolerated in Sunni areas of the country. Poor handling on G.W.'s part. ISI (Islamic State in Iraq) appeared in 2006 after the death of al-Quaeda's Zarqawi, while G.W. Bush was still president. The initial leader was al-Masri, but he was killed in 2011, and Baghdadi took over, leading the reinvigorated movement called ISIS.Here's how ISIS was really founded - CNN

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You are confusing ISIS with numerous other radical Muslim extremeist. The Al Qaeda were the product of the U.S. funded effort to defeat the Soviets headed by one Osama Bin Laden. ISIS were not even a possibility until the power vacuum left behind by Obama. Even the Al Qaeda found ISIS to be too radical even for them.

And not so oddly nobody on the left wants to recall why we went there in the first place. Iraq invaded Kuwait. Kuwait asked us to intervene. We did. Mistakes we're certainly made. But if we would have done nothing, the left would bitch about Bush not acting to save the poor repressed Kuwaiti's.

Nothing revised. We just choose to not omit important aspects of history.

Left up to the left, we'd do nothing but debate the invasion of Kuwait for 20 years. And oil would be about $400 a barrel by now. And you'd be bitching about that.

And the left fails to see that while Reagan did leave us with debt, you failed to point out that it was that debt that brought Russia to collapse. As well as provide us a thriving economy for about 15 years. You're welcome.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018