Riot videos - anticapitalist riots !!!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by ronald Macdonald, May 1, 2007.

1. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

Pep and MB
    u have proven yet again how narrow minded the both of u are.
    i'm not here to spout of some quotes or give u historical facts or try to educate those who don't care for it. if u want enlightenment, get it urself!
    i've suggested u read bakunin's work and now i suggest some chomsky as well.
    i'm not a "teen rebel" nor is anyone i know. we are people who have decided to live by a philosophy that enriches our souls on a humanitarian level.
    I, personally, joyfully watch the destruction of property owned by the fat walrus's. It makes me feel good, yes. I'm sure ur quite aware of the "pleas that have been ignored". YOU choose to ignore the reality of the situation come about. This thread is for posting riot vids, i did the best i could so far. My ideals have nothing to do with it nor do i care to defend them. You've been quite vocal on ur stand AGAINST it. I don't care to argue with the likes of u.
    When ur ready to throw away ur preconcieved notions of anyone who is different from u...i'll let u know where i personally stand and perhaps have a real conversation with u on a "mature" level. until then, read until ur eyes bleed. that's what i do to further my growth as a human being.

adieu

2. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I never said you were or are giving/doing ''some quotes or give u historical facts or try to educate those who don't care for it.''.
    I'm asking you to step away from all that bullshit and give your thoughts to the reality of the here and now - not some idealised bullshit that people spout based on very old rhetotic.

Again I never said you were.

fabulous

I appreciate we maybe in the wrong thread -
    To be honest i'm not after the usual "pleas that have been ignored".
    I'm after the reality of your ideas making it to the ''real world''.
    All the seperate issues like the E.U being di-selected not ejoying popular opinion - though dull have to be addressed.

I am throwing away my pre-concieved notions - i'm not argueing with you - just asking questions. You are very different from me - I don't know the language to make you appreciate I AM attempting a ''mature'' conversation with you - all you seem to be doing is avoiding a conversation.

STOP IT.

3. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

ok, i appreciate ur candid will.
    i can honestly tell u right now, i DON'T have all the answers. I sincerely wish i did. I can only speak of what I know and feel as an individual.

I live by "anarchist" ideals at the moment. I reject the system and most it "offers". Technology is NOT one of them. It's a prime product of the beauty of the evolved human mind.

Unlike most, i don't believe an anarchist state is sustainable. I believe humans need some sort of "order" in their lives. But when capitalism is defeated, we'll have the opportunity to build a greater civilization. One that is NOT based on greed or hate.
    At this very moment, there are two "types" of humans, the rich and the poor. I'm seeking to eliminate that division. Inequality has made humans a rather loathesome species, i must say. Can u honestly tell me considering another human being a DISEASE is right? THAT is how the "elite" view the "poor". I can't fathom hating another human because of their "status". And since when did money become more valuable than kindness, knowledge and all the other wonderful human traits we've abandoned so quickly for the almighty dollar??

I reject the system that rejects humanity. Simple as that.

4. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

all i want to see is, a world based on the evolution of human kind. and NOT in a monetary sense.

U may view this as simplistic, and ur RIGHT!
    it IS so simple. people have to realise now just how simple it really is to live as decent human beings.

5. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

We're fighting an uphill battle because of institutions like organized religion which aid the government in manipulating the ignorant masses. The difference between the situation of the working man now and the peasant class in eras past is that the knowledge is here and easily accessible to all, yet these people are brainwashed since childhood to toe the moral and legal straight and narrow (which can of course be changed on a whim in the Vatican and through a rigorous program of propaganda) and be good little peasants to support the elite. Redemption is just around the corner but they are programmed to fear it.

Slavery was never abolished, it just became slicker and more efficient. Why keep a slave under collar and lash when you can trick them into loving you and dying for you? All that is needed is to cater to the one failsafe desire that all living things feel, from bacteria and algae on up: self preservation.

Convince the masses that there isn't enough to go around, that we need to compete and fight tooth and nail to survive, and we'll do just that. Meanwhile the powerful and well educated rich wallow in their own curse of guilt and self loathing, disconnected from the vast majority of their brothers and sisters by a thoughtless desire to obtain wealth and luxury while others starve. They too are ignorant victims in a way, though the knowledge of alternatives that exists to them means that their position is far more damning than that of the proletariat.

The heartless monsters pulling the strings, those twisted geniuses who once resembled human beings, may be the most fulfilled of all, because their souls are so shallow that the constant power trip is somehow enough to sustain them. A real human would never be able to survive in such a state of darkness.

Only the most ruthlessly selfish and debased belong to this elite clique. I could not name them with any confidence, but I do know they exist and that I think I could probably detect the presence of such a entity by the absence of a soul.

So yeah, capitalism is pretty shitty. But you know, even this disgusting way of life is part of the infinitely intricate and often insane universe of ours.

As far as I can see the only solution is to simplify your life as much as possible, remove all unnecessary elements and stick to the decisions and choices that are heartfelt and organic, and not instilled in you from others who may have ulterior motives you couldn't even scratch the surface of.

There will be no big bloody violent revolution, not anytime soon. A universal change will only come about by each of us redefining what it is to be human with our personal actions. Let's create a beautiful, fair, and loving race, a flower of the chaotic universe around us. Let's not succumb to the dark forces of nature, the unneccesary suffering and misery that seem to surround us.

It all starts with you and me and the decisions we make. It's as simple as that. You want a revolution? Live it.

'Cause it ain't coming any other way.

6. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

That's your fear talking. A revolution is WELL on it's way. It's a slow process, but IS happening right before ur eyes. I can promise u that.
    More and more are realising everyday ignorance is NOT bliss. And the only solution to pollution is a people's humane revolution (Bobby Seale quote, for those who don't know).

We can live revolutionary individualy, yes...but the time has come to rise up as a unified front against those who oppress us and others alike.

As long as the corruption of greed - the disease that seeks to keep infecting the world, us "enlightened" will find a way to cure it.

The world does not revolve around me, therefore living "individualy" seems hypocritical to me. As long as OTHER humans are suffering, i'll fight back.

I DO commend u on being aware and furthering ur growth as a human being. There are others though who need ur help.

7. Pepik

Pepik Banned

When you boil it down, you're still calling for collectivism. Collectivism has been a catastrophic failure whenever it has been tried on a large scale. Capitalism is the ONLY system which has ever proved compatible with democracy, and it is the ONLY system which has raised any nation from poverty to prosperity.

So nobody cares that you say you care about the poor - so did Lenin, Mao, and many others. The road to disaster is paved with good intentions. Who are you to speak for the poor or decide what's best for them? Nobody is crying out for an end to the capitalist revolution in China so they can be saved by a brotherhood of anarchist shared prosperity - they've lived collectivism and know a hell of a lot better than you what its all about. Capitalism is lifting people out of poverty by the hundreds of millions, why would you try to stop it?

8. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Our ideas of what constitutes a revolution are different. There is no need for bloodshed, because the only way anarchy will work is not through one side winning a war and forcing it on everyone, but through the majority adopting it because they want it.

Communism hasn't worked because it's always been forced on people. The anti-capitalist regime that will be the most successful will be the one the people themselves set up, not one forced on them by a government or any other minority group.

And we must all live individually, because we are individuals. To lose sight of that would be to overlook what is beautiful about humankind. We are not some hive of social insects that mindlessly work to perpetuate their colony. We are free willed individuals.

We do need to change our priorities so that we consider our society ultimately more important than ourselves but we must never lose that sense of self and individuality. It is from individuality, not conformity, that innovation is born. To progress and develop as a species, and to find a way off this doomed planet (if not by our own hands than by natural climate change, the inevitable ice age, or other natural disaster), we need to develop technologically and that means a continued need for individuality and constant innovation.

9. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

Bloodshed is inevitable in war. I predict a war of intellect vs. elitism will come about. I've witnessed first hand the brutal strife the "peasants" face daily. It's given me the urge to avenge "their" despair. If necessary, violently. I'm being as candid as possible now...i view the situation a bit more "militantly".

Communism has failed due to corruption of greed. When capitalism is demolished, WE the people will have an opportunity to set a NEW standard of living. Yes, history teaches us to learn from our mistakes, but we need to stop living in the past and start BUILDING our future. We don't need all the answers right now. We're in agreement that the CURRENT system has failed us miserably and something must be done to end it. I find when I speak to people, they're more terrified of a revolution for freedom rather than having no freedom at all. I understand people are afraid of the unknown or having their precious comfort of blindness distrupted, but i ask u...is that more terrifying than slavery?

Yes. We are individuals...in a collective. We are not alone in this world, and to think that would be utterly selfish and repugnant. That is an elitist outlook on the world as a whole. Mankind is here to contribute to the planet and those who reside in it. If u want to be alone, go be a hermit. Until those AROUND me have siezed to suffer, i won't stop fighting.

People have lost their individuality. It's pretty apparent with all the brittany, paris and k-fed wannabes out there. Conforming to mainstream stupidity is something most people admire (laughable). I, however, subscribe to the to the outcast "punk" persona so many cower in fear of. That i find hilarious. My pierces and blue hair freak the shit outta ppl. What's ironic is, i find THEM scary as shit. A bunch of zombies on a conveyor belt...ready to be packaged.

Innovation IS born of individuality...and Malcolm X said it best when addressing the revolution:
    "Youth are actually involving themselves in the struggle to eliminate oppression and exploitation. They are the one's who most quickly identify with the struggle and the necessity to eliminate the evil conditions that exist. And here in this country, it has been my observation that when you get into conversation on racism and segregation, you will find young people more incensed over it - they feel more filled with an urge to eliminate it."

The old are a dying breed, thankfully. WE are the future. We need to rectify the mistakes they've made in order to survive AS individuals. It is US who are more technologically advanced. They use our intelligence for their own benefit.

I say, GAME OVER!

10. Pepik

Pepik Banned

That's typical. You have a sneering contempt for "the masses", which is pretty much essential for extreme left ideologies. You can't accept that in a democracy only a small minority shares your views, so you need to de-legitimise the majority and rationalise why you have the right to violently impose your minority views on the majority.
    Give me a freaking break man, you should listen to yourself. Like I said, Mao, Lenin, and Che Guevara decided to avenge other people's despair by imposing a collectivist ideology. The result was mass starvation and/or tyranny. Nobody needs to be saved by you.

You want to help people? Get a job and send half your earning to some poor people in sub saharan Africa, it's do a hell of a lot more good than damaging someone's property.

11. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

no, what i can't accept is the FALLACY of our so called democracy.
    yes, my contemp for the drones and sheep is quite apparent. i have no need to hide it.
    and hunny bunny, sweety, cupcake...i AINT the minority, YOU ARE.
    Like i've said before...watch as we dance around the fires of the fallen capitalist empire, or PERISH with it!

fyi, i've convinced elitists like u to see the truth. it's only a matter of time before u ALL do.

Call me Che-mothafuken-Guevara, cuz i'm here to save the mothafukin day...BEEEEEEEEEEYATCH!!!!

do u own anything scum boy? if so, WHERE?
    Captain Molotov wants to say hello.

12. Pepik

Pepik Banned

You're not really doing a great job of convincing me that you're not just another violent idiot who got some edgy politics to go with their shocking t-shirts and outrageous hairstyle.

Speaking of t-shirt politics, good to know you like Che. He was violent revolutionary who imposed a totalitarian regime on a foreign country. He enthusiastically led the firing squads when it was time to get rid the country of incorrect thinkers. The end result was economic ruin and tyranny. Some day you'll figure that out.

13. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

dude, u don't get it. i don't wanna convince YOU. ur so deep into the lies, there's no gettin U out.

t-shirt politics? ahahahahahaha. that's hilarious. i'm going to use that. thanks!

14. anarchypeace

anarchypeace Member

haha are you kidding me? anarchist are not jsut a bunch of teens. and besides. you really think some old time hippies are the future?
    criticizing people who are still learning about an ideology is a good form of encouragement right? youre a fool. i also happen to know quite a few 'older' anarchists.

violence against property is not violence. its destruction of property. and on the subject. why is that leftists seem to hold property in so high regard? and really, its not like anarchists are running around destryoing peoples houses and shit. as an example, in seattle, most of the anarchists didnt just commit random acts of violence. they destroyed the property of the companies that paid millions of dollars for the WTO to be held there. if theyre going to spend millions to keep third world countries open to rape, then i think a little property destruction is warrented.

the corporations and and the government dont listen to the so called peaceful protesters. theyre just another part of the process. and maybe us anarchists are too, but at least we make those bastard CEOs and wealthy lawyers tremble in there over shinded shoes.

haha its funny cause out of the rioters and 'peaceful' protesters, the only ones who actually cause any realy harm to people is the peaceful protesters. theres actualy a group of liberals that go to protests and when rioters and anarchists show up they mace and subdue them until the police and take over. way to go liberals, further the police state.

business isnt going to be the savior of the people. its going to be mutual aid, and destruction of capitalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anarchism#Modern_anarchism

read from there down before you start making assumptions about the reality of anarchism.

also look up organizations like food not bombs.

15. anarchypeace

anarchypeace Member

ifyou saw me you wouldnt have any idea that i was an anarchist by your descriptions. i have realyl short hair and i wear dirty cutoffs and band t shirts. and msot of my band t shirts arent shocking. except one from the anti-heros that has a gun on it and an arrow pointing in fron that says you are here.

16. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

Thanks.

I just think yes there are ''Rich and Poor'' but that does not equate to ''Good and Evil''.
    There is also the majority that do not fall into either camp - wich is the majority in this country atleast.
    If your talking globaly then yes I agree with you to a certain degree - this is one of the reasons why I ask about what you would do with the E.U.
    Okay we gain your way of life in this country but then we have to deal with the rest of the world - we'll either have to shun our global responsibilities or bring about a ''New world order''.

We for all its ills live in a global society - are you going to be nationalistic/protectionist and shun everything ''foreign'' ?.
    I accept that capitalism in the wrong hands is bad and to a degree wealth creates inequality. It ignores the reality thet this country and the majority of other countries have helped the poor and the poorer countries are happy with our help aside from their own coruption.
    I'm not rich and i'm not poor - yeas I could do with some more money but I have a roof over my head food in my stomach and a family that I can rely on most of the time - well when my pride lets me. Probably why I have apathy to your ideas.

I appreciate your response but think it asks more questions than it answers - but like you say ''i can honestly tell u right now, i DON'T have all the answers''.

Is this me being ''closed minded'' or just realistic ?.

17. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

at the risk of ridicule, i'll open my heart to u.
    i want u to watch a video i'm posting here. i hope u'll then understand why fighting back is so important to me. put aside all politics for now and just watch. your apathy stems from comfort, yes, but also from being desensitized to the pain others suffer.
    it pains me to see these governments take every ounce of freedom away from us. they try to break us by stomping on our hearts. we won't let them. i cry for the world i live in and fight for the one i believe in.
    i'll answer your other questions later. please watch and peace.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V_5cO20LI1g

18. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I might disagree with you - i'd NEVER ridicule you.

I had heard about this - all politics aside - well erm I can't really respond then.
    This:http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/story/0,,2117202,00.html
    makes me more angry and realise the troubles differing sets of values and priorities face when drawn close to each other.
    Rather than the situation that occured over that dwelling.

Contary to popular opinion I DO care - no maybe I do not care so much for a group of individuals fighting a system under their own rules and own dictates.
    I do care about the poor disenfranchised having been one myself.
    I do care about the global poor being swept along and sometimes aside by the juggernaut that is ''progress''. The point is the majority of the ''poor'' want progress but not nesseseraly like it is occuring.
    ''Smashing the system'' called ''capitalism' imho does not help the poor it reduces people to ''defending for themselves'' - though admirable is not always the best option.
    Like I said I don't think the ''Elite - Rich'' are the complete problem because that makes them the ''black'' and everything else the ''white''.
    The world and life is not as straightforward as that.
    Goverments ''corporations'' all that you see as ''bad'' are in my mind not as bad as you think imho.
    So on some points we will agree just your ''struggle'' I find rather as you say unsustainable - so with out more answers to more of the questions - i'll have to stay apathetic.
    It is not because I have been desensitised.

Respect to you - honestly.
    I disgree with your premise but not the the spirit you show here [when you get to trust people not to take the piss :rolleyes: ].

Thanks -and peace to you as well.

19. Gen. Disarray

Gen. Disarray Banned

thanks

that angers me as well. i was at a protest on friday, Aboriginals Day of Action, to fight the construction (yet again!) on their land (that was "given back") for the bloody olympics in vancouver. fucking ridiculous i say. but the REAL cause of fighting for us and Aboriginals is all the same, POVERTY. We're all aware capitalism is to blame. The governments have grown accustomed to capitalise on us "poor folk" because, after all, aren't we silent and beneath them? we get no say. we're nothing. right?

u tell me u've been in the position of "struggle" before. well i've been in ur position of "comfort" before. it didn't make me any happier having all that money and turning a blind eye to those in need. i'm doing what i need to do now to rectify the mistakes of my past. i'd rather be shunned for my kindness than accepted for my wealth.
    it IS black and white my dear. it is. wrong and right. good and evil. money has turned the human race into a loathesome species. i can't sit by idly and watch the world become a greater mess if i can do something to stop it. we're better than that. i'm sure of it. humans have the capacity to be selfless and kind.
    i might NOT have all the answers, but the ideals of "anarchy" as a philosophy have taught me to be a greater human. a caring one. i still have a lot to learn, and my whole life to do it...i'm fine without all the answers at this particular moment. i'm sure if everyone did a bit of self-reflection they'd find their lives aren't as peachy keen as they believe it to be. that they'd find more happiness in just being a "GOOD" human rather than a machine of acquisition. we're bred to hate those different from us, thanks to the corporate government media...it's downright disgusting. i used to be in marketing and advertising...we're taught to sell an image, that of hate. it's revolting really.
    i get violent out of anger. anger that imho is justified completely. others might not see it that way, but frankly, i don't give a rats ass. i spent my life caring about what other ppl thought of me. i really don't anymore. i do what i do because i HAVE to.

i respect ur position too. i understand where ur coming from. what seperates u from the lot of them is, ur actually aware of the situation. not many can say that. what u choose to do with that knowledge is up to u. but at least, u don't have the cold hearted opinion most have regarding the "poor". i like u. u have it in u to be a "good" human being. (not that u aren't. u know what i mean)

absolute peace

20. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

No problem and it is not a empty platitude.

I was going to draw parallels between what YOU may see as YOUR struggle and some of the aboriginals struggles - but to be fair that would be a little trite and I imagine not that accurate.
    Well maybe in regard to not wanting to fit into the paradigm that is ''modern life'' and all the apparent ''evils'' that intails - yeah ok there are a few parallels.

I don't think ''capitalism'' and ''goverments'' is/are to blame for all the ills of society but we live in a ''blame culture'' so I can see where you are coming from.
    It is catch 22 it is post modern irony it is all manner of things.

I absolutely have - well it is going to be relative I was not in abject poverty and I could see a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I do know what it is like to ''struggle'' though.
    No having a bit of cash [I'd hardly call it ''all that''] does not make me happy it makes me not have to worry so much about not eating/drinking and not having to worry about freezing my ass off in the winter.
    I've never seen ''wealth'' as a way too ''happyness'' as I'm happy to have not much.
    I have not thrown my ass over to credit card companys - like most of my friends and family.
    Through out i've always been concerned about other people and always had a eye [not blind] for to the poor of this country and through out the world.

MM well I dunno what you did - but if it is having a roof over your head maybe buying consumer items that you did not need - then we all I imagine have that cross to bear. For me it has never been excesive so I don't feel a need to feel bad about my past [as such].

Well I don't agree - rich people have ''given back'' and rich people have helped the poor be that through aids project - education and a viable sustainable future through farming and small loans.
    I've even read some CEO of a company buying millions of acres of land in Argentina and giving it back to the goverment [as long as it remains a protected land for conservation]. So no i don't think it is ''black and whjite'' - but feel free to disagree.

I'm sure for a vast majority you are correct.

mmm I dunno maybe the media but not the goverment I don't see that - maybe you could explain ?. They are the ones that do a silent job on our behalf and we are the ones that moan that ''charity begins at home''.

Well maybe you have a better insight - maybe i need to learn more as well.
    I think the overt selling af shite on QVC and stations like is the true nature of ''marketing and advertising'' some do it more subtly than them - but it all boils down to the same thing in the end.

Fair enough.

Fair enough - I DO respect that.

I respect your position also - I might find it wrong in places and not agree with the premise but ........
    I'm not a fascist though so think what you wish - but don't hurt anyone in the process [not that i think you would].
    You are right I should do something and do more but I have yet to find a suitable outlet for my frustration as i'm not certain of the target for that frustration.

Thank you - same to you.