Ring

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Razorofoccam, May 9, 2007.

1. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

In 50 years of life

The best horror movie occam has seen

Ring 1 and 2,,,,,,,,,,, not for teens.

Occam

2. egle

egle Member

15, wasnt scary, got abit board, slighty stetched, not alot more. was abit 2 stoned tho,

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

My friends 13 year old son had to leave the room during 'The Ring', when it became too much for him. I found it much less frightening, but rather I found it amusing at times. Some of the plot and storyline were okay, in my view, but mostly I found it unexceptional. Though I haven't been scared by a film since at the latest my late teens, I have found later films held my interest, and gave me goosebumps. 'Emily Rose', and 'The Sixth Sense' are two I can recall. As a kid, 'The Omega Man' with Charlton Heston scared me good, and there was a brief moment in my friend's van, shortly after going to see 'The Thing', when I felt a wave of fear wash over me.
    'Event Horizon' also had a fairly strong effect on me, though I did go to see it alone, and I wouldn't say I was scared.
    As for an ultimate 'horror' movie, I don't have one, but 'Alien', 'The Exorcist', and 'The Thing' are three that are up there.

4. rosedawson

rosedawson Member

I have seen both.There both stupid.The only scary part was when she opened the closet and that girls face was all jacked up.Other than that.....dont waste you rtime.The acting was good...the movie was st-st-st-stupid.

5. Valdis

Valdis Member

The Ring did me in. I slept with a light on for at least three nights and had to actively try to make my brain NOT think about it.

Why?

Because a child being evil just freaks me out in general. Then they figure out the problem, and she is still not done killing.

Ack!

The Ring 2 actually made better sense and didn't freak me out.

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I remember seeing the first one in the theater... so I guess I was 15, almost 16. I'll admit that I was scared in the first half of the movie, but it kind of lost it in the second half. When they started showing the girl in full view and explaining where she came from, she became less threatening. The unknown really is the scariest thing. But that early closet-opening scene was shocking, and surely one of the scariest scenes in any horror film. I don't even like thinking about it.

However, despite its failings at the end, the movie left an impression on me for a few days--the dark was not my friend. :D But I think it's okay for teens.

7. tfb9999

tfb9999 Member

It was a good concept, and excellent use of limited resources (the Japanese version anyway) but it really wasn't that scary at all. Though there was this really unsettling feeling as we watched the characters watch the tape, like something was gonna jump out and make me shit my pants. I suppose that's what the movie tried to achieve, not necessarily scare you with the monster.

8. NumberNineDream

NumberNineDream Member

When my sister and I met Daveigh Chase after the movie came out, we were getting a picture with her and my sister ran away (She's four years older than I, mind you). It was silly.

9. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

The Ring 2 was shit.

The Ring 1 was very good. Really unpleasant atmospherics and a somewhat original story. One of the scariest movies ever.

Unexplainable details add to the mystery, methinks.

10. ghing

ghing Member

yeah you are right.. those unexplainable details makes me think and scared!!!..

very creepy ehh!!!..

11. timewarp

timewarp Member

I have asked myself what was so scary about The Ring, but what's scarier is if lots of peeps think it's scary, there must be a logical reason...and I don't see it......SPOOKY!!!

[​IMG]

12. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

loved the fly off the screen. And the warped faces on cam.. some disturbing stuff
    No gore.. even better

13. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

gore is so trite

14. timewarp

timewarp Member

Gore bores!!!