Ring Rage

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bedlam, Jan 29, 2005.

1. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

was reading an article about "Ring Rage" -- rage ensuing from annoying mobile phone ring tones...

QUOTE An Australian Human Resource Institute report found that 54 per cent of employers preferred workers' mobile phones to be set to "non-intrusive" ringtones, or vibrating mode.

Nine per cent wanted use of mobile phones limited to personal emergencies and another 9 per cent wanted the phones banned outright during working hours.

One employer has imposed $5 fines on workers who don't turn off their mobile phones during meetings.

Mobile phones tend to really annoy me. We have big signs up all around the library saying "please turn off mobile phones" but people still walk around yelling into them at the top of their voices.

Are you a considerate mobile phone user? Do you have an annoying ring tone?

What ring tone do you have??

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i dont even know what ring tone i have. cant remember. i dont use it much. i hate the phone.

when it's not lost i always carry it but leave it on vibrate so it doesnt disturb anyone but if it's important, i can answer it or return the call.

3. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

btw, i dont have a land line so im not being "shallow". it's my only phone.

4. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i hate it at uni when there is always some half-wit that forgets to turn their phone of in lectures/tutes...the bigger idiot is the one who hears someones phone ring and sees all the dirty looks yet doesnt turn their own off and then theirs rings...

i went to a play a couple of months back and a large group of ppl were very late...infact the play stopped for them ...after disrupting the whole thing a few mins later one of the guys phones starts ringing....then two more mins later it rings again..this time the actor answers and tells him whats going on and then turns the phone off... lucky the play was fairly interactive! but what a fucking asswipe!

5. lynsey

lynsey Banned

mines always on vibrate but I heard the cutest ring tone the other day it was the song from cinderella ahhhh.

6. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

l currenlty have the Black Eyed Peas' "Lets get it started'" ring tone. I only use the tones for my alarm clock in the morning then it goes on vibrate for the rest of the day..
    We have signs everywhere at work asking people to turn of their phone as it interferes with some of the medical equipment, however not many people take any bloody notice...

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

I have my cell phone always on vibrate unless I need to hear someone call. I am a considerate user I do believe.

8. Xac

Xac Visitor

sweet dreams, and i have it as more of an emergency tool so i dont often use it.