right wing activist judges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, Aug 12, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

2. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Another non-issue.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This is extreme, and I hope the mother appeals. Why Martin?

I actually knew a little boy named Messiah. Strange name, but he also had a classmate named Isis.

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Another Hitler type response.

5. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Its like you're not even trying anymore.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Right wing activist judges are far outnumbered by left wing activist judges.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think it is an issue--for the mother. A small scale issue. I don't think this type of thing is wide-spread. I mean, it took place in Tennessee. So there is that to consider.

8. This is a BIG issue. The judiciary are not there to make decisions on the name of a baby!

This is an issue for parents and parents alone!

9. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

So your saying people from Tennessee are bigots....that makes you prejudiced. Also why does it make him a right-winger? many left wing judges that are christian, many democrats who don't support gay marriage....

Oh and you shouldn't talk about constitutional rights when you want to take some of those away
    I feel the mother should be able to name her child whatever she wants but I feel the political party whichever it may be has little to do with it, or the state. I have a brother from Tennessee, and he is one of the most tolerant people I know and he supports gay rights.

So yeah

I should be able to name my kid whatever I want, and own whatever gun I want. You can't pick and choose, you gotta support all or none of em

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sounds like the judge did that kid a favor.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It was a joke. Take a deep breath. It's going to be ok.

GENERALLY. Republicans in America tend to be more associated with Christianity. And yes...you ought to be able to name your kid whatever you want (within reason, don't name your kid fuck or pussy or something).

12. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Messiah was one of the most popular names for babies in 2011 & 2012. Must be in those freedom loving blue states.

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think there was a case where a child was named "Adolph Hitler", and a judge not only forced a name change, but took custody away from the parents.

Generally, I think that parents should be able to name their children as they please, though in principle, I could also see how a fuck-up name might screw up a kids life, and maybe indicate that the parents are kinda fucked-up.

I'm not sure what the answer is.

I don't see a problem with naming a kid "messiah", though can you then say a parent can't give a kid any name?

The "messiah" case seems like something that would get overturned on appeal.

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Define "popular", because 368 (0.0182% of all births) in 2011 and 762 (0.0379% of all births) in 2012 doesn't exactly strike me as popular.

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/#ht=1

15. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

This entire issue was a waste of the court's time.

I'm surprised the judge even felt his time to review this case was worth it.

16. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

In defense of rj, there is nothing here about obama, handouts, or the GOP, though there is more of the "right wing is to blame for everything" theme of other rj posts.

also, name calling and insults are unnecessary, and do nothing to support your point of view.

17. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The GOP is the American equivalent of the Muslim Brotherhood. They are racist, male chauvinist, religious fanatical, fascists. If you can't smell what the republicans are cooking, try some stronger coffee.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Even a lot of the righties on this site will agree that the GOP is no fucking good; but the way you frame everything as the rights fault and you never seem to have a bad word to say about Democrats (they're entirely useless, for one) makes you kind of come off as disingenuous at best.

It's our political system - it's corrupted from all sides, and both parties are in on it and doing nothing of note (some notable exceptions like Bernie Sanders, but hey, he's not technically a Democrat, go figure).

19. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I do admit that I rag on the right wing fascists more than the left wing extremists, because they are far more dangerous to this country. But most here ignore any posts I make that rag on the dems. For instance, their spinelessness, and Obama's failures of promises. Like closing GITMO, and getting out of Afghanistan.
    Everybody here ignores the fact that I'm a registered INDEPENDENT, and voted for Ralph Nader four times.
    Everyone ignores my posts promoting Bernie Sanders(an independent), and his efforts to root out the corruption of the dem/repub monopoly on the government.
    The problem is the right wing nut jobs on this forum keep trying to deceive people like you into believing that I'm a democrat. Kind of like the way they try to get people to believe that Obama is a Muslim, or born in Kenya, or a communist. It's just more of the smear campaign by the fascists.
    And a lot of ignorant Americans are falling for it. The cons have succeeded in getting a large portion of this country to hate their own government. Congress approval rating is down to 15%, but it's because of republican obstructionism, and democrat spinelessness.
    Until this country wakes up and realizes that both parties are the problem and not the solution, they will continue to reelect the same stupid morons that have made the mess we have, and America will keep crumbling.
    That's how Rome fell. And that's how the nazi's took over Germany.
    And you're seeing the same thing in Egypt right now.
    There is no denying what the left and the right stand for. The right, like the Muslim brotherhood, are all about forcing everyone to "believe" the way they do. The brotherhood tries to force Islam down everyone's throat, and the repubs in this country try to force Christianity on everyone here. Both the Muslim brotherhood and the republicans are male chauvinists that try to take away any and all womens rights. They're both racist, and are willing to use violence to get their way. Hate is the tool of both.
    The left is all about equality, and sharing the wealth, and liberation from religious dogma. But their wimpyness results in appeasement and gullibility, like the Iraq/Afghan wars. They have also allowed the greed of the right to destroy the middle class of this country. Their spinelessness allowed Raygun to triple the national debt building thousands of bombs in the arms race. They allowed Shrub daddy to double than national debt again in only four years. Then they went along with Shrub Jr.'s stupid Iraq war which added $3 trillion to the debt, and another $3 trillion for welfare for millionaires in tax cuts, which was also just added to the debt. On top of all that, the dems allowed the cons to blame Obama for the collapse of the U.S. economy, which they themselves caused during Shrub Jr.'s time WITH A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS.
    Clinton balanced the budget, and Shrub and the cons destroyed it in six months.
    So yes, the left is wimpy stupid, but the right is evil stupid. The result is what we have today.

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Once again, your understanding of politics and political theory is like that of a child, RJ. Grow up. People like you are exactly the reason this country is falling apart.