Richard Williams deceased at 86

Discussion in 'People' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 17, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Master animator Richard Williams has passed away.

I don't normally follow the animation scene, but I had a strong admiration for Williams. He is best known for his work in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I particularly admired him for his work in creating "The Theif and the Cobbler," which was supposed to be his masterpiece. He spent 29 years working on it as a complete frame-by-frame animation with intricate work and detail never seen in any cartoon except this one. By the end of the project, Disney bought the rights to Richard William's film and he was kicked off the project. From there, Disney ripped off the story and made the Aladdin franchise. And Mirimax became in charge of the project, and deliberately made it a very terrible film with bad voice-overs and writing.

Fortunately some fans did what they could to rescue the original film by putting together the original voices, inserting the original storyboards. Showing us what a great film this would have been, had it never been tampered with. See the "Recobbled Cut" below for Part 1 of a 7-part video

2. My niece and nephew used to watch "The Thief and the Cobbler" all the time. I was always stoned, and it freaked me out.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

This summarizes the problem of the making of Theif and the Cobbler

Disney is pure evil

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

off topic but it's weird that as an english person living in england i find hearing an english accent on a youtube video so odd sounding
    i think just because most videos i watch have american accents

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Said anyone who saw Bambi or Dumbo...