Richard Mourdock of Indiana

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by bibearman, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bibearman

bibearman Member

Pregnancy from rape is gods will? The guy claims he thinks abortions should only be to save the mother. Sometimes it makes me wonder, if they really mean even THAT much, or once they are in a position, does that even go out the window.

But to come out and say that pregnancy from a rape is gods will...sounds pretty creepy to me. Right up there with "the female body shutting itself down in a rape, and if you get pregnant, must have meant that you wanted it" ...sick people!!!

2. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Creepy guys... I have to wonder who it is that supports them.

4. odonII

odonII O

"Pregnancy from rape is gods will"

What does this mean to you? To me it means however a child arrives into this world - God intended that child to be here, regardless of how it came to be and regardless of its parentage. Fate, as it were.

“I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God,” he said. “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” Mourdock, who became visibly emotional while speaking, supports abortion only to save a mother’s life, not in cases of rape and incest.

Who said that?

Some religious types, I imagine.

People who think 'life is sacred' etc.

5. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Republicans, they love you until you are born. :mickey:

6. odonII

odonII O

Jesus is great — is there a better role model? No. It's religion, it's the people who get in between — the bureaucracy, you know. ... It's the way people abuse Jesus. Was there ever a greater victim of name dropping?

7. Man Yellow

Man Yellow Member

Let's just examine this:

If rape is part of God's plan, then can you even punish a rapist? I mean, arguably, he had no choice in the matter, right?

Hell, take it a step further: If God's plan involves all the horrible shit people do to each other, then there's no actual free will, and therefore no sin, and what THAT means, Mister Fucking Mourdock, is that you have managed to destroy the entire foundation of your religion in a puff of rape apologism.

Way to go, asshole.

8. odonII

odonII O

I don't think he said rape is part of God's plan.

“And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

Nope, he didn't.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Pregnancy from rape being God's will is the same as saying the rape itself was God's will. Unless, of course, God Himself does not understand the cause and effect relationship that he Himself created.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

How else would the women have his baby then?

11. odonII

odonII O

As I said: "To me it means however a child arrives into this world - God intended that child to be here, regardless of how it came to be and regardless of its parentage. Fate, as it were."

12. odonII

odonII O

When you put everything down to 'God's Plan' - then you, pensfan13 and Man Yellow are correct. However, I'd cut the guy some slack here. How many people have said: "Thank You, God" when receiving an award, won a competition etc - are they also condoning rape?

At the end of Obama's DNC acceptance speech he said: "Thank you, God bless you and God bless these United States. "

Was he condoning rape, too?

I hope you understand what I mean.

13. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Odon you are reaching here. He was talking about pregnancy resulting from rape and said it was God's plan. These people are insane.

14. odonII

odonII O

Anybody that believes in God thinks that everything is 'God's plan' - it's part of the deal. They can't pick and choose what is and isn't 'God's plan'. I'm sure most would say that the baby was a 'gift from God', but the rape was the work of the Devil. I'm trying to be fair here (I appreciate I'm the only one that is :p).

“God creates life, and that was my point,” Mourdock said in a statement. “God does not want rape, and by no means was I suggesting that he does.”

If Christian Democrats (including Obama) are choosing to decide this comment is an extreme view on abortion and women’s rights...then they are a bunch of hypocrites.

“Richard Mourdock’s rape comments are outrageous and demeaning to women. Unfortunately, they’ve become part and parcel of the modern Republican Party’s platform toward women’s health, as Congressional Republicans like Paul Ryan have worked to outlaw all abortions and even narrow the definition of rape,” Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said in a statement following the debate.

This coming from a Jewish woman.

This is one of the reasons I don't bother God :rolleyes:.

15. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

One of the many reasons why I don't bother with god :)

16. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

The mindset of people like Mourdock and Todd Akin certainly have a terrorist affect on me. When I was raped I did not get pregnant. I suppose I am supposed to be grateful for that, since Rod v. Wade was a new law and, as a poor person, I did not have any options.

If these guys and other republicans are elected and the GOP gets the white house they will have control over the next Supreme Court nominees. We could well see Roe v. Wade reversed. I can see them try to take away women's voting and other hard earned women's rights also being in jeopardy.

It really gets me that Romney and his people want the middle east to set up secular governments, when he wants to make ours religious.

17. Man Yellow

Man Yellow Member

It's the same damn thing.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Knuckle dragger. Country's full of 'em.

19. odonII

odonII O

It's not. It's: Even if through rape a child is part of God's plan.
    Not: Rape is part of God's plan.
    But, like I said, the good and the bad is part of God's plan.
    So yes, rape is also part of God's plan.
    Don't jump on this guy any more than any other religious person.
    They all will think everything is part of God's plan.

“First and foremost, my Christian faith gives me a perspective and security that I don’t think I would have otherwise: that I am loved. That, at the end of the day, God is in control," Obama said.

Control of what? Everything?

20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And if there is one 'a them-there gods--it has some heavy apologizin' to do. Don't hold your breath waiting on it ,though.