Rice and Beans for Breakfast

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Duncan, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Even white people such as I eat it. I vary which beans I eat, but the rice is almost exclusively long grain white. I sometimes add an egg to the mixed (poached or soft cooked). I try to cut down on the amount of butter or oil that i add to the dishes. I have an old fashioned egg poacher and I use the egg cups for reheating the rice and the beans. Steaming them is much better than microwaving them as the latter process tends to toughen them up.
    Sometimes I think of adding something to the mix; a diced cucumber, a peach or nectarine, or some cooked vegetable such as cabbage or carrots. Even a little bit of oat porridge can make a difference.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I’ve been eating leftover beans and rice at breakfast when it’s really cold.

3. RIJACO

RIJACO Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I LOVE rice and beans - and can eat it any time of the day. I usually wrap them with some scrambled eggs and cheese and make a burrito for breakfast (good amount of protein).