Rheumatoid arthritis?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by sweetersappe, Jan 5, 2005.

1. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

My mother has rheumatoid arthritis and I was just wondering if anyone here had any experiences with that ailment. She was diagnosed about 5 years ago and has tried (I think) every prescription drug available and many different supplements with little success. She is on disability and can no longer drive or walk very far without assistance. I wish I could do something to help, but I am at a loss. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

3. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

I will check out that book. My mom tried the copper bracelets, but they left awful bruises on her wrists. What is the lakota treatment?

4. audreyanne

audreyanne Member

Hey sweetie,
    I have rheumatoid arthritis,so I know what youre Mom is going through.I dont know how old she is,but all is not lost.for one there are alot of new drugs that slow the progression of R.A.Also believe it or not low impact exercise like bicycle riding and swimming are good for us who suffer.I know that mine is way worse in cold climate,cold and damp are the enemy.I also at times use a heating pad for about 10 15 minutes at a time.Sleeping in warm wool socks helps with my feet alot,I can usually actually walk in the morning.There are numerous websites like the arthritis foundation
    that can help...sometimes just talking to someone who shares this disease helps.Please feel free to give youre mom my e mail.I will leave you a personal message.
    One last thing,you know R.A. is an auto immune disease,and the more knowledge you or she can acquire the better.Knowledge is freedom,okay I dont want to ramble so good luck and its very sweet of you to help youre mom really cool.love and light surround you both!audreyanne