Rhandi Rhodes sucks as a talk show host.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dotadave, May 24, 2004.

1. dotadave

dotadave Member

I was listening to air america just now and she just happened to mention "talking to Nader is not possible because he's an ego maniac." As if she has room to talk! She's the O'Reilly of the left. She bullies guests, interupts callers and shouts them down for the slightest of disagreements. The fact that I agree with her on a lot of things and that she's on my side of the fence doesn't make her any less annoying. What a horrible show!

2. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

She was much better with Ozzy Osbourne.

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I agree, she absolutely SUCKS! Easily the most obnoxious show on the network....:(

Between her constant Nader-bashing (did you hear her "interview" with Ralph on her first AA show, when Nader was forced to hang up?), her unending ass-kissing of Kerry and the rest of the DNC mainstream, and her constant refrain that "The US military doesn't do things like this!" when discussing the Iraqi prisoner torture (guess she never heard of My Lai, or the "turkey shoot" outside of Basra in '91), she seems even further to the right than AA's other big-name host, Al Franken.

RR seems to think that listeners like being yelled at, talked down to, and hung up on when they dare to question her "analysis" of some issue. :( And if I have to hear about her stint in the USAF or how much she misses her life in Florida one more time, I think I might puke! :rolleyes:

AA definitely has some good stuff on it, including the Laura Flanders show, Jane Garofalo's "Majority Report" and parts of their morning-drive show, "Morning Sedition". But the overall tone seems to be one of unquestioning allegiance to any democratic politico, no matter how shitty their record might be on traditionally "liberal" issues.

I switched over to AA when they started because I was getting tired of the constant black nationalist "hate whitey" rhetoric that took over my local Pacifica station in the last year. But if AA wants to survive as a voice for the left side of the spectrum, they are going to have to stop pissing off the activist/progressive constituencies who form the core of the american left.

4. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I do listen to Air America occasionally, but usually only "Unfiltered" (because of the time difference, I listen to "Unfiltered from 10 pm to 1 am each weeknight. That show is hosted by Chuck D and two other ladies). I don't think they're ass-kissers of the Democratic Party. I haven't heard Randi Rhodes show, but I didn't like her berating of Ralph Nader.

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Randy is pretty obnoxious. I really hate when she interrupts people and toots her own horn a lot.

We lost AA in Chicago a few weeks ago, and have no news on when we will get it back.

As a Nader-Hater, though, I can't disagree with her on that. (I actually used to agree with a lot of what Nader has to say, but we can't lose our edge by voting for him this time IMO, the ONLY choice is to oust Bush with the ONLY decent weapon we have.....Kerry. Remodel later, put out the fire now.)

6. dotadave

dotadave Member

I'm not that big of a fan of Nader either, even though I DID go see him in person one time but, I mentioned it because she has no room to talk about being an ego maniac.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

All talk-show hosts are pretentious loudmouths. Can you name one that isn't? I don't think people would even listen to talk-radio if that wasn't the case.

The only talk-show host I like is Art Bell, but his show isn't often all that politically geared.

I've never listened to Randi Rhodes, but I can imagine she probably sucks Kerry's dick and spews forth the same liberal, pro-Democrat, pro-Kerry rhetoric as the rest of 'em. Anyone who gets on Nader's case because he is choosing to run is an ignorant fool.

Bahhh...we love Kerry... Bahh... Bahh.... How dare you steal votes from Kerry... Bahh...

8. Eldrad

Eldrad Member

I completely agree with Ms Rhodes' comment about Ralph Nader. I have found myself missing Richard Nixon.
    George Bush is the antichrist. If you don't believe me try George Bush 666 on Google. I don't want to sacrifice democracy so Ralph can satifisy his ego.

9. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

I personally have a like for Micheal Savage.