Revolution !!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Barefootsun, Feb 22, 2006.

1. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i get it now

2. YEM36313

YEM36313 Member

okay here's the update: At the end of my work day today, i had given out 7 hearts... one was to a client of mine (i am a massage therapist) and he was so happy! He was like, "i am going to put this in my car, and whenever i feel irritated or upset, i am going to look at it and remember to be happy" His said peace and love.

I gave out four to the people at work, but they haven't gotten them yet, because when they were gone, i put them in their rooms. So they will get them tomorrow. Theirs all said peace and love.

I gave one out to this lady who was walking through an exit as i was entering. I said, "here, this is for you" she looked down, a little confused at first, "What is this?" but when she read it, (it said spread good feelings) She smiled at me and said, "That is so sweet!"

I gave the last one out to the guy at the liqour store...(he is so nice, he has NEVER carded me:) ) His said "LOVE," encompassing the whole heart, and he said, "You're trying to get on my good side!" I told him to have a nice day, and to pass on the love.

All in all, today made me happy because it made other people happy. I felt like i was reaching out, and so far, so good.
    Oh yeah, i think you guys should start wearing pins, too. I wore one today that said, "Peace through Music" and people really dug it. It's like, if people see an image they like but would never otherwise think about, they feel good...they will ask you about it, and then you have a platform to remind people to live peacefully and kindly.

Guys, thank you for helping me out with my new perspective. You have begun the revolution because you began it in me, and hopefully i can begin it in someone else, and pretty soon people will start to feel better. :) Thank You

3. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

I wore a button that said "I donated to the US Marine Corps Toys for Tots", and someone tried to punch me in the head.

4. believe

believe Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Haha! I'm not sure if that was supposed to be funny, but I laughed. If my laughter was inappropriate let me know and I will apologize.

Good work, YEM! 7 hearts and all positive responses?! Damn, that's encouraging. And you're welcome for helping you out with your new perspective. I thank you and mr. morrison as well because thanks to the two of you my thoughts have been set on fire! Tomorrow my class is over and I will finally be able to devote some time to thinking about all our ideas. I guess we've all stimulated each other. Let's do it!

5. SafetyPin

SafetyPin Banned

Revolution is Revolting

6. SafetyPin

SafetyPin Banned

rev·o·lu·tion

rev·o·lu·tion [rèvvə lsh’n]
    (plural rev·o·lu·tions)
    n
    1. politics overthrow of government: the overthrow of a ruler or political system
    2. major change: a dramatic change in ideas or practice

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

5.overthrow of a government , social system, etc. .

Webster's New World, Complete School and Office Dictionary, Fourth addition

7. hyperborean

hyperborean Member

"Planing a revolution is all fine and nice but you can't do shit until you've undergone a personal change. You have to set yourself free before you attempt to set others free."~ green revolution

freaking exactly! i keep saying this over and over! i'm sure sum of you okes are actively doing something (sure as hope so) but for the rest of you, what have you done today to change things, small things, big things, environmental things personal consumerism etc. etc..!! break away from the norm people!! dont jus smaoke weed :)

i keep getting the impression that most of the ppl on this forum are waiting, yes waiting for someone else, there is no1else, theres no freaking jesus-like come john lennon leader waiting out there to march us into revolution! theres only u, so wake up in the morning and think how am i actively going to change thingstoday, how am i going to get the ball rolling on this revolution! ok obviously theres more to a revolution, like plans an shit but that'll come, STOP WAITING AND ACT.

and it doesnt matter if its passive or aggressive, as long as you getting your assinto gear an making a conscious effort. or am i wrong? is this too much to ask? i totally agree with gardeners comment
    'I am tired of replying to pseudo "Cat Stevens" and "Jim Morrisons". What's wrong with who you are? Not sure you measure up?'Well if you never let anyone know what you really stand behind, you probably never will."

obviouslly we all have our own opinions, diversity is good but lets work together, each contributing how they can, different people have different interests e.g environmental, war, socio-economical, drugs. and thats whats splitting us up, different movements NEED to come together for a common cause

some will express revolution as starting up alternative ways of living and showing the world how its done (look at findhorn-good example) others will protest, but STOP philosophising and ACT!!

sorry for the rant :)

8. hyperborean

hyperborean Member

please understand i missed a few pages (too long) so my rant aint against u mr. morrison, fantastic idea about the hearts and the tv station, makes me trust maybe theres hope out there, i'm gona start on some hearts myself tonight :)

good luck an keep up da fantastic work !

9. SafetyPin

SafetyPin Banned

You'll undergo a personal change by being part of or in the Revolution. No sense in going about doing this and doing that before you start the Revolution. If you take that attitude they'll always be something else you have to do first to prepare yourself for it and you'll never get around to actually starting it. Just get into it. And I don't think the point of a revolution is to set anyone else free, I think it is to set yoursef free along with the other people who are in it with you. Revolutions don't start at some finite point, they just sort of happen when folks are ready for them. What is "green revolution" anyway?

10. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

It should start in court. In the jury box so people down for it wont get caught up into being found guilty. That way the revolt will proceed.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how to start? innocently. because the need and motivation IS innocent.
    by simply boycotting in whatever nonconfrontationaly way the opportunity arrises to do so, the romantacizing and rewarding of aggressiveness, in any way, shape or manor.

i know this is a little difficult to see, but ghandi's fallowers made themselves martyrs by NOT firing the first shot. ever. not that they avoided all confrontation of course, but rather choose their times, means, and places rationaly and for maximum effectiveness.

=^^=
    .../\...

12. Neo-hippie

Neo-hippie Member

i don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but

Has anyone seen this film?

http://www.frif.com/new2007/demo.html

The Democratic Revolutionary Handbook

There is actually a succesfull formula that can make Revolutions happen. You've
    probably seen it on the news on the news while back, between all the propaganda.
    Revolutions were and are still happening today, and will tomorrow.
    This movie talkes about a video game that is suppose to learn you how to set things up, how to rally people, put up a concert en create a solidary bond, and such.
    anyway facinating stuff, i'd love to get my hands on a copy.
    (of both the film and that game so if anyone knows anything here)

Peace!

13. LoveHateTragedy

LoveHateTragedy Member

Revolution revolution!!!I am 4 revolution! Say yes to HUMANISM!!!

14. Patriot4Revolt

Patriot4Revolt Guest

Post revolution - appoint leadership that is selfless and is solely working for the PEOPLE! We currently pay THEM to BANKRUPT US so that they live an ELITIST lifestyle. That is like a CEO paying low level workers so that the low level workers live an ELITIST lifestyle. Never would happen in the private sector. EVER.

Enough is enough. We need leadership that is PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to protecting the PEOPLE's freedoms, righs, and liberties. THAT's IT! Let's get back to basics and KEEP IT SIMPLE!

If our lawmakers act solely for themselves, like they currently are - i don't believe that is a democracy. More like an oppressive regime. And we pay them to oppress us? WAKE UP AMERICA. Let's empower ourselves the way our Forefathers predicted as the inevitable. Thus why we have the freedoms and rights and DUTIES we have today. We are not doing our duty, let's step up and oust this shameful, deceitful, self-preserving regime.

The time is NOW. Let's not waste more time, and begin rebuilding and restoring our once-great country into an even BETTER country.

Doing nothing is ACCEPTANCE. This is unacceptable to me as an American citizen. All citizens should feel this way. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than any words. Unite, Mobilize, and perform our inherent duties as THE GREAT American people.

God bless our wonderful people.

15. primalflow

primalflow Member

If EVERYBODY is waiting for EVERYBODY to make the first move, then there's obviously nobody left to make that move. How can everybody just sit there and wait for somebody else to save them? Whatever, forget you people, I'm just gonna go save the whole world by my goddam self. NO, DON'T GET UP! I wouldn't want you to miss tonight's episode hypnotic bullshit.

16. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

the concept that one person can make a difference isn't actually a sound one my friend, especially not passivly. I could sit here and say fuck you government assholes I'm not paying taxes on my land, or taxes on my food, or my smokes, etc etc etc, but you know what'd happen? They'd just come a knockin' eventually and then I'd be in prison. To have a strong revolution you have to have a multitude with the same mind acting as one. Viva revolution!

17. primalflow

primalflow Member

Yeah, that was pretty much my point. That was more rude sarcasm than anything, but I will try to be the catalyst everyone is waiting for.

18. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I think first we should learn how to spell, how to use commas, and when to use capital letters.

19. primalflow

primalflow Member

That sounds like an avoidance statement from someone too scared to deal with the real problem.

20. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

You're right. I'm absolutely terrified by the thought of quality public education.