Revoke article 50

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Balbus, Sep 11, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Its empire baby, and this train ain't stopping until she derails! The war is already in progress, and Donald Duck is winning because its easier to destroy a thing than to build something new. He could not make the US government look more dysfunctional and pointless, just as Brexit and all of your corrupt politicians are hammering home every day. The money itself has taken on a life of its own, and when that kind of money gets thrown up in the air for grabs, the insanity is never-ending. The Winner Takes All Global Economy and Weapons Contest is down to the US and 17,000 international conglomerates, that are repaying Britain for all the support. Note that the US has made AI and quantum computing priorities, while the EU has made quantum encryption a priority. Even the banks recognize that the EU cannot compete with the US for AI and quantum computing, and are hoping like hell they can at least hide all their accounts. Swiss banks have a strategic geographic advantage, while Wikileaks went deep underground.

A huge advantage coming very soon, is that lie detectors and fact checkers can be installed in any computer or cellphone, and you will be buying your AI service according to how much honesty and information you can afford. That will force people without all that money, to actually cooperate more often for their mutual defense. Already, the basic AI circuitry necessary for all this is being mass produced on virtually every processor made. Sometime within the next two years, you will not be able to buy a computer that does not require AI to run, unless you prefer expensive antiques. Because it is easier to destroy a thing than build something, the Three Stooges are inherently self-destructive and it is easier to make them self-destruct than it is to keep up the current nonsense of everyone arguing the definition of stupid.

Seriously, if the American people wanted the slightest bit of truth in their politics, we would already have a lie detector built into every fucking TV and cellphone. The same with Britain but, rest assured, all the lies are beginning to produce their own solution, because the technology favors whoever thrives in the long run.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

It has to be remembered that in the referendum even the leaver leadership ruled out a No Deal Brexit, they said time and again that would be a bad thing and would never happen, it was always that they could get a ‘better deal’.

The whole idea of a No Deal was called ‘project fear’ by the leaver leadership, no deal was something to be feared – in other words - to not be voted for.

3. wooleeheron

The Three Stooges are famous, but not for having the slightest clue as to what they are doing and what their actions are leading up to. Et Tu Brute?

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, looks like woolee has already turned this thread into a bad acid trip

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

There are many leavers that now talk of wanting a no deal but as said that wasn’t part of the leaver campaign.

It has to remember the leaver campaign was very upbeat it was all about having our cake and eating it, we would get a deal, a good deal, a great deal, a terrific deal, a terrifically great deal. There would be no down side to Brexit it would be easy to do and people wouldn’t even notice, until things started to become much better in those fabled ‘sunny uplands’.

That seems a long way from leavers admitting things might be bad but that we will pull through it with our ‘Blitz spirit’, without pointing out that we didn’t vote to be bombed, thousands died in those bombings and, by the way, where did the sunny uplands go?

Now we know of the emergency planning for a no deal Brexit but I presume (and hope) that the civil service has also been commissioned to compile other scenarios for all types of Brexit to see if any of them actually benefit the UK, I think those should also be published for public viewing.

Because from all available information any kind of Brexit seems like a bad idea and it seems to me that leavers have stopped talking of cake and sunny uplands and are just repeating the false claim that it is what ‘the people’ voted for so we have to go through with it whatever harm it might cause.

6. wooleeheron

Might makes right, which is why right wingers always attempt to own the dictionary and adopt whatever rationale they want for stabbing everyone in the back. Its really just Three Stooges slapstick, but for all the juicy details I also recommend Gonzo the Muppet and Groucho Marx. Gonzo is "Lawyers in love". Only after you have a firm grasp on the simple crap, do I recommend professional wrestling and reality TV, in small doses.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Leave 17,410,742 51.89%
    Remain
    16,141,241 48.11%

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Did 17 million people voted for a no deal Brexit

The myth that all the people that voted for Brexit voted for the same thing is one that some leavers are still pushing.

It also has to be remembered that it was very close the difference between leave and remain was 3.8 percent or 1.3 million in favour of Leave.

The problem with the first referendum - as has been explained many times in this thread - is that people had many differing views on what voting to the leave the EU actually meant (and for many it was a protest vote that had nothing to do with Europe)

IT WAS A SPLIT VOTE.

Many on the leave side didn’t know what kind of leave they were voting for

While ALL those that voted to remain knew they were voting to remain.

The other thing is that in the referendum even the leaver leadership ruled out a No Deal Brexit, they said time and again that would be bad and would never happen, it was always that they could get a ‘better deal’. The whole idea of a No Deal was called ‘project fear’ by the leaver leadership, no deal was something to be feared – in other words - to not be voted for.

Only later when the true complexities and pitfalls of a Brexit became clear did the simplistic No Deal idea take root.

And in conversations with people, what I’ve read and listened to since then and looking at what members of Parliament have indicated many of the people that might vote for a Theresa May deal and the majority that would for a single market and customs union deal would not vote for a No Deal (seeing it as dangerous)

9. wooleeheron

The sheer volume of the corruption being uncovered is a warning sign, that sanity is not possible in the long run.

10. Maxxy

Maxxy Members

I voted Remain cos all the Countrys in the EU are Majority White

NO DONT LIE There was no way more than 1,000,000 more people voting to Leave the EU than Remain. I mean Come on, Who cares about countries Outside the EU, I mean look at some of the IDIOTIC COUNTRIES outside the EU Pakistan, Saudi, The Whole of Africa. Its full of NON WHITES so just COME ON.

NOTE: I AM Black.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, I'm not touching that argument

At least you are honest I suppose

12. Mayvern

Mayvern Members

"The EU army stuff is bullshit."

The EU army is NOT bullshit. They are already talking about it.

"What control?"

Control about chocolate and bananas and many other items.. You can only buy bananas from Martinique (A French colony.) Other Caribbean islands can't sell to the EU.

"What do you want to put in your food that is prohibited by been in the EU?"

The British Fishermen are angry, the EU can fish anywhere in British waters and the UK cannot stop it.

"The US has explained quite clearly that any trade deal with the US will meant the end of the NHS as a public body to be replaced"

NO Trump said that. When (not if) we are free of the EU we can create trade deals with any nation on earth We will NOT be restricted to the whims of the EU bureaucracy.

Any intelligent, educated and thinking Brit will understand all this.

Before you reply and try to shout me down I urge you to do a little thinking about the future of Britain in the EU.

13. Mayvern

Mayvern Members

And you do not believe the EU is feeding the remainers with money and promises"

14. Mayvern

Mayvern Members

By the way. I understand a fast Brexit will cause a problem for a while. Remember the EU exports much more to the UK than the UK exports to the UK.

After a no deal Brexit the German car manufacturers and drug will be SCREAMING along with the French farmers for being unable to export to the UK.
    As Nigel Farage has said Britain will not be the last to leave the EU.

15. wooleeheron

Its empire baby, and the banks control everything except the Pentagon, but not for lack of trying. Your own Swiss bank accounts and entrenched wealth are what caused two world wars, because wealthy people can always take their money elsewhere and, in fact, they invested in the US right after WWII. No sense throwing good money after bad once you've already got everything you can. The entire country of Lithuania only exists as a tax shelter for the wealthy, and the US keeps the wealth in our own country, only because we are the largest exporter in the world and our largest manufactured export is weapons! Weapon-R-US, and we fund half of NATO so we can maintain the peace and sell both the EU and the entire middle east half their weapons. Coo-coo clocks just don't sell that well anymore, while my father worked on automated lathes and milling machines, to replace all those disciplined German machinists.

After building a national highway system and all those skyscrapers, China is now automating their entire electronics assembly line which occupies most of those buildings, while its been possible to replace virtually every bureaucrat in DC and every public school teacher with computers for years now. The EU's only strategy that I can figure is to support the banks like the rest of us and complain on a regular basis. There are a lot of good computer programmers and whatnot in the EU, which are also about to be automated out of existence by AI. If you don't follow the money and the technology, your political opinions are worthless in the long run. Brexit is nothing more then the British raising hell again, throwing a fit over the fact they don't rule the waves anymore and have to bend over for the banks like the rest of us.

All the political promises are merely the politicians telling the mindless masses what they want to hear, because the truth sucks and there's nothing they can do about it. We needed a theory of everything fifty years ago so we could break out of this sad comedy and create a better world, but its coming soon. The only thing worse than depending on capitalism and unknown science to save your bacon, is depending on totalitarian communism or religion, which are about as progressive as mules and every bit as inhumane as rapid badgers. The entire workaholic Japanese and white populations of the US and EU are imploding faster than any others on the planet, just in time to be replaced by automation.

Doctors across the US are experiencing record burnout and fatigue, rushing to develop AI that can replace them. Complain all you want, but people will still buy cheap crap at Walmart rather than pay more for their independence, which isn't likely to last long anyway without the banks. Once most of the US military is automated, all bets are off. You have to think about the long term when it comes to politics, and a world economy run by money made selling better guns is not a promising future. The whole situation depressed the hell out of me for the longest time, and I spent my entire life trying to make more sense out of it, because its all too easy to assume we are all damned in hell and don't know it, but I finally figured it out, only to have to dedicate every waking hour for the last 12 years working on the linguistics and mathematics.

The universe is self-correcting and self-organizing, but it never hurts to give it a helping hand. I had always hoped somebody else would write the damned thing, because I had to crack the English language before I could even start to seriously develop the physics and logistics, and its only vaguely like anything I've ever come across, while I'm just a brain damaged mentally deranged hippie dippy with only a high school education, who was just too damned curious and unwilling to accept this is the best we can do. Even after figuring out how to work out everything, I knew damned well it would require at least a dozen years hard work and nobody would ever believe me until I made it all but impossible to ignore the truth.

People suck, but we come by it naturally and most of the bullshit and confusion is just caused by fighting over words all the time. But, words and awareness and consciousness are not what we've all been taught to assume. Like the rest of the universe, they growing, self-correcting, and self-organizing, making it possible to speed up the process and enlighten the entire world to a significant degree overnight. I estimate it will require anywhere from 3-7 generations for the process to become more or less complete and the situation to stabilize, and another 300 years or so before the sciences slow to a crawl, and another 4,000 years before it can all be applied to the benefit of humanity. That's a long time, but nothing compared to the million years we spent in the jungle throwing spears.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

May

A European integrated army has long been a dream of the European project, I mean the European project was about trying to stop the wars that have often plagued Europe through greater union and what better way than having one European army. It has often been discussed but hasn’t really moved beyond that. And as many have pointed out we could have vetoed it.

So you are saying the UK can only import bananas from Martinique well a quick internet search seems to say that isn’t the case – can you tell us where you got that information from?

Bananas from Latin America dominate fruit imports, followed by apples from France and South Africa. Spain provides over half of all mandarins and recently surpassed South Africa as the top orange supplier. Pineapples from Costa Rica peaked in 2011. The UK imports about 85% of vegetables from the EU.

Where bananas are grown | Banana Link

I ask again "What do you want to put in your food that is prohibited by been in the EU?"

Fisheries (0.12% of the UK economy) have been a powerful symbol for Brexiteers. They may now become one of the starkest examples of the folly of no deal.

British shellfish sales to the EU (mostly France and Spain) are worth £430m a year – more than a quarter of all UK fish exports by value. They are vital to small-scale fishermen in Scotland and the West Country. They will be devastated overnight if the UK loses paper-free access to the EU single market.

The promised instant bonanza for longer-distance British fishing fleets has also drifted into a fog bank.

A ‘Brexit bonanza’ for UK fishing? That’s a fishy tale with an unhappy ending | John Lichfield
    Here’s why not everyone in fishing is excited about Brexit

And the US ambassador so yes the US has explained quite clearly that any trade deal with the US will meant the end of the NHS as a public body to be replaced

I’ve been through this before but let’s see what you know – can you explain what you mean by this?

LOL well you would think that any intelligent, educated and thinking person would have looked up where bananas are imported from into the UK [it was a simple google search] but well…..

Thing is beyond what seems like simplistic slogans you don’t seem to have given us any rational and reasonable reasons why you think leaving will be good for the UK economy?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

May

For fuck sake are people still pushing the German car manufacturer’s argument –

Oh yes I remember when we were told that as soon as Article 50 was triggered the German car manufacturers would be straight into Meckel demanding we get a ‘better deal’ than the one we have – then they didn’t do that

So then we were told that when it looked like we might crash out the German car manufacturers would be straight into Meckel demanding we get a ‘good deal’ – then that didn’t happen

And now you are saying that once we have crashed out (and royally pissed off our European trading partners) that the German car manufacturers will then be going to Meckel demanding we get a deal.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me – but do leavers really want to try and fool us a third time.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

A study has been made on what the consequences of a hard Brexit would likely have on each EU countries GDP.

The country that loses the most in terms of GDP, around 1%, is Ireland. This is expected given its geographic proximity, common language and historical ties with the UK. The second largest decline in GDP from a no-deal Brexit is observed for Cyprus, at around 0.2% of its GDP. This result is surprising to some extent given the distance of Cyprus from the UK. But it could be explained by common institutions (Cyprus was a colony of the UK until 1960) as well as the close historical and business ties between the two islands.

After Ireland and Cyprus, the vast majority of EU countries will face a decline of their GDP from 0.18% (Spain) to just below 0.1% (Croatia). And the last group of EU countries, from Central and Eastern Europe, will have among the lowest decline in GDP. Hungary with 0.08% and Austria with 0.03% of GDP.

It is interesting to note that the four biggest EU27 countries will face a small drop in their GDP in the case of a No Deal Brexit scenario. Germany faces a 0.16% drop; France, 0.17%; Italy, 0.14%, and Spain, 0.18%.

Hence, the overall effect on the EU27 will be a fairly small decline in their combined GDP – a weighted average of 0.17%.

In comparison, we find that a no-deal Brexit will reduce the UK’s GDP by a staggering 5.8% of GDP.

These results can easily be understood when we consider the fact that each individual EU country trades much more with the rest of the EU as a whole than just the UK.

Agelos Delis - Lecturer in Economics, Aston University

Karen Jackson -Senior Lecturer in Economics, University of Westminster

Oleksandr Shepotylo - Lecturer in Economics, Aston University

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, a whole 0.2% to 1% for probably less than 3 months. Lolzzzzz

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Where on earth are you getting that from?

Remainers really have to resort to such blatant scaremongering lies?