Reverting to your past.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lode, Jan 31, 2009.

1. lode

lode Banned

You ever revert back to you childhood? I think a lot of people do at some point. I 've seen a lot of grown people do it around their parent s.

I did it today. I'm buying a car Friday, so I got no cash all week. My immediate instict was to go to walmart and walk arond eating a sandwich . So I did, because it was instictual.

The thing is, now I'm no longer a kid and I have a roommate and friends who would let me borrow money. I have things I could pawn, and if I went to the atm, I could get cash.

Incedentally the experience was a blessing, it gave me a great idea for a scene. :biggrin:

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

revert back to what???
    it all becomes a part of you over time...you dont so much revert as more like...channel yourself(s)...like around children, i always tend to find that part of me thats 5-10 years old...its hard for me around teenagers though...their fuckups are THEIRS...i made my own and i sound too much like an adult that they dont like when im around them...as for my parents...im me, straight out...we agree and we dissagree...

3. lode

lode Banned

Fair enough.

4. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I revert to acting like a kid around my mom all of the time.... if she says no to me or pisses me off, I give her the silent treatment like a little 5 year old would do. haha. no eye contact, nothing

but around everyone else I sort of am just laid back and have a 'whatever it doesn't really matter' kind of attitude

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I pretty much still am a kid. Soon as the Dairy Queen uniform comes off, the 12 year old inside me takes over. And then I realize , poor as fuck as I may be, I am doing exactly what 12 year old me would've always wanted to do. I'm proud as fuck of myself these days.

6. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Today when I was sitting in the dining table eating an orange with John and drinking juice, I said to him that I felt like a little kid :)

Eating fruits, specially when they are cut up nicely, make me feel like a 5 year old.

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Daniel gave me a slice of his orange the other day. It was the first orange slice I'd had since I was 4 years old. It was nuts.

8. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

John cut up the orange all nice and we shared it. It was the first orange I've had outside of Dominican Republic.

It felt extra special and it was the baby's first orange too!

It was so yummy too. We have more, he also got a grapefruit, some more oranges and bananas.

9. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

good point jerry.... most troubles in one's self are basically tied to childhood issues

10. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i do from time to time very rarely though. i didin`t really like my childhood and there is not much in it i`d like to remember.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

grapefruit sounds great!

anyway, i think that children are just the raw essence. our adult personas are the same as those of our childhoods, only with more layers, more added, more experience, more everything......

its not that we don't change, it's that the fundamentals are VERY stubborn, and it takes extenuating circumstances to remove from us who we were as children......

i think most of us always retain it.

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Yep, and you know I was hitting that Rakia with a glass of Looza Peach nectar :cheers2:

13. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

you drink ракия :eek:
    that`s awesome :cool:

14. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Yea! Unfortunatley the ONLY bottle they import around Philadelphia is the Maraska Slivovitz from Croatia, but it is really good so Im not complaining!
    My stepdad has a bunch of Raki homemade from Albania (that's where my step family is from) that his Albanian friends keep bringing him, but I have no idea how they have so much. It's way more potent than the bottles from the store, but I love the way it tastes :D

15. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

slivovitza is cool, but kaisieva is even better, its made by apricots. You should try putting some honey inside it. Its a great combination .

16. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

i reckon i revert to childhood quite a bit. i like watching old cartoons. that always makes me feel like a kid again, also i sometimes get inside the duvet and read a book with a torch when its cold out........i used to do that all the time as a kid. and me and my hubby always mess around like a couple of kids. we may just be silly though.

17. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

hahah, this is funny

a few weeks ago i had to be "retaught" how to use the dishwasher :D

18. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I dunno actually about reverting to childhood.
    But I think our personalities are pretty much formed at a young age.
    And alot of the things that made me happy as a kid , sort of make me happy sometimes today.. So...who knows?

19. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

FUCKIN' TANK GIRL!!! right on. i love those pics.

i was eerily mature as a child. i'm immature now. it's way better. even the bad stuff i do is better than being a 45 year old in a teeny tiny body.

20. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

do i need to have another epic dishwasher-loading tantrum?:toetap05: