Revegetation questions...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by Trader, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Trader

Trader Member

Have recently harvested a plant that came from unknown source. Unfortunately didn't know how nice it would turn out and did not clone plant.
    Cut the plant down from about 5 feet to 1 1/2 feet after taking most buds/branches off. Left a handfull (10) of small bud stems on...along with their respective buds...and now have moved it to the 24 hr. light room. No "regular" leaves left on plant...just buds and their small leaves around them, ie; no foliage of note.

Have I ruined my chances of revegetation...?? As soon as moisture runs out I will be giving it the 'nutes'...but for now it just looks like it's hanging on.

Anyone have time frames from revegetation efforts??

TKS

2. brainboy

brainboy Member

Reveging can take up to about 6 weeks, you should start seeing new shoots eventually.

3. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

as brainboy said it can take from 4-6 weeks. Couple things real quick, i would move them to a 18/6 cycle instead of the 24/0. In my experience with revegging, they respond a bit better with a "night" period. Give em a good dose of N to help green up the leaves and help induce veg growth. Other than that just give it time and they will bounce right back.

4. Trader

Trader Member

Wow....6 weeks...who would have thought.

Thanks for the reply...I was worried I might have killed the plant. Hopefully I've left enough bud material on the stems to make it. I'll give it some nutes when it dries a bit more.

TKS

5. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

It's not the buds you need to reveg, it's the leaves. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

6. Trader

Trader Member

Ha...yeh, the leaves. Trouble is, the leaves fell off a bit ago and all the plant had when I harvested it was buds and the little leaves around them. No fan leaves, etc., whatsoever.

I don't have a room for 18/6...yet...as the reveg'rs are living with the new seedlings.

All I'd be able to do is wait for last plant to finish in flower-room and then adjust the timer.

We'll see....

TKS

7. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

the only thing I have to add to all this good advise from above is to add SUPER THRIVE to your nutes

8. Trader

Trader Member

Unfortunately I've not seen any growth on the stalk. I think it went too far before I kicked it back into the 24/hr light room.

Now just looking at just dry, grayish stalk now...with dead buds and not too happy.

Oh well.

9. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

Revegging is possible! It sounds like a good deal! But is it, really?

This is just my point of view, others may disagree. The myth about revegging includes a lot of "assuming" or "misinformation". People actually believe that they can double thier harvest with very little extra effort. The truth is much less appealing. I tried it a couple of times and my "reveg" yield was only about 25% of the original ("Your results at home may vary!"). By the time you have nursed your plants back into veg mode and gone through another flowering cycle with them - you have used up the time of almost a whole grow (if not as much or more time!).
    So my point is this: why waste all that time (and electric bill) to get a 25% return, when you can restart from scratch and get a full harvest in about the same time?
    Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea!

10. Trader

Trader Member

Yeah...
    Actually I was only reveging to hopefully get some clones. The stuff was great...but alas, not to be.
    Now looking at new little plants veging along! Hopefully some will show the same "type".
    (The type being, 3-4 ft., heavy resin, great bud formation (off on their own shoots), and sweet smelling)
    TKS

11. alloway83

alloway83 Guest

hi. i was wondering if reveggin was even worth it.. or should i jus start new seedlings when im flowering my other plants? if any one can help me plz do!! and if u could e-mail the answers to me at alloway83@hotmail.com.

plz and ty