Reusing Recyclables

Discussion in 'Recycling' started by lovelyxmalia, Feb 27, 2011.

1. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I wanted to start a thread to inspire people to reuse rather than throw away. For instance, what do you give new life to that most people would consider garbage?

I've been taking glass jars that food comes in and making them into cute candle holders.

I also reuse a lot of different boxes (like Tampax Pearl boxes) and use them for organization. My favorites are shoe boxes and I use cereal boxes for files/papers.

I take used printer paper for note-taking when people call or I need to make grocery lists.

There's plenty more that I can't think of at the moment, but it'll come to me!

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I use old CDs with files I no longer need as coasters.

Used printer paper is good for printing non-important things on the reverse side.

You can also gut out old oversized ballpoint pens and use them as pencil extenders. I use colored pencils a lot and they come in handy for that when my pencils get too small after lots of sharpening.

3. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I use Freecycle which is a site that has a bunch of different towns/cities where you can give stuff away and request things you want for free. I love it! I got a beautiful table off there and some things for my new house when I didn't have money to buy anything.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, freecycle is big around here.