Returning america back to its roots

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by DarthDva, Feb 7, 2021.

1. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Circumcision’s Psychological Damage

Results for the Global Survey of Circumcision Harm

and yet European males are perfectly fine without circumcision, psuedoscience is not needed to justify why backwards medical malpractices are forced unto patients.

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

This doesn't seem to be a scientific survey. I gather the respondents were not randomly selected. And the source which you provide to tell us about it is obviously crude propaganda--guys sitting on the ground with their heads in their hands, lurid stories about suicides, etc. Sounds almost as bad as the heartbreak of psoriasis.
    And most U.S. males are "perfectly fine" with it, suggesting no big deal either way. About three-quarters of U.S. males have had the procedure done. Most aren't complaining.
    This is the first piece of supporting evidence you've provided that I think is worthy of serious consideration. Why? First of all, it's written by Dr. Navarez, an author with impressive credentials: retired psychology professor from Notre Dame, identified as one of the top 2% of scientists worldwide, former editior of The Journal of Moral Education, etc. Second, she provides facts to back up her position; research on the effects of pain in infants. I'm not convinced by her evidence because herevidence of a direct link between infant trauma and adult problems seems tenuous, but at least she's on the right track. Note: she's challenging announced CDC guidelines promoting circmumcison for male children, meaning she's challenging expert consensus. I suspect medical promotion of circumcision in kids is similar to the promotion of tonsillectomies in kids on a routine basis back in the fifties and early sixties--may have benefits, but also carries risks and is probably unnecessary. If so, the practice will probably subside as insurance companies cease to cover it. That, of course, doesn't address the religious issue, which raises a whole different set of issues Dr. Navarez may not be equipped to deal with. Any effort to go after circumcision at that level is bound to encounter blowback from people who have been through the Holocaust and think the practice is sacred and defining. BTW, I'm neither a Jew nor a Muslim, so I have no dog in this hunt, other than an interest in resisting overbearing extremists on HF.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    wrat1 likes this.
  3. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Most USA males are fine with a mediocre deteriorating culture and low wages also, so that doesn't prove anything.

Having a pro-circumcision or laissez-faire position on circumcision is inherently extremist, you are trying to justify why people shouldn't have the right to not have mutilated genitals. People are victims of very serious medical consent violations and you are trying to explain why that is somehow not a bad thing.

I am a rationalist. So I have no patience for backwards superstitious religious customs that brainwash and peer pressure kids into manufactured consent.

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I doubt that, but if they are, they're entitled to their values.

People should have the right to follow the advice of the physician(s) of their choice, and to make decisions for their children that seem to be in keeping with the best medical advice.

I doubt that.
    Your lack of patience for people who disagree with your opinions is your own business, but it's no reason we should admire you for your bigotry.

wrat1 likes this.
  5. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Source: Superbowl and modernity. Signs of a rapidly deteriorating culture and civilization on the verge of collapse.

Children are human beings, they don't automatically have to do everything their parent recommends. For instance, if the parent wants to drive off a cliff the child has a right not to be in the car driving off a cliff.

Opposing backwards primitive ways doesn't make me a bigot. I actually enjoy middle eastern cuisine.

Secondly, I think burkas are a good concept. Most people would shame me for that. Burka shaming in of itself is anti-semetic, since burkas are muslim and muslims are semites.

6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Continuing to reply to you would simply give you oxygen. If you're not a troll, you're the next worst thing. I'll leave you to others who have the time.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Tyrsonswood and wrat1 like this.
  7. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Call me a troll if it makes you feel better about yourself. But it doesn't prove that circumcision isn't a human rights violation.

They are entitled to their values only if their values do not cause significant harm to others. So for instance, if a parent believes in circumcision, that doesn't give them the right to circumcise an infant. Or, if a parent believes crossdressing is wrong that doesn't give them the right to ban their teen from crossdressing.

8. Aquarius8

Aquarius8 Members

The USA has less than 5 years left, did Jan 6th taught us something? Our country is said to be the strongest the world has ever seen, but I'm certain the cultural divide which began in the 1960s, intensified in the 1990s and now where we are...we're headed into a civil war. I doubt we're a free country like "freedom of speech" is a cultural belief, then again, discussing any politics, religion, finance and morality are treated like it's wrong.