Return of the draft in USA ?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by marisco, May 25, 2004.

1. marisco

marisco Member

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

3. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I'm for the draft. It will get some of these lazy punks off their ass and doing something to honor their country.

4. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Whoa, hey. I'm lazy, but I love this country and am not a punk. I actually used to be involved in a paramilitary group, but I left becuase of bad leadership.
    Besides, I have asthma.

5. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

they shouldnt even need the draft teenagers should be willing to VOLUNTEER to go to war, i know if the draft comes around im forging my parents sig cause im going to fight for my country

6. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Holy fuck, that article was bullshit. An oligarchy orchestrating 9/11? Bullshit. Give me a real source and I'll give you some credit.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

All this talk of an impending draft reinstatement in 2005 is nothing but a bunch of election-time politics, and people are too gullible to realize when the wool is being pulled over their eyes apparantly (after all, if it comes from the left it must automatically be true). This is basically a scare-tactic of sorts being pushed by the Kerry campaign.

I'll start losing sleep once I see some real evidence.

Of course two congressmen have so far proposed a reinstatement of the draft, but it would never pass, let alone make it to the floor to begin with. It's also kind of suspicious that one of these congressmen proposing the bill is Chuck Rangel, a Democrat.

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

The armed forces themselves don't like the draft.

9. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

what i want to know is why canada and mexico have recently signed agreements with the usa stating that we wont harbour draft dodgers. to me, that certainly makes the possibility of an american draft seem very real.

10. Rassia

Rassia Member

The chances of this getting passed are probably pretty slim as it would cause a huge political uproar. Even those who approve of and condone our presence in Iraq would be thinking twice if their own children were called into service. On the other hand though a date has been set for the "passing of sovereignty" to an interim government, there has been no estimation made to the time of the withdrawal of our troops. If we were to withdraw sometime in the near future Iraq would completely fall apart, a tragedy which the US would be blamed for. We are committed to installing a democratic government in Iraq which is going to be a very difficult, long term project considering the number of religious groups vying for control. In fact, it might not be possible at all. But I digress. My point is that this project is going to need a lot of manpower and a draft might be the only way to ensure it.

11. God

God Member

let the draft get passed. it is what is needed to wake up and motivate the apathetic generation of youth to do something. as for us, i think all of us are intelligent enough to see through the lie that Iraq is, and would never even think of going to fight for a lie.

12. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Who was talking about you, anyway?

13. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

That's fucking sick. Basically that's saying we're tired of our trained soldiers dying and we need human shields.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/u_s__draft.html

And then you will having people saying "oh don't worry about it, it will never happen." You're right, of course it won't happen BEFORE the election! I hate this shit. They're trying to trap you and force you kill or be killed. This nation is ran by very sick individuals.

14. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Agreed. I sure as hell am not fighting this rediculous Bush war. Bullshit...no way. I am so anti-millitary...and I'm glad their fucking war is more important than higher education!

Excuse my language...::blush::

15. Megara

Megara Banned

anti military? Just know that many people have died in our military so you *COULD* be anti military.

16. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Gosh I'd be such a lousy combatant, I'd be annihilated in the first minute of battle if I didn't successfully desert first. I think it's in the Army's best interests as well as my own to not reinstate the draft, 'cuz otherwise they'll get people like me.:p

At any rate, I don't think the draft is going to be resurrected anytime soon. It's too much of a political landmine.

17. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I am anti-war, Im not a murder. Killing is killing no matter how I look at it. Like the bible says those who take up the sword shall die by the sword. I refuse all military action. I am even anti government, at least the curent one. I also consider myself a real american. To me a real american is one who will stand up for there beliefs and stick with it. I dont belive in government or military but Everybody else can belive and do what they want, that is the american way! SAY NO TO VIOLENCE!

18. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Oh...that's not what I meant...

I meant that it wasn't for me...that's what I meant....

oh goodness...I have so much respect for the people who willingly give their lives...I just....I couldn't...and I won't fight in a war...I just won't....I can't fight for something I don't believe in...

Sorry if what I said before came off weird...I was kinda pissed...