Respect the gender spectrum

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 14, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What you call class I attach to a lot of other social and personal views. It's not the job I have an issue with it's what they do after hours. Views that harm the economy and society as a whole for selfish reasons. In general if you choose to work in a mine you are more likely to for example have raicst views or deny a gender spectrum

It's not a a requirement for employment just likely.

I will never feel shamed for getting educated. It does not make me "better". One of my best friends growing up only went to auto tech school and had to come back for a second year of senior year of high school. He makes good money now.

but I am often reminded why I made the right choice. You can think I have the issue well in my experience I also get a lot of judgment for my job. There is a resentment coming from the idea my life is "easy" and that I don't have to work as hard from blue collar people. Same crap you have seen here implying a feminine or ignorant person is typing. If I don't get dirt on my nails I am not a man even if I make 3x dirt guy I'm not smart enough for them.

That is correct I don't since I worked hard when you were fine settling out of high school. Take that as you will. I don't mean to judge. I am just proud of what I have done and see education as the real answer to any young man wanting a good life. NOT doing what his father did in hard labor necessarily.

Perhaps it sounds arrogant but I brush off the hate and think "yeah they have made their life really hard. So I can relate to that. It's not about me it's the middle class struggle" which even I deal with.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think one thing you're neglecting to mention or maybe even think about is the number of college grads out there who haven't been able to find positions in their field or are working in their field but are underpaid and drowning in student loan debt.

Versus a blue collar worker who may be making $40 an hour and no student loan debt

You chose the right path for you and thats great but there are many college grads who dont feel the same and who will be saddled with student loan debt for the next 2 decades.

Do you think the person who chose a blue collar trade that cant be automated, where they work as their own boss, and they make 70k a year with no student loan debt, really feels like they made the wrong choice in life?

You're trying to paint this with an extremely broad brush. Not all blue collar workers do back breaking manual labor for $12 an hour and not all white collar workers make a lot of money and live on easy street.

I'm not sure what you mean by what they do after hours, painting with a broad brush again I presume.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I have a blue collar job. Care to enlighten me on my views or how I destroy society after work?

Meliai likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

My dad was college educated, working for the state, but found a blue collar union job that paid a butt-load more money so he took it. Kept at it for 31 years.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How's the view up there in your ivory tower, Anakin?
    I’m more like a teen wolf than a bear. I’m actually getting married to @GLENGLEN so I can get Australian citizenship. ;)

GLENGLEN likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. I don't know fuck all from miners, but as far as blue collar people go...I know I'm personally not bigoted. I find it offensive that you, with one broad stroke, say that that's what "they" do after hours. I know lots of blue collar workers who will get in your face if you say anything racist, homophobic, etc. I'm also aware that, where I live, the prep school kids are big on calling other people faggots. There was a recent video, I forget from which school, of college kids saying that we need to commit Nazi-style genocide on "niggers."

I just think you have a really ill-placed resentment towards blue collar people. We're not all like that in any larger numbers than the rest of society, in my opinion. Just look at all the white collar conservatives with racist views.

You made the right choice FOR YOU, because you're satisfied. Other people are satisfied with different choices. For a college educated person, you're being very obtuse. I just think you've been separated from the working class for too long. You feel distinct from us for whatever reason, so you're making up all this bullshit about why we suck. It's really silly when you think of how outspoken blue collar people have been against racism and everything else. I said this in another post, but look no farther than punk rock if you want to see how disenfranchised people feel about society. And like it or not, that movement was hugely influential on modern progressivism. Yes, there is a dark side to the working class, but there's certainly a dark side to the upper class as well.

Irminsul likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

There's a dark side to class society, period. Guess we all agree to that.
    I'm pretty sure Unfocused ment a particular kind of blue collar worker but just as when he describes (certain) Trump supporters as nazis, it is simply put too unnuanced even when the thought is based on a valid observation

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

excellent point! :) And there's no way to contact CNN efficiently and tell them of their error.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol, i think GB was sarcastic.

12. soulcompromise

oh. I didn't know.

I guess his point is correct though. They could be like "sam smith says they identify as non-binary" but it's possible that Smith's preferred pronouns are still he/him/his etc.

EDIT:
    Sam Smith comes out as gender non-binary: 'I feel just as much woman as I am man'

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Whaaaaaaaat...???...Didn't See This One Coming....Why Am I Always The Last To Know.....??. :D

Cheers Glen.

14. 6-eyed shaman

You proposed to me last week via PM. You sounded very drunk. ;)

GLENGLEN likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

"After hours" meaning for example what 6 has said. The job does not end when the day is done. Having the job is part of their whole identity. They did not go to college so they are a good Republican. They fear education so much since it removes them from their social circle. They don't see it as a good thing. So they romanticize a way of life that does not need it to the determent of everyone else.

I know lots of people struggle with employment after college. Everyone wants experience but how do you get it?

It's sad I am the standard for "ivory tower"

Like you have such a problem with education and you attack a lot of personal poltical views on those that do. It's the only way to get anywhere. I consider myself very average and middle class. All my ranting on taxing should clue you into that. I am part of the proletariat.

17. 6-eyed shaman

It's not about your income. It's about your elitist attitude. Your posts indicate that you see blue-collared workers as inferiors.

Tell ya what though. If your "science" can prove to me that the gender spectrum exists outside the human species, and we find there are transgendered frogs, gender-nonbinary lizards, whatever-gender bats, I'll give your spectrum a 2nd chance. After all, it's well known and scientifically proven that homosexuality and bisexuality exists in lots of other animal species.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But! Are there other animals who don't know what gender they are? That's the real question.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But... Do they know I mean.
    Like. Does a male lion think hmm I should be a female lion. Like female colors on a male bird... That doesn't tell me of transexual bird, it just tells me it has different colors.

I don't even really care anyway. I'd be hell attracted to an ultra femme sissy lion boy. :p with her big mane. :D hell yeah, is a good looking lion. And if I was male lion I'd want a piece of that.

Meliai likes this.
  21. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well no, animals dont make a conscious decision that, hey, i'm going to express my feminine self today. Or if they do we certainly cant ask them :sweatsmile: they're just driven by biology.

But I think humans are also driven by biology just as much as any other animal, we just also possess the ability to overthink every little thing which muddies the waters a little bit

unfocusedanakin likes this.