Respect the gender spectrum

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 14, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I see a lot of straight males upset with how others live their life. They are quick to say anything but a hetero man or women is a mental illness. As a heterosexual male I don't see the issue and totally disagree with the characterization of something you don't like as mental illness . It shows you are not up to date on mental health treatments.

Like these people go to therapists for years before they remove or add a sexual organ. You would think these trained professionals would see a red flag. And sometimes they do on the recommendation of the mental health offical the person is not allowed to have surgery because it's clear they are not thinking clearly.

How are they affecting anything you do? They are not it's just that you are threatened by a world where kids see adults doing this. They say it confuses the kids and normalized deviancy. I don't know no matter how many men I saw in a dress as a kid I would not want to wear a dress. And we can assume many people fluid with gender now grew up with parents who disapproved. So they were never told it was OK yet they still do it. They will all say the same thing about it too. Even when I was a kid I just knew I was not like them. Even though dad yelled at me I put on my mom's lipstick. This tells me it's like being gay you are just born a certain way.

It's one of the scientific topics that is now ignored along politcal lines. In the biblical sense many Americans see gayness as wrong. And changing gender is just the next step in that mental illness. So they ignore the science and stick with the religion.

Science is always evolving. If you can present new information fields of study can shift. This is what we see with gender now. I would hope people don't rely on their personal feelings and think of the feelings of others and the logic of proving that it's more complex than X and Y chromosomes sometimes. Your rights are their rights as well.

If you don't harm anyone or wish to harm them you are free to find the love and body you want. I know I always felt like a male. So if a male feels like a women go for it. Let that freak flag fly!

With that said I do see a trend in young people where gender is also a social statement. Like some people want to be goths or punks and your want to not be cisgender. It's not necessarily about true feelings it's about the rush of pissing the man off. I think these people ruin it for those who truly need the support of peers. They make the whole idea look bad and it's so easy to hate the young generation for doing things their own way.

Gender Identity Is in the Brain. What Does This Tell Us?

The New Science of Sex and Gender

Spilled-Patchouli likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your DNA does not contain any genetic information.

DNA codes for proteins, regulates when certain proteins are made, manages the makeup of cells

There are 804 genes in the X chromosome in humans, 70 in the Y chromosome. Outside of proteins that regulate hormones, not one of those genes has been shown to be involved in sex determination.

Its ALL just a chemical process. You end up with a more "female" brain or "male" one its about a long list of chemical reactions based on what and how much certain proteins were available at very specific times in your development.

The vast majority of those genes in your x chromosome are non binding genes, scientists still have absolutely no clue what they are for

morrow and wilsjane like this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This is what we learned about chromosomes as they pertain to intersex individuals. It is interesting, but I think that the gender spectrum has much more interesting information from a social standpoint.

This site, Understanding Gender seems to have a comprehensive and relatively concise representation of gender.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This is interesting. Rocco, a transgender activist, used to identify as a homosexual female. Now he's popular, and knows lots about trans and gender.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Got to love how OP point out their hetrosexualness and tells trans people to let their freak flag fly. You go girl..

SuzanneAU1977, FlashG and bugsboner like this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What do you mean exactly? Point out who's heterosexualness (his own i assume, or that of transgenders?) and what's the issue with or concern about it?
    Thanks in advance for clarifying

9. unfocusedanakin

I like to be an ally of people different to me. If that makes me somehow feminine to you that is your issue. I'm not insulted since women are good. I am proud as a male to embrace the things thought of "female emotions" only such as compassion.

Look at 6's video for example. That is the thinking I am against.

jpdonleavy likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

As I've told you before this whole Soy thing is not scientific and just shows what a bigoted fool you are. You can not change your body with what you eat in this way.

I played football, I had sex with women, I don't know i've done some manly things in my time. Real men care and stand up for others. They do not worry about proving this to other men.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All that concerns me, as an ally, is the children.

Adults can fight their own fights.

I do wish we'd evolve enough so that everyone knew exactly how to treat their questioning/developing children.

Humans are so far behind thanks to, for one thing, Abrahamic Religion.

We can't fix everybody by arguing and fighting.

I think those of us with true love and compassion can spread it one person at a time. Maybe one day all the people in the world will feel free.

parua, wilsjane and tumbling.dice like this.
  12. unfocusedanakin

Kids with these gender thoughts turn into the adults with them. You have to be 18 to decide to change sex and probably years of therapy after that before a doctor will accept you want it. Some parents might consent to things like hormone therapy to start under 18 many will not.

I agree though just spread the compassion.

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

If you're wound up so much by this soy boy diss, then it's likely that you consume copious amounts of phytoestrogens in soy yourself.

I have a hard time "respecting" the idea that a "gender spectrum" even exists. Because there are only 2 genders. I know how to sew, and I also have at least 2 pink shirts that look good on me. While these characteristics are traditionally feminine, these traits do not make me any less of a man. My testosterone levels are normal for a man my age. Which is good considering the average testosterone levels in American men 20% from 2 decades ago. Which means that the average testosterone levels decrease 1% with each new year.

Generational decline in testosterone levels observed

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm not 100% but I read it as pointing out he is still calling them "freaks", whether on their side or not.

15. unfocusedanakin

I have given you "facts and logic" to quote the alt-right

If you want to have the feeling that it's not right it's up to you. The scientific agreement is that biologically there is variation in birth genetics.

If you want to do some groundbreaking research and change that well school starts again in the summer. Enroll in some classes and get the degree you need.

16. unfocusedanakin

The "freak flag" is an old hippie term. Seems people think I am calling a trans person a freak in a negative way. No, more like embracing who they are. "Freak" is not bad. I apologize for the term.

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah, I didn't really mind... Was just trying to explain/guess to Asmo. I could be wrong what O was saying anyway.

Asmodean likes this.
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that your original question focuses too much on the connection between sexual preference and mental illness.
    I worked with a guy fore more than 30 years before he invited me to dinner at his home one evening and I realized that his partner was male. People like that, probably account for the vast majority of homosexuals in the world, but we are just unaware.
    On the other hand, I would think that a guy walking into an environment (be it social or work) who felt it necessary to inform everyone that he was gay within the first hour has some form of mental issues.
    I think that this stereotypical image exists more on the screen than in real life.

jpdonleavy likes this.
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Head of video for Grindr

Kindr on Grindr - basically making videos to try teach LGBTQ not to be prats towards each other. People using the app, the demographic would probably be actually something like 70% bi guys, 20% gay guys, 1% trans, 5% lesbians. That is, for the most part his work is trying to stop closeted bi guys trolling the MTF trans or gay male twinks

What the reality really is, most of it comes from within our own community, nowadays anyway

Apart from that makes no doubt a nice amount of money doing trans friendly training at universities, that would be training where the University likes to advertize its pro active on these isssues, but doesnt really implement anything

But if you think Rocco knows a lot about trans and gender.....its not rocket science, meds, operations, therapy sessions. And you will never hear him publically say what things like kindr are actually for

soulcompromise likes this.
  20. Phoenix55

Phoenix55 Members

There's only male and female gender, it's defined by the genitals.

CloudyMushroom likes this.