Republicans show their true selves

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Mar 15, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Two democrat members of the Tennessee legislature wrote a bill condemning white supremacists and Nazis and they couldn't even get a second from the republicans, let alone vote on on it. Shoulda' known. I don't know how these people look themselves in the mirror--they are soulless.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

im guessing the others are more into free speech and equal rights

Noserider and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  3. scratcho

I'm sure that's the reason. Yeah. There were no rights taken away or intended to be taken away. It was to be a statement on how they felt about those groups. Nice try tho.

stormountainman likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is so ironic though.

What do you think white supremacists want to do, to just sit around and talk about oppressing the rights of minorities

Of course not. If they had a chance they would suppress free speech and other rights of anyone who doesnt look and think like them

And yet thats the first argument people go to when defending them ...Ohhh well what about the rights of these innocent people whose ideology involves suppressing the rights of others. ..

Yes they have the right to talk about their extremely misguided world view but you're naive as fuck if you think they want to stop short of doing anything beyond talking.

5. scratcho

These right wingers will countenance ANYTHING. Why the spiff would --in effect---repeat--in effect-----stick up for them.

6. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

What's the expectation from such a bill? A slip of paper that says what we already know, supremacists and "Nazis" are sucky people. It would accomplish nothing else. It's a waste of time, especially when you consider how many of them are still around. The press would have you thinking there was a klansman under every rock. Instead they can barely muster a dozen people for a protest.

Instead of applauding them for refusing to waste valuable government time on a VERY minor issue, why not whine about it instead. Yea, that'll show 'em.

Monkey Boy likes this.
  7. Kerri

Kerri Members

it’s ironic to me that these are the people that think their genes are superior. Clearly they don’t own mirrors

8. scratcho

Yeah--go ahead--stick up for em'! Fuckin'hell!

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It's Tennessee for Christ's sake. What do you expect?

Noserider and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  10. Kerri

Kerri Members

The problem is the nation isn’t sure if the party in power is aligned with white supremacists. That’s the point of the bill - to make the GOP take a stand.

scratcho likes this.
  11. GeorgeJetStoned

Did you ever consider that this was all designed to put you into the exact frame of mind you're in? Think about it. Team A says "what can we do to make team B look bad? I know, let's make them LOOK like they somehow support a bunch of yahoos that nobody really cares about"
    So, how do they do that? Simple, prop up a useless bit of legislation that basically does nothing for anybody beyond making some people FEEL better. So Team A introduces the "Denounce Sucky People" bill. Team B realizes it's a stupid waste of time and tables any reaction to it. Team A then shouts from the rooftops "See, we have PROOF that Team B supports sucky people, we win we win" and the happy dance ensues.

Meanwhile, nothing real has been accomplished and time has been wasted.

mcme likes this.
  12. scratcho

Yeah OK--you win. Waste of time declaring they are antithetical to a decent democracy. And by the way---I didn't say they couldn't speak. They have every right to.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Then what's the harm in supporting the bill? It's politically stupid not to vote for it.

stormountainman, Meliai and scratcho like this.
  14. GeorgeJetStoned

The fact these fringe groups can't get a single dollar should be the most powerful indicator of all. Consider how much money the democrats get from unions as opposed to what republicans get from groups like the NRA. Why don't republicans take money from the KKK? Simple, because the KKK doesn't have any money, so they can't even buy support.

If you're going to muse about "racism" in the republican party, and I'd never say it was impossible, you need to be just as thorough ferreting out the racism in the democrat party. Racism isn't a political system, it's a moral failing and it happens to all races on the planet. Assigning it to a political party is pure folly.

15. GeorgeJetStoned

I stated that already, it's a waste of time and solves nothing. Seriously the day after this passed it would be forgotten and the familiar tunes would be playing just as loudly. It's like asking a crook to admit they're a crook, if they do, you know they're a crook, if they don't, you still think they're a crook. It's a useless word game. Especially in politics.

16. Kerri

Kerri Members

Not all republicans are white supremecists but all white supremecists are republican. What do you think these people are Obama supporters. Hate crimes are through the roof since jack ass became president. It’s not a coincidence. The bill was a litmus test for the GOP and their response answered the question

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I don't think so. If this bill is just a passing concern then there is no reason not to vote for it, unless you're attempting to appeal to some minor segment of your base.

Kerri and scratcho like this.
  18. scratcho

You ever been in a union? Do you know the history of unions and why they were formed? You said unions get more money from democrats. Oh--there's a reason for that because republicans do not believe in workers having rights. It's shut the fuck up and take what we give you! Fuck that. I've worked both and I KNOW the difference. I believe you do too, but maybe not.

McFuddy likes this.
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

The problems with unions is failing to modernize. They're being pushed out of existence and are only a shadow of their former glory. Letting 40,000 factories in the US get dismantled and shipped overseas only proved how ultimately powerless they are. This does not make me happy, I've watched American jobs get packaged and shipped off. The unions can't do shit about it and the government doesn't give a shit about it.

20. GeorgeJetStoned

Yea, I've heard this slogan before. It's inflexible and totally denies the possibility that anyone else can be one. That doesn't make any logical sense at all. It's like saying that republicans can't be gay or that democrats can't be mechanics. The only constant among humans is our variety of though. Trying to assign people to only 2 ways of thinking is useless.