Republicans go full-throttle death cult.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Piobaire, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

1,600 Patients Were Admitted To Single Florida Hospital System In A Day
    Florida’s total COVID-19 death count has passed 39,100.
    “Florida is a free state, and we will empower our people. We will not allow Joe Biden and his bureaucratic flunkies to come in and commandeer the rights and freedoms of Floridians.”
    Ron DeSantis

Louisiana A.G. Encourages Employees To Undermine COVID Restrictions
    On Monday, as the state’s coronavirus death toll topped 11,000, State Attorney General Jeff Landry (R) sent an email to state Department of Justice employees informing them how to avoid complying with school mask mandates for children and how to circumvent K-12 vaccine requirements, though the state doesn’t have any...by citing the Bible.

Gov. Greg Abbott bars mandates for vaccinations and masks in Texas as Texas COVID Cases Are Surging At An 'Astonishing Rate.' Hospitalizations due to coronavirus in North Texas have increased 292% over the past month, and Texas leads the nation (closely followed by Florida) in pediatric Covid hospitalizations.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

These people are not very bright, are they...

3. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

What ever happened to “My Body My Choice” are we not doing that anymore, asking for a friend

~Zen~ and Tishomingo like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

That stops when you start causing other people to get sick.

djinx, scratcho, ~Zen~ and 1 other person like this.
  5. erofant

erofant Members

I was on another completely different type of forum recently. It has a thread about corona virus / Covid-19. The majority of posters are from Midwestern U.S. states. They think all the Covid-19 case numbers are lies, told by flaming "libruls" who want to control everyone and everything. They don't believe the hospital numbers that are skyrocketing, or the death numbers of people who have died. They nit-pick wordings and claim that people died "with" Covid - not "from" Covid. They claim this is a Democratic hoax, or Biden's "agenda" to control everyone, and that masks are just another ploy to "control people." Some say they had Covid, but got over it ......... so therefore it's not a disease worth talking about. ( I guess they think the case numbers in news reports are lies made up by ALL THOSE DOCTORS WHO ARE PART OF THE PLOT and "THE AGENDA." )

Some jokers on that forum even claimed the vaccine & mask pushes are racist - because of the "inner-city" people being urged to get vaccinated. The anti-vaxxers' arguments seem to go in MANY different directions as ways to rationalize their OWN non-belief in the vaccines, or the Covid-19 threat as it has shown itself to be on a global basis. ( Speaking of global - a few of the Mid-westies don't believe the global numbers of cases and deaths either. I guess they believe that ALL those countries are supportive co-conspirators in the "Democratic hoax." ) !!!!!!!!!

Head-shaking LOL !!!

hotwater, scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

"The whole world conspired against Trump... Just to make him look bad" ~ Murica

scratcho, ~Zen~ and erofant like this.
  7. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Some folks have to learn the hard way. And they are!

Tyrsonswood, ~Zen~ and erofant like this.
  8. erofant

erofant Members

I just read an article that reported Arkansas Republican Governor Asa Hutchinson said the law he signed that banned mask mandates in Arkansas was wrong .............. and now he wants it reversed. I guess when your state's case numbers go flying and the hospitals are being overrun, REALITY finally kicks some people in the balls.

Many businesses ( of all sizes ) around the country, as well as school districts are going against their state legislatures and governors and placing mask mandates AGAIN - because case numbers have boomed and hospitals are overrun. Isn't it strange how REALITY bites some of these REPUBLICAN DOLTS in the ass ??? ( It's REPUBLICANS who are against masks, vaccines, social distancing, etc. as they forcefully scream into TV cameras to prove their views. I'm NOT pulling this info out of thin air!! ) It's REPUBLICAN-LED states that have the highest case numbers and deaths - and it's THEIR governors who staunchly defend their positions that masks and vaccines are "taking away people's freedoms."

This sh*t all started because T**** blew Covid-19 off as "just one person coming in from China - and we have it all under control." - - - "It's nothing to worry about. Go on about your lives ....... maybe go to work." - - - "I don't wear masks. I don't think I look good in them." - - - " It's a hoax. It's a hoax by the Democrats." So the LEMMINGS jumped off the cliff with T****'s bullshyt lies ........... and drank the "don't worry about Covid-19" Kool-Ade.

And then - after having extraordinary efforts by doctors to save HIS life - T**** went back to the White House and TORE OFF his mask for the cameras, in a show of "toughness" against Covid-19 - like HE defeated it all by himself. The story came out later that cutting-edge treatments and efforts saved T****'s sorry ass.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  9. erofant

erofant Members

That's the equation they just can't prove. But they believe it nonetheless.

The old saying ........... "Ignorance is BLISS."

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A woman’s choice on abortion has nothing in common with the Covid and vaccine issue. Not vaccinating and ignoring mask mandates poses a very real and measurable threat to others and society at large. If my neighbor chooses to get in abortion it has no threat to me or others. Having said that, I would hope that prudent use of birth control minimizes the need for abortion.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

12. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

The point being, Making choices is for the individual,

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps the men who wish to control womens bodies should adhere to that.

erofant and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

15. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I never got the whole "CONTROL" aspect of wearing a mask, everytime you go to the Dr he wears a mask , you go to the Dentist they wear a mask, surgeons mask....it just seems so easy and inconsequential and takes so little effort that even if it only helps a little the effort could match .. I have an acquaintance that to this day is proud of "never" wearing a mask , I just dont get it

erofant, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Daniel Bell “The Dispossessed” 1962 (Published in '64)

Things haven't changed much...

erofant, Piobaire and scratcho like this.
  17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

18. wrat1

wrat1 Members

so people have such differing viewpoints a paraphrased conversation I had TODAY with a reasonably intelligent 75 y/o republican
    "we had to cancel our cruise I wont give up my freedom"
    I asked "what do you mean"?
    we would have to show proof of vax (they were vaxd) negative test 3 days before launch and wear mask in all interior areas ( except your cabin of course )
    So he perceived a loss of freedom
    I perceived as good protocol from spreading/catching virus

erofant, Tyrsonswood and scratcho like this.
  19. Tyrsonswood

I guess he's free to make that decision...

erofant and wrat1 like this.
  20. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I c what you did :p

Tyrsonswood likes this.