Republicans are ruining American education

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Jun 12, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Being smart doesn't pay in the US, where its cheaper to import all the brains you want, which is why banking is the big thing these days. Gone are all the famous scientists, to be replaced with bankers, who tell the scientists how much their discoveries are worth.

Cello Song likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Most Swiss schools are public and free. Education is based on a tracking system, much like the U.S. had until the 1970s where secondary students, about 13 years old, are grouped into general, vocational, and academic tracks. You are probably talking about an academic student. Vocational education is regulated by the federal government in unison with private industry for on the job training. Most students go to vocational school.
    Education for professions is also regulated by the federal government.
    Multiple languages are taught as Switzerland has German, Italian, French, and Romansh speaking cantons.

In the U.S. local governments control education and the public has a fit if the federal government tries to impose any rules.
    The Swiss system allows the 26 cantons to operate the lower grades while the federal government controls the upper levels. In the U.S we have over 13,000 school districts all with different curricula and rules. We will never have a uniform disciplined system under those conditions.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

And hence the chaos we see today, and this leads to further dumbing down of Americans.

My Dutch friends are highly educated with many languages. Did not cost them a penny for their degrees. It doesn't break the bank, it enriches society at large when the population is educated.

4. wooleeheron

The workaholic Japanese and white populations of the US and EU have been imploding ever since the invention of birth control. The more money they make, the faster their population implodes, and their teachers all focus on how to make more money. Studies have indicated that they have perhaps two decades left, but if their students are so stupid they fail to even reproduce, a quarter of them still insist the sun revolves around the earth, and almost none of them even knows the dictionary merely contains popular definitions, rather than a failure in education, you can call it "Social Darwinism" in action.

Two decades people, and they'll have to reinvent the republican party, because white people will become a minority. Their teachers will no doubt complain that capitalism cannot thrive in a democracy.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sweden has the second best paid teachers in the world. The U.S. is ranked 7th.

Average yearly pay for teachers in the U.S. in 2021 is $47,139. Average yearly pay for all U.S. citizens in 2021 is $82,338; almost double.

Toecutter likes this.
  6. wooleeheron

The US military is equal to somewhere between the next six largest and sixteen largest in the world combined. We own the fucking world, and countries like Sweden ride on our coat tails. Half the damned geniuses on the planet that migrate to another country, come to the US, and we routinely win half the Nobel Prizes. Brains are cheap, just ask any Wall Street trader. When the Soviet Union collapsed, six million Jewish Soviets migrated to Israel, only to end up with physicists sweeping the streets. Other countries, like India, pump more money into higher education, so we can import them and keep the price of brains low in the US. Its best to own your brains, lock, stock, and barrel, and keep them barefoot and ignorant, and working hard for you. Its a Roman tradition, but the peasants will sometimes storm the palace with knives and pitch forks.

Academics are such flaming geniuses, a quarter of their students still insist the sun revolves around the earth, almost nobody knows how to use a fucking dictionary, while academics themselves are paid crap, have the lowest reproductive rates and least satisfying sex lives, and among the highest burnout rates, and their own populations have been imploding faster than any other on the planet for half a century.

7. Varmint

Varmint Member

Right now I'm thinking about the fact that the preceding comment came from a guy who's icon says he's brain-damaged.
    Bwaaahahaha!!!

8. wooleeheron

Socrates was among the shortest and ugliest men alive, and normally so quiet you could use him as a doorstop if you kept his glass full. He recommended avoiding reading too many stupid books, and single handedly changed the course of western civilization, from a bar stool, using a handful of the lamest jokes imaginable to establish legal precedents that are fundamental to western democracy.

The only people claiming academics are even sane, are their students, who will usually repeat anything you say, so long as you pay them. Seriously, according to academic standards, nobody in the world has common sense, because nobody has ever documented its existence anywhere in the world. If you want facts, I suggest talking to academics, if you want lies, talk to one of their lawyers or politicians, and if you want the truth, watch Fox news at 11:00pm.

9. Varmint

Varmint Member

Now THAT is sad, indeed. Not bad for a guy who claims himself to be brain-damaged. Is it possible that what you think is "damaged" is actually awakened?

10. wooleeheron

We are all both drooling idiots and flaming geniuses, especially in our dreams. To accept reality, one must first embrace the dream, not awaken!

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

T'was ever thus....from 1964:

scratcho likes this.
  12. erofant

erofant Members

Go back to page 1 of this thread and listen to the George Carlin video tape in post #5. ABSOLUTE BEST description of the TRUTH of the U.S.A. today - and for the last 40 years.

George Carlin tells the 100% God's honest truth about the OLIGARCHY we live in today. It's NOT a free democracy anymore, where education and working hard - being honest gets you ahead. That's a dream world soooo far away it's measured in light years.

OLIGARCHY - a system of government in which the power lies in the hands of a few, usually those with the most money to control the political landscape for their advantage. (Webster)

Sounds just like the U.S. anymore .......... doesn't it??????????

scratcho likes this.
  13. wooleeheron

Some wit noted that the cost of freedom in the free world went through the roof, the minute the Soviet Union collapsed. Slavery and communism are how you buy freedom from fascists. It helps to have a line of credit.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  14. erofant

erofant Members

Oh - oh ........... you're giving the peasantry info and thoughts that are counter to the "preferred paradigm" of today's U.S. corporate thinking. You might become ......... "the HUNTED."

Corporate view: better to have them finance their own educations in our banks (so we can collect interest on the loans that'll take YEARS to pay off), then - because we control the labor market with OUR OWN UNION OF BUSINESSMEN - the Chamber of Commerce - we can set pay scales, so despite their education levels, they'll never get ahead. They'll never achieve TRUE financial security and independence (because that's BAD for us, we need financially-obligated, under-water workers). So we'll set pay limits / ceilings on what people can earn. And we'll force true geniuses to sign away their intellectual property, discoveries, and PATENT RIGHTS to US at the corporate executive level, so WE benefit the most financially from their discoveries and inventions. We'll give them bonuses of maybe $10,000 to $50,000 for great ideas and inventions, but we'll make MILLIONS - maybe BILLIONS in stock appreciation, dividends and interest, and ROYALTIES!!!!!!! Even a $100,000 bonus is chump change to what we'll be making off their work!!!!

But let's keep drilling "education and hard work is the key to success" into their pea-brains until they hear it so much they'll actually believe it. Once they get to retirement age, and realize they've been taken for a ride, they'll be too old, tired, and feeble to fight us anyway.

Now ......... off to the club for a rousing 18 holes, a sauna, massage, and a 12 course dinner. We'll take the company jet to Cabo for a week or two to relax from this week's stress. I have the yacht anchored about 15 miles off shore there - we can take the helicopter to the yacht for some fishing. Got a few special "young ladies" on board waiting for us too !!!

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  15. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I love your posts!

16. erofant

erofant Members

Thanks Zen !!
    I've just been a VERY keen observer / listener of life here in the U.S. for decades. I've overheard conversations that I know certain people thought were unheard, I've talked to engineers and scientists that are forced to sign away their discoveries, inventions, and patent rights to their employers, and I just look at the obvious. Call it "looking at the tracks in the mud." I've also steadily studied the investment world since being a senior in high school (not my primary profession) - and one can observe and follow / track moves by highly-placed, well-connected people and institutions. (Even John Bogle, the founder of Vanguard Group investments, said publicly that "the system is rigged" in favor of the insiders. This statement drew Bogle HATE from the majority of financial industry insiders.) Piece that info together with moves made by such people in the news, and learn of "VERY WEALTHY power people" buying up land in New Zealand and other remote "clean" places to shelter in luxury from the upheavals to come ............ and one can see a picture that's CLEARLY not in the best interest of the masses. But ......... "THE FEW" are already over-loaded & heavily gilded .......... and want more.

Very easy for me to have the views I do ............... they're based on the obvious.

Peace & have a good day!!!

~Zen~ and scratcho like this.
  17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Had trump succeeded in his grab for authoritarianism as so many have done over the history of humanity---you--erofant-- would have been one of those disappeared in due time. I have said enough myself to earn a one way helicopter trip. For the time being, cooler heads have prevailed regarding the right wing violence pushed and exacerbated by some in the media, but I don't see the very rigged capital system, including of course, the political system changing. It's too lucrative for those who control and as you inferred--the masses are and always have been much too easy to manipulate for their own good. I know---I KNOW total chaos is coming. I may not be around to experience it, but many will. And it ain't gonna' be pretty. ;)

erofant and ~Zen~ like this.
  18. wooleeheron

The only way Donald Duck could have succeeded, was if he was backed by a military coo, in which case, he would have instantly either become a puppet for the Pentagon, or target practice.

~Zen~ likes this.
  19. erofant

erofant Members

Agreed Scratcho. I'm HUGELY disappointed at the downward slope of life here in the U.S since my younger days. Dear GOD it wasn't this ugly, mean, and violent. Greed was always around - but not on the SCALE it's on today. Average Americans - if they were dependable, trustworthy, skilled workers - could go to work everyday and not worry if their job was going to be moved to another country, or eliminated by automation & robots (spawned by ever-growing, never-ending GREED). As Billy Joel said in his song "Allentown" - the "American corporations" threw an American flag in our face. Money is where their love and loyalties lie - NOT in the U.S.A or it's people. They can "claim" and "say" otherwise, but their actions tell their truth. The difference in the morale of U.S. citizen workers today as compared to decades ago is like black & white. The ultimate INSULT to American workers was when many companies forced workers to train foreign worker replacements to take their jobs from them. The American workers were told if they didn't train the foreign workers, they'd be fired on the spot with no unemployment claim available to them, and no severance pay. How's THAT for ramming the corporate wire brush up the workers' asses??

T**** promised to right all those wrongs and bring jobs back to the U.S. LIE. Didn't happen. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has been the driving force behind the "offshoring" of American jobs. It started with RONNIE REAGAN and his speech to the American people where he said, "We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-based economy." The entire REPUBLICAN PARTY backed him - Democrats fought the moves, but were outnumbered and the public was bamboozled and won-over by RONNIE ( a "B" movie actor ) In today's REPUBLICAN PARTY, Reagan would be laughed off as a wimp. Not mean, arrogant, and "tough" enough for today's FASCIST, AUTHORITARIAN REPUBLICAN PARTY.

People back then had the belief they could get "ahead" by doing all the right things. Today's citizens just pray to survive.

scratcho, MeAgain and ~Zen~ like this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members

Education and THE REPUBLICAN PARTY???? If students want TRUTH - those two are polar opposites.
    Well - they made Texas the state that gets to decide what books are permitted to be used in public schools all across the U.S.A. Texas is the arbiter of what can and can't be taught using books. The first thing to go was any mention of organized labor and the labor movement. ( Can't be having the peons learning that workers standing together in BIG numbers gains them some bargaining leverage with companies. Nice payback to the H-U-G-E corporate donors to THE REPUBLICAN PARTY who want workers with NO rights and are financially desperate and underwater - therefore "pliable" and "controllable" ). Also no mention of slavery, abuse of native Americans, people of color, Chinese, or Irish. We don't want our nation's ACTUAL history taught because it's not as rosy and "honorable" as we would like it to be seen. Only "approved books" will grace our hallowed classrooms. We're going to BURN all those nasty, untrue OLD books, like another famous book burning was done about 90 years earlier, to "cleanse society" and teach the "pure truth." Revising history R us.

Also - don't believe scientists ....... doctors either for that matter. Be very wary of both of those groups. Science - like medicine - is a very iffy, fuzzy, unproven subject. Believe what THE REPUBLICAN PARTY and our hand-picked "teachers" indoc ........... I mean .......... teach you. You'll be better, much more "TRUE patriotic" American citizens that way. What a glorious, bright, prosperous future is in store for "true patriotic" students!!!

I think I've heard this sick shit in 1930's news documentaries. I have an actual friend who asked me if I thought the Holocaust really happened, or if it's a made-up piece of propaganda. I had chills up & down my spine when he asked me that. This is what we're facing today - here - in the U.S.A. ......... and too many people think it's OK ........... even laudable.

Those who do not learn from history ............ are DOOMED to repeat it.

"Our best tool is an uninformed electorate." - Adolf Hitler

scratcho, MeAgain and ~Zen~ like this.