REPUBLICAN Voter Suppression legislation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by erofant, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

What I heard from him is much of the same ignorant rant I hear from you--denial of voter suppression, denial that there's been an increase in Asian hate crime, denial that the concept of hate crime is real or relevant. Dignity, my ass. The guy is just earning his pay. Trump and his ilk always have a few African-Americans in their stable that they trot out to show the opinions of "good" (i.e., Trump supporting) blacks. Green is one of those. And I'm going by what he says, not what he is. Nothing racist or ad hominem about that!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Balbus and scratcho like this.
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Off a cliff!

3. There was a time when I believed you were intelligent. Can't even listen to a man and discuss what be says. Only make assumptions and jump to conclusions, read minds and assign motives. I was wrong. Say "la vee".

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

No assumptions. I listened to every word--now and in his earlier YouTube rants. He's a Retrumplican stooge. As for your assessment of my intelligence, the feeling is mutual. .

Flagme15 and scratcho like this.
  5. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Trudge

Do you mean - c'est la vie

French for that’s life

Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Vee :Venezuelan equine encephaitis? The usual formation of migrating geese? Shaped like or suggesting a V, as in a Vee neckline.Definition of vee | Dictionary.com But why does he want us to say that? Or he might mean the employee-owned supermarket chain in the Midwestern U.S., HyVee, that carries a lot of French-named products like Hy Vee French salad dressing, HyVee French toast sticks, etc. Maybe he works for them and is asking us to say the company name for advertising purposed. Oy vey!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Flagme15 likes this.
  7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

8. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Members

Gotta love the Borowitz report...he gets it perfect every time.

9. "
    Last year, Harvard Business School conducted a study analyzing voter turnout in the United States over an eight-year period. The researchers look at how voter ID laws affect the ability of minority Americans to turn out at the polls and cast their votes. They also investigated the rate at which voter fraud was committed in states that have voter ID measures.

Surprisingly, the results of the study did not support either side’s arguments on the issue. Let’s deal with the race issue first. The study revealed that “Strict ID laws have no significant negative effect on registration or turnout, overall or for any subgroup defined by age, gender, race, or party affiliation.”

Researchers also found that voter ID laws “do not decrease the participation of ethnic minorities relative to whites.” Well, it looks like the left’s whole “voter suppression” idea has gone out the window. Of course, most people were never buying this argument in the first place. It’s probably the reason why the majority of Americans favor voter ID laws. But it wasn’t just the left’s race-baiting claims that were debunked.

The study also revealed that requiring voters to show ID at the polls does not effectively curtail voter fraud. After the researchers investigated documented cases of voter fraud in states with voter ID measures, they found that these laws do not prevent certain people from defrauding the electoral system.
    "

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Members