REPUBLICAN Voter Suppression legislation

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by erofant, Mar 20, 2021.

1. wrat1

wrat1 Members

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The demographics already indicate that the most reliable way to tell how anyone votes, is to measure their dna, while the most reliable way to tell who will win an election, is who advertised the most. Death is the only thing that can bring down the republican party, but I'm not sure it matters.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Stuff happens...

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  5. wooleeheron

Donald Duck is still a free man, and Biden can kiss my fucking ass. Your votes are garbage, if their is no justice in or out of court.

6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

At the present moment ... but Cyrus Vance is approaching.

7. newo

[​IMG]

Flagme15 likes this.
  8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The "book" he wrote is not selling.

stormountainman and Tishomingo like this.
  9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I'd say voter ID is the least of the problems with Georgia's Keep Retrumplicans in Office Act. It makes it illegal to bring food and water to elderly voters standing in line for many hours as a result of the State's practices of restricting voters sites and making sure that malfunctioning voting machines are placed in minority neighborhoods. It restricts hours for early voting to 9:00 -5;00 , making it hard for people who have to work for a living. It imposes restrictive limits on the location of drop boxes. And worst of all, it authorizes the Retrumplican State Election Board to take over any (read majority black) county election board. So cut the crap. There's election theft about to go on here, and its the Retrumplicans who are planning to do it.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If these newly enacted laws had been in place last November, the state of Georgia would have gone for Trump overturning the will of the voters.

Btw 75% of Georgia voters disapprove of the new legislation.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    stormountainman and granite45 like this.
  11. stormountainman

In Republican Indiana I had to stand in line for hours in 2016 and the line continued behind me in the Georgetown Shopping Center parking lots farther than I could see. The line made several bends and turns then continued around the corner to another street. There were no toilets or water fountains or other needed considerations. When I got inside the building, there were only six machines to serve these thousands of voters. When it came my turn at the desk, the white republican woman demanded three Identification Documents. I provided my current valid driver license, my current valid United States Passport, and my former Colorado State University id card. She said the university id looked like a younger man and the United States Passport indicated that I was born in another country. The repukes cannot win without cheating.

12. wooleeheron

Gee, you'd think people were pissed.

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Legally depriving food and water from someone is deemed a form of torture by many countries (and the one that don't you don't want to live in) – how can any rational and reasonable person defend this?

It is bad enough that they condone voter suppression, but have so many right wingers really so lost their moral compass to such an extent that they can support such a move

scratcho likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yes... Yes they have.

hotwater and scratcho like this.
  15. stormountainman

The big picture is obvious. Trump and the Republican Party leadership want to enact conditions which would revive the Confederacy. That's what they mean by "Make America Great Again" ... a nation for Whites, controlled by Whites, which serves the interest of Whites. And it would become a nation where Whites can do anything and get away with it. IMG_20210326_0002.jpg

granite45, hotwater and scratcho like this.
  16. newo

And of course in heavily Republican districts there are more polling places, making it easier for people to vote.

Here in Oregon we've had vote by mail for many years and it's worked out great. Yes it's a blue state, but there are plenty in conservative rural Oregon who'd like to see mail-in voting abolished so it can become more Republican. The Repubs won't admit they lost fair and square, and since they can't win fair and square they're resorting to this.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  17. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

That's just it - it works great and the % turnout is very high. Suppression is very highly calculated. Jerrymandering. Limited understaffed polling places. No parking or access at polling places. No early or late hours at polling places for people that actually work for a living. Put election day on a weekend, Brazil has theirs on Sunday, people vote after church..... Then again, if people can't get off their asses to vote...they get what they get - case in point, that's how Lindsay Graham got re-elected against an over qualified black man who should have won simply by winning the black vote. They'll reinstate the poll tax soon.

18. wooleeheron

They've already established the Confederacy again for all practical purposes. Black men are avoiding public places, 8x more likely to be thrown in prison, and keep their fucking mouth shut if they want to keep their damned job. Donald Duck and the Tea Party have destroyed our government so badly, DC is now a superfund site.

19. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I've been through DC for the very very last time years ago. Nope.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It’s an all-out power grab.

Trump hasn’t so much corrupted their minds, as simply shown them the way over the past four years how to misuse power, and for some reason I can’t fathom, he has convinced them that democracy is inherently evil
    and those in power should have little or no tolerance for political opposition.

I offer two quotes sci-fi author Frank Herbert as a possible explanation

“All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible.”.

“Absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, absolute power attracts the corruptible.' Absolutely”

scratcho and stormountainman like this.