REPUBLICAN Voter Suppression legislation

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by erofant, Mar 20, 2021.

1. erofant

erofant Members

What does everyone think about all the states that are rushing through new, tougher, more restrictive voting laws in states that have REPUBLICAN controlled state legislatures???

Not only are they requiring more forms of voter ID, proof of citizenship, but also shortening the hours during which people can vote, making it almost impossible to vote by mail /absentee ballot, stopping Saturday voting in some states, and giving sole control of WHO gets to choose the states' electors to the state legislatures ..... NOT the voters. Those REPUBLICAN-controlled state legislatures want to make sure that NO Democrat can win those states again - since Biden won Arizona and Georgia, and Dems won the 2 Georgia Senate seats. The REPUBLICAN PARTY will NOT TOLERATE any such voters' free choices going against them again. The REPUBLICAN PARTY will not stand for any election where they don't win.

The REPUBLICAN PARTY can't win in a free, open election nationally, so they have to cheat the system by any & all means so they can't lose. Re-drawing & gerrymandering voting districts to isolate likely Democratic voters is another way they're cheating the system across the country. The REPUBLICAN PARTY is SCARED TO DEATH of a free, open and fair voting system.

"Let's make our own voting laws the way WE want them, so people can't say we're breaking the voting laws." This is the book definition of FASCIST C-O-R-R-U-P-T-I-O-N.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    scratcho likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The only way the GOP can win is by cheating... This is nothing new. It's been this way for quite some time.

3. Biden'sVagina

Biden'sVagina Members

Yes I agree.

4. erofant

erofant Members

How can the REPUBLICAN PARTY keep espousing & proclaiming "freedom & liberty" when they take EVERY opportunity to take away the freedoms of the "avg. American" ??? These voter suppression laws the REPUBLICAN PARTY is ramming through every state legislature around the country are designed to keep voters from voting at all - or having their votes not matter because of REPUBLICAN re-drawing of voting districts. How is THAT supporting free & fair elections??? The reason and purpose the REPUBLICAN PARTY is re-drawing those voting districts is so that no matter who votes, only REPUBLICANS can win in those districts. Freedom for voters???? N-O-P-E. Your "freedom" to choose your elected representatives will be / has been taken away by the district re-drawing. This is what gerrymandering is - for those who don't know the word.

How many of you on here know that under Trump - and his newly placed radical, ultra-conservative "justices" - it was decided by them that retirement plan administrators CANNOT be sued for not paying you retirement money that you thought you had coming. Those CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN "justices" ruled we American citizens HAVE NO RIGHT to sue over money not paid from annuities and other investments we have with our plan administrators!!!!!!!!! The "liberal" justices voted to KEEP people's right to sue over money promised and obligated to be paid to you when you retire. How's your "freedom" taste NOW???? The REPUBLICAN PARTY once again sided with their biggest political donors - the big business community / financial services industry - by their radical conservative decision to give the "rights" to big business, and once again ............. the "little avg. American" - loses. You have NO RIGHT to sue your plan administrators for money you should be getting if they don't follow through and pay you money you should have coming!!!!!!! So if & when you get F-ed over by your retirement plan administrators and you don't receive the money you thought you'd be getting ...... be sure and thank Trump and those radical, ultra-conservative "justices" he appointed for taking away your rights to sue the plan administrators. They decided ..... YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to sue for your money.

So because of more gerrymandering and re-drawing voting districts to insure REPUBLICAN wins ........... look for many more "freedoms" to be taken away from "little, avg. American citizens" so that B-I-G money, corporate, rich power-brokers can stay in control of OUR(?????) government. That's the idea .............. the REPUBLICAN PARTY wants to take away the rights of avg. citizens to have any say in our government. The corporate business community wants to control everything. That's why people like the Koch brothers have donated - and bragged about publicly - over $800 million to the REPUBLICAN PARTY. Over $800 million dollars from just the Koch brothers!!!! They - and others like AT&T, Tyson Foods, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, who've donated $$$$ BILLIONS to the REPUBLICAN PARTY - want laws written and enforced to THEIR ADVANTAGE - not your or mine. They want ALL THE POWER, RIGHTS, and CONTROL. If they get all the rights and freedoms ............ guess what?? You and I L-O-S-E them. So if you're a "little, avg. Republican citizen" - the party you likely vote for is RAMMING things down your throat that ARE NOT in your favor or best interest. (see retirement money "rights" you lost above).

WAKE THE F*CK UP PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!! By not knowing who is doing what to whom - you're cutting your own throats for your own rights and freedoms. The rights and freedoms are for the B-I-G -MONEY corporate donors and ultra-rich folks .......... N-O-T you and I. You're being screwed by the very party that chants "freedom & liberty" constantly. The REPUBLICAN PARTY.

scratcho likes this.
  5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Sadly, over 40% of the population wants a dictator, and could not care less about democracy, while over half approve of everything Donald Duck has done in and out of office. You can scream all you want, and Donald Duck will love you for it, because half the population could not give a shit about your opinions, but love to hear people scream.

6. Tyrsonswood

are designed to keep some voters from voting at all...

erofant, GeorgiaRhythm and scratcho like this.
  7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How many will be disenfranched?

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump lawyer Sidney Powell pushed the Voter fraud BS and the voting machine vote switching BS and the boxes of ballots under the table BS. She is now being taken to court by Dominion, the company the manufactures the voting machines. They are suing her for over a BILLION DOLLARS! The hysterical thing here today is what she just told the judge. She now claims and told the judge that no one would believe what she said on behalf of Trump ... concerning the voter fraud, election being stolen, or that Trump won!

9. erofant

erofant Members

I stand corrected. I should have said any voters not sucking down the REPUBLICAN horse sh*t that they champion "freedom and liberty" - and are the party of "the little guy" - while attempting to take away the freedom to access to vote for millions of Americans. Anyone buying into that sh*t should come see me about a bridge I have for sale at a reasonable price.

This is absolutely TRUE!!!! She said any "reasonable person" wouldn't believe what she said about Trump, or the election being stolen, or that Dominion voting machines were "rigged." She obviously WILDLY underestimates the intelligence & GULLIBILITY of many Americans.

I don't actually think she underestimated the intelligence and gullibility of many Americans ............... I believe she knew EXACTLY who she was talking to, and how they'd S-U-C-K it down like Jim Jones' poison Kool-Ade. She counted on their LACK of smarts and she got the desired results from the idiotic LEMMINGS.

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  10. erofant

erofant Members

If one voter is disenfranchised ...... it's one too many. How many REPUBLICANS scream and holler about 1 vote that they need or didn't get???? Some of the Southern states that sat on voter registration applications were obstructing the rights of voters to be registered in a timely manner. Many non-white voters suffered this delay ............. and please don't claim it was an "oversight" or that "extraordinary circumstances" held them up. The applications were from black & Hispanic communities - and the REPUBLICAN PARTY is all about whites keeping power in all instances - and not just ANY whites .......... only certain "properly-connected" whites.

As the saying goes .......... don't piss down my back & tell me it's raining. Don't tell me the 10 inch tracks I see in the snow were made by a mouse. I have eyes and a brain.

Recent national polls asking whether Rump should run again - showed that 2/3 of the public doesn't even want to see him run again. I'd say your claim of "over half" the country approves of everything he did is .......... well ........... way the F off. And I'm NOT SCREAMING. It's also true that many former Republicans have left the party because of the cheating, lying, (about Covid-19, the "rigged election", "rigged voting machines", ballots pushed under tables, etc.) and causing doubt about our current & future elections that are & were 100% F-A-L-S-E. Every court dismissed ALL claims made by REPUBLICAN operatives & lawyers.

For the Fox devotees ........... here's an interesting bit of FACT. Fox's lawyers argued - successfully - that Hannity and Carlson and others are "provocateurs and entertainers - nothing more." So having made that claim - and winning it in court - that proves that they ARE NOT telling factual "news" to their viewing audience. Even Fox's lawyers admitted and proved it themselves. So folks CANNOT say that what Fox "news" broadcasts is real, factual news. Their lawyers said that "they're opinion - driven broadcasts, and their viewers SHOULD KNOW THAT." (The lawyers' own words.) The lawyers have ADMITTED it in a public courtroom in order to avoid paying millions in damages in the many lawsuits they face.

What more do you want????????????????

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is a desperate move by a dying party. The Republicans' base of support is shrinking, soon it will consist almost exclusively of anti-progressives. They could try to reform the party, try to make it more moderate to broaden its appeal, but that would require moving past Donald Trump, and they may not survive that. I believe that given a little more time Trump's base will desert him as his appeal wanes, but somehow Repubs don't see it that way, they see him as their only hope. So it's voter suppression they turn to, claiming that mail-in voting caused massive fraud which caused Trump to lose the election. They just won't let go of the big lie.

Flagme15 and erofant like this.
  12. wooleeheron

Over half the damned population has supported Donald Duck's insanity, so there's not a lot of motivation to vote. Seriously, democrats need to study professional wrestling or get the fuck off the field.

13. wooleeheron

The idiots might reject him now, but over half approved of his last fucking days in office, and over 43% supported making him a fucking dictator in office. They say Americans love a winner and hate a loser, which means they'll back Adolf Fucking Hitler if he looks like he might cut their taxes.

Pavlov would have a field day, while my specialty includes teaching them how to censor the internet and make damned straight sure they remain ignorant, or censor each other. Americans are so stupid, they seriously think they can control the truth, which is why their population is imploding.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  14. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

15. Tyrsonswood

Anybody else notice none of these Republicans want to implement IQ testing as part of voter control?

16. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They will be in trouble!!!

erofant and GeorgiaRhythm like this.
  17. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

18. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I live in the heartland and am surrounded by guys who can't think beyond the next six pack of beer or the next pipe fill of meth. Some of these guys don't know the difference between Birmingham Alabama and Baghdad Iraq. They think El Paso is another country.

erofant, GeorgiaRhythm and scratcho like this.
  19. erofant

erofant Members

THAT - would prove VERY INTERESTING!!!!! Personally .......... I'd L-O-V-E to see a big batch of their base take an 8th grade civics exam. Ask them things like, "How many branches of government does the U.S. have? Can you name them??" "Who is the chief law enforcement officer of the U.S.?" "What items make up the 'Bill of Rights' ?" "Who is 3rd in line for the Presidency - if something should happen to the President and Vice-President??" "Who is in charge of the Senate??" "How many Senators come from each state??" "What determines the number of U.S. House Representatives from each state?"

Some of the Republican base can't even spell very well, - or construct a sentence that makes sense - so it would be really entertaining to see them "tackle" a civics exam!!!

Speech examples - "I seen a big turkey in a field, but it ain't turkey season yet." - - - - "I ain't got no more beer. Ain't got no money either. Well - I'm f*cked!" - - - - "Weez fixin' to get me & Billy here another one of them there chili dogs."

Spectacular results from their days ............. in school(???) These are the same folks that HATE Asians taking the high-skill, high-paying jobs. The Asians take education very seriously. Many Americans ...... sadly ....... have not, and DO NOT to this day. Loads of them occupy the Republican base.

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members

It's not just in the heartland, Stormountainman. Sadly - it's all over. In my state we have meth labs in rural areas and toothless people robbing & killing old folks for money to buy more meth., crack, heroin, etc. They're toothless because of their drug habits and what it does to their bodies. A couple packs of cigarettes and a 6-pack make for a really good time. What a SAD commentary on the condition so many people are in. In my region - almost all of those type of folks were HUGE Trump supporters, with banners, flags, bumper stickers on their broken-down, beat-up cars, and threatening signs in their yards.

I wonder how much Trump and the REPUBLICAN PARTY improved their lot in life???

scratcho and stormountainman like this.