Republican Clown Car

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Karen_J, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Are there any GOP politicians left who are NOT running for President this year?

Donald Trump? Again? REALLY? This is getting too funny. You can't make up anything this good.

For right wing voters who actually plan to take this primary season seriously, how do they pick a candidate when they all try so hard to be exactly alike? No diversity of opinion is tolerated there.

1 person likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Ha, yeah Trump is a hoot of a candidate. Fuckin' cartoons indeed, lol

Then you have Christy saying if he's elected he'll sic the feds on the legal herb states.

Ya think that'll get him a few votes?

4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Maybe they have a plan....get the nuttiest people they can find to run in the primary and those people will make someone like Jeb look like a good choice.

I have numerous friends who used to be republicans and who finally got so mad with how the party has been high-jacked, they left their party. They're moderate, rational people who just couldn't take it anymore.

1 person likes this.
  5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Trump has been doing this for 16 years, always thinking this is going to be the year people start taking him seriously. Yeah, comedians are making serious money off making fun of him.

And what about Ben Carson, apparently the only black man in America who hates black people? Where did they dig him up? He's almost as crazy as Herman Cain.

Rand Paul has abandoned every libertarian position he ever held in the past, and the party still hates him. He's now for anything that might get him nominated.

Jeb Bush has done a horrible job of answering obvious questions from the press, showing us that he isn't any more prepared to handle anything complicated or difficult than Rick Perry is.

The primary debates could be highly entertaining, for none of the intended reasons. [​IMG] I wish Jon Stewart would stay on until the election.

2 people like this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I guess Jeb Bush is counting on votes from those with short term memory issues... His new campaign posters just say "Jeb! 2016" on them.... Nobody is supposed to catch on I guess.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If one of them wins this joke seems not just on the republicans, but on the whole nation.

2 people like this.
  8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Hillary has the only bush that I want in the White House.

6 people like this.
  9. Wizardofodd

I'm over the whole Bush/Clinton royal lineage though. I'm on Team Sanders.

Side note on Sanders.....he is drawing huge crowds to hear him speak! Much larger than Hillary or any of the Republicans. I live in Iowa which means....front row seats to this circus. Like I said in another thread....I haven't polled anyone but of the people I've talked to who will vote Democrat...every single one of them want Sanders. I read yesterday that after drawing crowds of thousands of people at numerous events, some party staffer/organizer sent Hillary's state organizers a text that read "Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear".

4 people like this.
  10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I don't want to get deep into that in this thread, but I do hope he makes a positive impact on the party before he loses.

None of the GOP candidates are contributing anything useful to the conversation. Every speech seems to be some minor variation of, "I'm the one true conservative in this race!"

Worse yet, nearly all of them have run before, so there is already plenty of fuck-up footage for them to use against each other in commercials. I think maybe some are running just to store up street cred to get (or keep) a full-time gig on Fox News.

11. beagles 'n' lox

beagles 'n' lox Typing Challened

Does the circus get annoying? Or are you used to it?

12. Wizardofodd

I completely agree. I've been saying for quite some time that each one seems to be saying "Yes...that person is conservative but....look at me!! I am even more conservative! I'm super conservative!!"

13. Wizardofodd

You do get used to it but that doesn't make it any less annoying. I don't watch tv very much so I miss many of the ads. If I do watch tv, it will usually be one of the PBS stations. If I'm in my car, I'm usually listening to NPR and in my wife's car I listen to Sirius....so no political ads...or many ads at all...from those sources. So at least I have that going for me.

But if you live here and do love the chaos...it's a really big deal. It can be like a pressure cooker leading up to the caucuses.

1 person likes this.
  14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I can't imagine that. NC has one of the very last primaries, so the winner is always decided before we get to vote. Nobody campaigns here.

15. Wizardofodd

I can pretty much personally meet many of the candidates if I want to...depending on the venue. I've seen the president twice (both times in my town). The first time I was right in front of him, maybe 5 or 6 rows back. The second time was during the last campaign so it was completely different. Secret service all over, serious security and a massive crowd. Hillary will probably not be personally accessible at most events. It would be more like the first time I saw Obama. But the rest of the candidates from both parties would be pretty easy to meet....most likely even right here in my town. Believe me....they're coming!

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Well... back to the serious business of revealing the Republican candidates as the fools they are...

Lindsey Graham: "If you don't like war, don't vote for me."

Okay, that was easy. Next?

3 people like this.
  17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Yesterday, all the GOP Presidential candidates were in agreement that the Charleston, SC incident is an anti-Christian crime, even though the shooter has confessed that it was entirely racial. Why? Because they have to tell a story that fits the standard right wing viewpoint, no matter what the facts may be. They never take a day off from the bullshit.
    :wall:

1 person likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I read a quote by Rand Paul the other day in which he said something along the lines of we need to replace the affordable healthcare act with freedom.

thanks for offering real solutions, Rand!

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Who in the fuck votes for these dick heads? They keep getting in, regardless of their anti-american attitudes. Limbaugh, Hannity, Weiner, Beck and the rest that influential? I've been extant since Roosevelt right through Obama and i swear this crop is the dumbest, most immoral fucks I've seen.

I fervently hoped the republicans would win in 2000, so that thinking citizens could finally see who and what they are. Lo and fucken' behold--it happened--they almost crashed the world economy----ripped off the taxpayers to help some of the pricks the caused it---people are STILL losing their homes-----AND THEY STILL GET IN!!!!!!!!

I give up. Never under estimate the ignorance of the american electorate. However IMO, ignorance has a tipping point--it morphs into stupidity.

4 people like this.
  20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

God Guns and Greed of the GOP. It's the greed that irks me the most. Are you ever surprised to hear that a certain celebrity is republican? Like, "holy shit he's gay AND republican? Is he a masochist too?" They might say religion or guns or developing the east or some fucking bullshit excuse like that but it's so transparent. It's greed and ignorance, "I'm rich and I want to pay as little taxes as possible". That's 95% of it right there guaranteed. "Oh boohoo, it's a free country, I made it big, anyone can work hard and be rich like me too. I'm not paying for some bum's healthcare". Pure ignorance, not EVERYONE can be rich. You were one of the lucky FEW that got rich in a capitalist system that absolutely needs a majority population of poor menial exploitable workers so 1% can live rich pampered lives. The least you can do is pay some fucking taxes so the government can provide basic necessities and healthcare to those less fortunate, greedy old pricks!

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.