reoccuring dreams

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by cerridwen, May 11, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

is it weird to have reoccuring themes in dreams? Like different people, different places, but the same theme over and over? Obviously I'm subconciously worried about something, but I can't figure it out....

2. sassure

sassure Member

Post it in the Dreams forum.....Moving Cloud may be around, and is an excellent interpreter of dreams.

3. spinelli

spinelli Member

I understand what u mean cerridwen, from my own experience.
    The dreams have different images,ppl,locations etc but they all have the same feeling.
    Sassure, im a rebel to ur advice, pls forgive

Recently, my experience has occured:
    having loved ones or home robbed, held hostage, attacked.
    And while this is happening I sneak away from badies (sometimes chased) and get hold of phone
    ringing police and being put on hold, or having them take so long to arrive, as if they dont care
    and feeling the worst feeling of anxiety, fear, impatience, frustration or anger

Now im not a reoccuring dream type at all, so this has very much stood out
    But, like u say,have been taught about a subconscious fear/worry that is so underlying that I would never be able to identify consciously and then have it affect me covertly

Yeah I hear ya "put it dreams thread spinelli", I have a faint understanding of these dreams of mine, actually its quite an easy one to interpret.
    But any other point of view would be so helpful in me releasing this fear/worry and progressing in life. Im just not completely clear on the matter
    tHANKU

4. sassure

sassure Member

Spinelli, do you think the Dream forum isn't helpful.....I'm just curious as to the origin of your comment. Moving Cloud gives long, detailed interpretations, while I just make it short and sweet.....lol.....

Recurring dreams I suppose are actually helpful, because they indicate that your subconscious is trying to tell you something. My dreams tend to symbolize my anxieties, my concerns, my worries. Some may have "prophetic" dreams....I can't say I've had many, or any....but some dream symbolism could be oracular.....

Cerridwen, I think you're right on the mark with your feelings. A recurring dream may be like one of those funky red lights that appear on your dashboard when the automobile begins to malfunction.....so you have to track the thing down to the source.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've been journalling my dreams for a couple years now.... and I interpret what I can (I've a couple books on the subject). Once in a while I go back and reread what I dremt, try to make sense of it... It makes a little more sense a couple weeks later, I can look back and remember what I was going through at the time.

6. sassure

sassure Member

In spite of the attempt by many authors to sound overly esoteric, dream symbolism is often really rather sensible. The crux isn't necessarily where you are or what you see, but what you're feeling at the time.

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

very true.

8. Tamee

Tamee naked

yes yes yes

9. livingwater

livingwater Member

I too, have had recurring dreams ,same themes, people,places..it does help to have a dream journal,or book interpreting dreams,or even a sage or friend u trust BUT- above all Meditating and looking for the answer yourself if u really soul search will help- I agree w/ the others and u about it is your subconcious, trying to tell u something.

10. moop

moop Member

i had really strong reoccuring nightmares for a couple years when i was in junior high. i can still remember them pretty accuratly because they happened a few times a week. i would be walking home from school and i would see a real evil freaky looking dog, and i would just stop and my adreneline would get really high and i would slowly try to get past it, then it would attack me and would try to run, then i would punch it really hard repeatedly but the punches didnt affect the dog at all, and i never remembered what would happen after that. then i had one that was really intence where there was like 40 of them all over my nieghborhood and i was running and hiding trying to avoid them. after that i think was they eventually stopped happening. i still havent figured out what it could mean.