reno!

Discussion in 'Nevada' started by t0ker, Jul 28, 2008.

1. t0ker

t0ker Member

where you at?

2. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

reno.... hi....

themnax likes this.
  3. Dave_techie

bumping for renoites.

themnax likes this.
  4. ThE_BluE_ShoE

ThE_BluE_ShoE Member

Reno. Here.

themnax likes this.
  5. Dave_techie

woot, another reno-er

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

2008's a long time ago now. i moved up here in 2012 and been here since. i was here for a short time in 71 and 72 also. worked harrah's then and took classes at unr.
    had to drop out of both, because life was just getting started for me then. been other places between. just over the hill into cali mostly, though a decade up in oregon in the 80s too.

sparks and reno is ok. furries and anime. no train stores any more and no real computer places like fry's in roseville. not where i want to spend the rest of my life, but where i am.
    seems like no one in the genre's that interest me thinks about them the same way i do. not that would expect everyone to. just a few more then it seems.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wonder if anyone else in this area who has posted to any of these threads still is.
    of course i wonder if i could stand them or they could stand me if we ever met.
    be curious to do so though. i'm always that.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if you've met me you probably don't like me because i don't like inconsiderate noise, nor tobacco smoke.
    also i don't really give a rat about booze, or other mind altering substances or gamboling,
    (i just want everything to be legal so it can't be used for political coercion nor to fund organized crime),
    i'm just a grumpy old man who doesn't have a lawn to tell you to keep off of.

instead i believe in the goodness of strangeness and not in any sort of goodness to wishing to be feared.
    people who are quiet and don't try to poison me with second and smoke i actually like.
    and people who don't try to tell each other what to pretend too.

and most especially, life is about imagination and being creative.
    and the world needs more odd little houses and odd little trains.

there are reasons i live in this town, though i don't have to.

my idea of freedom is not to raise hell, but to never have to be confronted by those who think theirs is.
    i'm also odd one out among furrys and model railroaders, which are major areas of interest in my life.
    even among science fiction fans. real science fiction as in books, movies and television don't count.

9. JeffN

JeffN Members

At the risk of reanimating a thread.

Reno.