Remove SweetIM

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by poormatthew, Aug 7, 2013.

1. poormatthew

poormatthew Guest

I am not sure where I picked up this virus but I cannot delete it. I have already tryed add or remove programs in my control panel. In both my internet browsers. Firefox and Internet Explorer 8. No luck. I would like to get rid of it before it does any damage. And I am not sure which website on-line is trustworthy. A little help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

2. poormatthew

poormatthew Guest

I searched a lot and finally removed sweetIM with a step-by-step removal guide.
    *Remove SweetIM Toolbar (search.sweetim.com) from Google Chrome
    Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools - Extensions.
    Locate the Safe Search browser extension and/or any third party extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
    remove SweetIM Toolbar (search.sweetim.com) from your home page
    In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup section. Remove SweetIM Toolbar (search.sweetim.com) and replace it with your preferred URL.
    remove SweetIM Toolbar (search.sweetim.com) search engine
    Free Download and Run the virus removal tool: iSafe Virus Removal Tool from http://www.virus-delete.com/en/isafe-virus-removal-tool.html, Click the "Scan" button.
    Waiting for one minute, and the infections are removed easily.

So it is quite not easy to clear sweetIM completely, you may refer to this removal guide next time when you have such problems