Remembrance Sunday

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

2. I am extremely torn about remembrance day!
    I know that the death of so many servicemen needs to be commemorated but I cannot and will not forget that during WW1 so many good, brave and for the most part conscripted young lives were lost because of a system that allowed hundreds of thousands of men be sent out from the trenches to die. Line after line were sent with no thought to the carnage by generally upper class cunts who did not give a fuck about what happened to the people under their charge. It was a shameful time for Britain and the officers in charge. One that I cannot forgive or forget!!!!

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

“Remembering with Reverence, here upon this day, - for the many who gave all, for our freedom for to say
    Right of free movement, and a credo of one's choice, - but there are many still are vulnerable, left without voice”.
    Age does weary - and due Respect in Actions as well as words should be enacted - Lest we forget

4. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I live in the U.S., but I watch the Festival of Remembrance every year. I am always moved by the stories, music, and ceremony.