Remember When You Had Hopes And Dreams?

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by relaxxx, Aug 11, 2018.

1. tkm954

tkm954 sub

I did!Then they gave the Election to Trump,their goes all hopes,all dreams.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

He is the best President you guys have every had

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I personally liked George Busch. He had a voice that when spoken I kind of enjoyed listening too. I think Obama was also a great speaker.

Fred64 likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it seems kind of concerning that all your hopes and dreams are based on the US government. unless you're a career politician yourself, it seems highly unlikely that any one politician can have that major of an affect on your life.

i would imagine so, being a good speaker is the main requirement of being elected president. giving speeches is their primary job duty, and election speeches are the primary way that people decide who to vote for.

5. Fred64

Fred64 Members

I had hopes and dreams. It I gave up on them, when life continually beats you down, you eventually quit trying to get up,

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I guess you assume that I'm lazy. Assume make an ASS out of U and ME, but mostly you.

I've worked my ass off plenty. 18 hour double shifts for months on end. A few times I've worked more than 24 hours straight. Hard labor, stacking 50lb boxes on pallets, driving forklifts to the point of very dangerous exhaustion. Then driving home. I've done my time, my house and property are paid off, some money in the bank even. There are costs more miserable than you can imagine. Once you've worked yourself sick and acquired; reactive arthritis, psoriasis arthritis, deteriorated disks, TMJ, daily chronic severe headache, neck pain, back pain, nerve damage, TN disorder face pain, multiple hernias... Deal with that much acquired daily pain and let me know how much shit you can fucking accomplish.

9. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I guess you assume I haven't gone through hell and back too. I've gone through a bunch of shit in my life. I just choose to look at the good instead of the bad. I'd be a miserable person if I only focused on all the bad shit. McFuddy said to me once "how have you not died with a needle in your arm?" when we were talking about our lives. Because I refuse to play the victim. Sometimes shitty things happen to good people. I'm in pain every day of my life. I've had doctors ask me how I function in the pain I'm in. How I get out of bed every day after looking at my xrays. I tell them I don't have a choice. Don't act like you're the only person dealing with shit. It's what you focus on that determines your attitude.

Asmodean and Meliai like this.
  10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

You'll get to where I am. It's only a matter of time.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I live on hopes and dreams. There's not much else. Even if things are crappy. I'm a pretty unlucky guy in some respects. But that's just how others see me. I don't see myself through my enemies eyes. I haven't made it financially but I've had some great experiences and I'm still going. I haven't done much but I did everything I wanted to. I'm still standing and there's more to come. IDK. Fuck it.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

@RubySoho6 I totally dig being quoted, even if its a morbid reference to heroin overdose. :p

RubySoho6 likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

@RubySoho6
    I like you. You're made of strong material.

RubySoho6 likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Kevlar?

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

16. RubySoho6

Thank you! I'm a tough bitch

17. RubySoho6

Hahaha especially since I've never done drugs.

McFuddy likes this.
  18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i remember when people could live in a shack in the woods or on a house boat. that was before raygun, when america was still trying to be the country it pretended it was.
    wasn't really quite there then either, but closer to it in many ways then its been since.

i can remember some things that were worse too of course. segregation, the normalization of bigotry, and abuse of the mentally ill and the aged.

i can remember when most people didn't really understand what a computer was, let alone had one, or that there were even that many in the whole world.
    but then there weren't that many people in the whole world that you would need a car to get to the woods to take a walk in it.

i can remember when average costs of living were actually rising slower then average incomes.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's pretty hard to go legitimately off the grid, if that's what you mean, but people are still living in shacks in the woods and on house boats.

20. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry to hear that you're going through this Relaxxx. Acupuncture works very well for pain conditions and arthritis. It's often expensive though. There are some good low cost options though, like teaching clinics and community acupuncture.

I could say more about the subject if you are interested.