Remember when Oj ran from the cops?

Discussion in 'TV' started by Applespark, May 15, 2004.

1. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Last night I ws thinking about something that raises a very good question. Well I remember when I was in 7th grade and while oj simpson was on tv runnin from the police on the highway we were watching it...in school...a bunch of 7th graders and 8th graders..all over the district wtching a football player who was a possible murderer run from the cops. IN SCHOOL??!! Now I thought about that and I was wondering how friggin appropriate is that really? To show that in school while we are trying to learn something? And it's not that it was jsut our classroom it was everyone in all schools ws watching it on tv as it happened. Why? Why were we watching that? Why subject a lot of young people to that for no reason?? I don't remember there being a point. It seems as though something more is behind that.

2. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

we didnt watch the chase but we did get to watch the verdict! wtf are teachers thinking? i mean i thought it was cool at the time but now that i look back on it what business did we have watching the oj simpson trial in my us history class?

3. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

seriously!!

4. metro

metro self-banned

Yeah, that is messed up. The only tv broadcast I recall watching in school was when the Challenger blew up.